Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237752/Kyrie-Irving-Asked-Teammates-If-They-Wanted-Him-On-Floor-With-Injury

Kyrie Irving Asked Teammates If They Wanted Him On Floor With Injury

Kyrie Irving continues to try to battle through a right foot strain in which he's hobbling and isn't as explosive as he usually is.

The Cleveland Cavaliers also moved Irving on defense to not defend Derrick Rose.

Irving asked his teammates if they wanted him to stay out on the floor.

"I asked them if they still wanted me out there," said Irving.

Iman Shumpert didn't hear Irving's question, but said he definitely wants him out there.

"I definitely always want him out there if he can go," Shumpert said after the game. "We will be hurt after the season. Right now we have to get wins."...

Irving is worn down and the guy is apparently looking for an excuse or an out. If I'm a Cleveland fan, this kind of talk scares the **** out of me. And if I'm LeBron it makes me mad. He's trying to will the team to wins and be the Jedi Master for the team and his Paduan is ****ing out. He's only got so many more years of this level of postseason play and competition left.

Also, apparently David Blatt tried to call a TO on the final possession when the Cavs were out of TOs and Tyronn Lue had to pull him off the court before he did so, which would have given Chicago a technical FT and the ball. That would have ended their season. Also, the final play he drew up had LeBron inbounding the ball and LeBron said **** no, and overrode the play call. That guy is so far out of his depth.

LeBron had to know what he was getting himself into when he left Miami for Cleveland, but damn. It's like amateur hour there. Nothing has really changed about that organization since he's returned. He's completely propping them up and they would immediately fall back into the dumpster if he left again.

Even Lebron hating DC fans can see having anyone else take the final shot is idiocy!

We have no idea knowing if the play was for Lebron to get the ball back after inbounding.

It was more fun when Lebron was struggling in the playoffs and his greatness was doubted - oh well.

Trying to picture Kobe's reaction if he was asked to inbound the final play...

Also, apparently David Blatt tried to call a TO on the final possession when the Cavs were out of TOs and Tyronn Lue had to pull him off the court before he did so, which would have given Chicago a technical FT and the ball. That would have ended their season. Also, the final play he drew up had LeBron inbounding the ball and LeBron said **** no, and overrode the play call. That guy is so far out of his depth.

LeBron had to know what he was getting himself into when he left Miami for Cleveland, but damn. It's like amateur hour there. Nothing has really changed about that organization since he's returned. He's completely propping them up and they would immediately fall back into the dumpster if he left again.

I'll never understand it (actually I kind of do, but i try to block it out), but he made his decision.

Cleveland gonna Cleveland

I'll never understand it (actually I kind of do, but i try to block it out), but he made his decision.

Cleveland gonna Cleveland

I think he was thinking about life after basketball when he made that decision. He wanted to revive his reputation in Ohio and that was the way to do it. I seriously think the man is going to own the Cavaliers by the time he's done. Maybe end up Governor of Ohio.

He's pretty much saying the right things publicly, being the good teammate, trying not to make the franchise about him, trying to drag a bunch of losers and neophytes as far as he can. Privately he's probably cussing himself out every time Love gets all moody and unengaged, JR Smith does something stupid, Kyrie tries to **** out, and Blatt shows his embarrassing lack of experience.

You know what would be awesome? LeBron stages a hostile takeover of the Cavs after he retires and forces Dan Gilbert out. Maybe changes the logo to Comic Sans.

I went back and read that letter and I'd forgotten just how cringeworthy it was. And the fact the Cavs left it linked on their website the four years LeBron was in Miami...

I have to think LeBron is planning some sort of elaborate revenge.

Speaking of the Lakers...

I never sweat it. I could die tonight and know that certain chumps ( not saying you MLS) would still be jealous of the Lakers, formerly owned by Jack Kent Cooke.

That's a great meme and truly how many thought when they got Howard. I was hating that deal for Howard, then just going with it...look it up here. It was a pitiful deal.

Go look back in the thread on Saturday during that play...

At first, I thought everybody was hyping it up. It didn't look like it was a dirty play at all, just a hard playoff foul...

Then I saw that top angle.

He aimed for the head, he made contact with the head. Then to make matters worse, I realized yesterday that he gave him a little shove. It was a dirty play and he should be suspended.

But I hope he doesn't get suspended because Schroder has lit us up so far. 

I never sweat it. I could die tonight and know that certain chumps ( not saying you MLS) would still be jealous of the Lakers, formerly owned by Jack Kent Cooke.

That's a great meme and truly how many thought when they got Howard. I was hating that deal for Howard, then just going with it...look it up here. It was a pitiful deal.

The Howard deal was really meant for a CP3 Lakers team. Once that deal got nixed by Stern it was never going to work out. And it completely altered those two franchises futures for the next decade

The Howard deal was really meant for a CP3 Lakers team. Once that deal got nixed by Stern it was never going to work out. And it completely altered those two franchises futures for the next decade

Can you recall a 10 year period that the Lakers have been...let's say irrelevant ?

I wanted them to get CP3, still no reason for why it happened that way.

Lakers should have had him, with Kobe and Gasol.

Can you recall a 10 year period that the Lakers have been...let's say irrelevant ?

I wanted them to get CP3, still no reason for why it happened that way.

Lakers should have had him, with Kobe and Gasol.

Nope can't think of one but they always had solid leadership previously. So this current dip is a bit scary for you I'm sure since the boy wonder is in charge and unproven, while also not getting off to the best start.

The Nick van Excel era.... pre Kobe and post Magic was pretty brutal.

Beyond brutal. Torture.

Right now...not so worried. Still have a great young player, an all time great, and a fairly high draft pick, with tons of cap space coming up.