Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

i'm still rooting for the Warriors now, but it is getting more difficult

(and i wonder what that says about me... i can only root for teams when they are pathetic losers?)

Spoken like a true Redskins fan.   

eIZPDLF.gif

Well-deserved. Kid had a monster season. Also, he's not a flopping clown.

Curry does fall down on a lot of drives, but it's not to get a call - it's because he is paranoid about landing on someone's foot and injuring his tissue paper ankles.   He's rather go to the floor than put all his weight down on one foot in the middle of a sea of legs.  

Edited by Predicto

The Bulls they are up because Dunleavy incredibly has 13 points on 5 shots.  That's obviously not sustainable.  Lebron and Kyrie are having too easy a time.  Cavs are also getting some love from the refs. 

Rockets had rest, health, and home court but still managed to lose to a team missing its best player. That has to be deflating.

Rockets were not as good as their record this year.  They won a ton of very close games at the buzzer, or when other teams missed shots at the buzzer.   In other words, they were pretty lucky.  I think their Pythagorean expected win total (based on points scored and allowed) was 50 games, but they actually won 56 (give them credit for being good in the clutch, but that's a big difference).  

The Clippers actually had a Pythagorean expected win total of 61, second best in the league.

I just saw an under armor banner ad and I'm reminded of something. Prior to the season, when everyone thought we'd see Durant and Lebron fight for mvp again much was made of UA trying to sign Durant. Getting the MVP would have been huge for a company that only had Steph Curry.

Durant remained with Nike, but UA got their MVP. I imagine some of their execs are dancing with joy at their entirely unexpected good fortune.

Golden State please beat the damn Clippers in the WCF. If you don't, they are going to win a ring and that will be on your heads.

That is a truly disgusting idea.   I hate them whiny flippy floppy cheap shot jerks.

• Like 1

Looking at the east, the bulls are no doubt hoping the wizards win because who wants a 1 seed if they can be avoided. The wizards are hoping the bulls win, because Lebron is best avoided. Especially by Washington in the playoffs.

I hope it happens. A grudge match between teams that very obviously dislike eachother in the eastern conference finals would pair nicely with a clippers warriors brawl in the west.

• Like 1

Looking at the east, the bulls are no doubt hoping the wizards win because who wants a 1 seed if they can be avoided. The wizards are hoping the bulls win, because Lebron is best avoided. Especially by Washington in the playoffs.

I hope it happens. A grudge match between teams that very obviously dislike eachother in the eastern conference finals would pair nicely with a clippers warriors brawl in the west.

Red meat for old school NBA fans who like . Bulls-Pistons and Pistons-Celtics