Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

A Memphis and Chicago finals matchup would set basketball back 100 years.  I am curious though to see how many technical fouls would be called simply by virtue of having Noah and Zbo on the same court in the post season.  Zbo would come into the series enraged having just wrestled with his old nemesis Blake "aggressive styling" Griffin in the conference finals.  

A Memphis and Chicago finals matchup would set basketball back 100 years.  I am curious though to see how many technical fouls would be called simply by virtue of having Noah and Zbo on the same court in the post season.  Zbo would come into the series enraged having just wrestled with his old nemesis Blake "aggressive styling" Griffin in the conference finals.

Grizzlies Bulls would be old school fun for fans of post playplay and hard nosed defense. Both Gasols plus Zbo. Butler and Allen. That's more appealing to me thanthan the front runner casual fan spectacle that would be Clippers vs Cavs.

Grizzlies Bulls would be old school fun for fans of post playplay and hard nosed defense. Both Gasols plus Zbo. Butler and Allen. That's more appealing to me thanthan the front runner casual fan spectacle that would be Clippers vs Cavs.

I agree about the Clippers and Cavs.  The CP3 and Lebron worship would leave me nauseous.  Probably the two biggest whiners and egos in the NBA today.... and disappointingly the President and Vice President of the players union, who are coincidentally best of friends.  They'll play a major role in the next lock out. 

Honestly feel like the championship may be as up for grabs as its ever been. Still think Golden State is the team to beat but really its extremely wide open. Good for the league to have some excitement in a sport where you generally know who'll be competing for the title months in advance.

League really needs to fix the free timeouts teams are getting while plays are being reviewed. I mean its as simple as, "No going to your bench" and its fixed. 

He was fouled by Noah so it evens out.

Anyways.... Just gotta respect Bron. Dude hasn't lost to a EC team in like 5 years.

Bulls had numerous chances to end that game

Bulls lost the series on that shot. That's my prediction anyway. When Cavs win game 5 all will be clear. They had their best chance to beat him but now they have to win two of three, and that's not happening again.

League really needs to fix the free timeouts teams are getting while plays are being reviewed. I mean its as simple as, "No going to your bench" and its fixed.

Won't matter, coaches will draw up numerous plays for those situations, and call them in via hand signals to the team while they are on the court.

Time to change the rules? Foul shots are taken by the last player to touch the ball when any personal foul is committed.

Teams could still foul the bad shooter when they get the ball but they couldn't foul them 100 times when they aren't touching the ball.

• Like 1

Bulls lost the series on that shot. That's my prediction anyway. When Cavs win game 5 all will be clear. They had their best chance to beat him but now they have to win two of three, and that's not happening again.

I think there is a lot of series left. Cleveland just doesn't look that good. Neither does Chicago, but Cleveland looks really shaky on both ends of the floor to me. I expect offensive ineptitude from Chicago. But Cleveland isn't a good enough defensive team to also have so much trouble scoring.

Time to change the rules? Foul shots are taken by the last player to touch the ball when any personal foul is committed.

Teams could still foul the bad shooter when they get the ball but they couldn't foul them 100 times when they aren't touching the ball.

intentional fouls are two shots plus the ball. It's ridiculous. I didn't watch cause of the Caps game but was just looking at the box score. 34 FTAs. Good gracious.

Having said that, trying making a FT.

I'd change the rule so if the same player is fouled 3 or more times consecutively, the team gets to choose who shoots the FTs. If it's 5 or more, then its two FTs and the ball.

A lot of superstars would love that second bit and I think they get enough love from the refs as it is. 

I have no problem with the way it is. Yeah it sucks but making free throws is part of the game. If he can't do it then get him out of there.

Don't take strategy out of the game, however boring it is

I want players to still have to hit foul shots, but I'd prefer those foul shots come as part of actually playing basketball, not hack-a-player strategies that break the game.  Deandre Jordan and Dwight Howard will still get the ball in their hands, and a team is free to foul them at that point.  Better than way than in the corner of the court entirely away from the action which effectively reduces the game to a free throw practice session (which absolutely no one would care to watch).

Things can be taken too far and there have been two games in this series in which they most certainly were. 

• Like 1