Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

What I would love to see is him and Westbrook join up together in LA, and Durant saying f that, time to go home.

They had to decide between him and Ibaka.

I still think that was a false choice. A big mistake. Harden was willing to cut them a deal to stay and any other team would have kept all four. But their ownership forced one of the worst trades in NBA history. I bet they have two rings by now if they'd kept him, and the cap is about to jump up big time, and Harden's deal would have been a huge discount.

For that decision alone, I kind of want to see Durant and Westbrook dip out on the franchise.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine  23m23 minutes ago

ESPN sources say that the Sacramento Kings are going ahead with a coaching change and plan to fire George Karl in coming days

I dont understand this. Arent they on the fringe of their first playoff birth in forever. Also, in roughly one years service from Karl? If the Gods are kind, they would let us get Karl in DC; something that should have happened years ago.

I dont understand this. Arent they on the fringe of their first playoff birth in forever. Also, in roughly one years service from Karl? If the Gods are kind, they would let us get Karl in DC; something that should have happened years ago.

Just say no to Karl. Dude is washed up. He's just a name now. Honestly I'd much rather have the guy he replaced than him. Lot better candidates out there

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83
  • Like 1

Give Karl a great front office and I bet he'd do just fine. Give any coach a crazy owner and a locker room with two difficult personalities without any front office stability or support... and well you've got an impossible situation.

Not sure he's a great fit for the Wizards but I don't think he should be judged on that disaster.

Harden is not going to OKC.  Hr is not going anywhere where he is not the first option on offense, and not even the second option, but the third.  OKC doesn't pass much as it is, and there are hardly enough basketballs to go around just for Westbrook and Durant as it is.

If Harden bolts it will be to a team that needs a ball dominant scorer.  A team like *gasp* the Lakers.  Or maybe to replace a fading Dwayne Wade at Miami. 

Well, Festus Ezili just had knee surgery today, so Golden State is vulnerable indeed.  

i continue to refuse to believe that somebody named Festus is a real live public persona

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14745595/atlanta-hawks-entertain-deals-al-horford-jeff-teague-kyle-korver-trade-deadline

The Atlanta Hawks are engaged in serious internal discussions ahead of the Feb. 18 trade deadline about the future direction of their team and their core players, including three All-Stars from their historic 2014-15 team: Al Horford, Jeff Teague and Kyle Korver.

After winning a franchise-high 60 games last season, the Hawks are currently 30-24 and fifth in the Eastern Conference after consecutive losses to the Orlando Magic on Sunday and Monday. Atlanta is clustered with a scrum of seven teams separated by only 4½ games behind the Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors.

Sources with knowledge of the team's thinking say that Hawks management and ownership have conceded internally that unless Atlanta can recapture the magic of last season's run -- when it went 60-22 and claimed the East's top seed -- this season's team is a fringe contender.

Ezeli is from Nigeria, and apparently it is a fairly common name there.   Who knew?  

no he is not.   he is from the set of Bonanza.  and he is a old white drunk prospector in big torn up overalls, no shoes, a ratty old coonskin hat and 4 remaining teeth

I kinda view George Karl as the Jeff Fisher of the NBA. If you're bad he can make you mediocre. If you have a lot of talent he can make you pretty good. But you won't be winning a championship with him and you will probably hover around average most of the time

Karl USED to be the Jeff Fisher of the NBA.  Now he is a shell of that, with the same name.   

and... the Kings continue to be a hot mess.

It's the last Lebron/Kobe game, of course it's going on national TV

Everything is the last Kobe something. This victory tour garbage needs to die, it was nauseating when they did it for Derek Jeter and it's the same now. Lebron got crap for his "decision" but declaring retirement before the season and having a year long ego party is worse.

I look at that differently. 

I don't think it is for him, it is for the fans and the league to understand this is the last chance you will ever see this great player. 

Same is if a golfer or tennis great, or driver, announced retirement. I would want that last chance to see them. 

People in Phoenix disliked Marcus last year and were happy to have him gone. Now he's in Detroit, and everyone loves him up there. Perhaps its not the player, but the organization. Lets look at the past handful of years off the top of my head:

1. Phoenix has an unexpectedly great season with Dragic, Bledsoe, the Morris twins, and 3pt supernova Channing Frye in a year they were expected to tank. Hornacek gets runner up for coach of the year.

2. The Morris twins are signed to extremely cheap deals to keep them together.

3. In a bold move Phoenix trades for Isiah Thomas and gets rid of Channing Frye. The 3 guard lineup fails catastrophically and infuriates Dragic to the point that he quits playing and demands a trade.

4. Dragic is traded to Miami for nothing. Isiah Thomas and the Lakers 1st are traded in a 3 team deal that sends Thomas to Boston and nets Brandon Knight; another guard who hates playing the combo guard, and feels he is a starting point. ( this is bad for both teams, as Carter Williams has been pretty bad in Milwaukee. Subsequently both Knight and Bledsoe are unhappy to share time at the 1.

5. One of the Morris twins is traded for peanuts a year or so after they signed on a discount deal under the notion of staying together. The reasoning being that they needed room for Tyson Chandler and (hopefully) Aldridge. Aldridge goes to San Antonio... Markeif is furious with the front office and demands a trade.

6. Hornacek loses the locker room after Bledsoe goes down with another season ending injury and is fired.

Maybe perhaps Markeif should get the benefit of the doubt that hes just in a toxic locker room and front office, and that he would be much better elsewhere. Id love to have him starting at the 4 in DC with Dudley coming off the bench.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

Robert Sarver is a well known douche bag. He nutted Steve Kerr, one of the true good guys of the league. Kerr has since vindicated himself in Golden State as one of the most brilliant minds in the league. And Sarver was behind blowing up the Steve Nash era Suns and wasting the final good years of Nash's career after he had promised Nash he would keep a contender around him.

I think there is truth to the claim that Phoenix has a front office/ownership problem. They keep running off promising players and coaches.

That said, I think it's clear Morris is a jerk too. At the very least, he's shockingly immature. Jerk player plus jerk organization = intolerable situation.

I think a change of scenery would definitely be good for him. But I also think he comes with a HUGE caveat emptor. He's super unprofessional and high maintenance.