Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

13 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Lowry still gonna catch that slander though lol

Draymond getting that ball is not getting the attention it should. You never know if he doesn't get that block. 

Just now, abdcskins said:

Geez, that sucks for Durant. Who is gonna sign him? 

He will take the players option with the Dubs and be a free agent after next season. Unless a team like the Knicks is willing to give him the max as a gamble. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

G-Wiz???

That thing looks highly untrustworthy

G-Wiz is a mute, which is fitting because it feels like we're in space and no one can hear us scream sometimes outside the DMV as a fanbase.  He's screaming on the inside, I've seen it in person.

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

He will take the players option with the Dubs and be a free agent after next season. Unless a team like the Knicks is willing to give him the max as a gamble. 

Oh okay, I thought he was an unrestricted free agent, like his contract was finished. The way everyone was talking I thought he was gonna gone after this season.

Just now, abdcskins said:

Oh okay, I thought he was an unrestricted free agent, like his contract was finished. The way everyone was talking I thought he was gonna gone after this season.

He was definitely opting out before tonight. Just not sure it makes sense unless a team will still give him a max deal. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Durant's injury is a horribly unfortunate situation for him, and it is a warning against max players taking short term deals.  Anthony Davis and Kyrie Irving and Kawhi should take heed.

It also alters the free agency landscape so profoundly this summer.

You get what you pay for.

Was his achilles injured originally and they just missed it somehow?  A lot of guys have rushed back from calf injuries and it’s not usual for the achilles to explode because of it.  If that we’re the case a calf injury would be treated with much more caution than it is.  Normally you risk worsening the strain or reinjuring it and suffering a major set back, but it’s not an automatic snapped achilles.  

I ask because when he initially hurt it a lot of people, with experience or medical degrees, were sure it looked like an achilles injury.

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Was his achilles injured originally and they just missed it somehow?  A lot of guys have rushed back from calf injuries and it’s not usual for the achilles to explode because of it.  If that we’re the case a calf injury would be treated with much more caution than it is.  Normally you risk worsening the strain or reinjuring it and suffering a major set back, but it’s not an automatic snapped achilles.  

I ask because when he initially hurt it a lot of people, with experience or medical degrees, were sure it looked like an achilles injury.

His reaction made me think achilles, because of popping nature of the rupture.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sounds like a prime candidate to black out, pull out a smuggled switchblade and knife a fan in the stands

He had 16 years to take out Ernie, he's quietly broken.  I feel bad for him, he's like a trapped spirit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Makes sense for him to sign the player option, unless he feels done wrong by the medical team

Agreed, and I'd be concerned about giving him max until more comes out.  This could get very depressing very fast.