Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Jordan would have told Smith the score.

That play is going to haunt Lebron for the rest of his laugh. That play haunted JR Smith until his second glass of Armand de Brignac.

The Warriors are going to win by 30 on Sunday. The planets just can't align any better for the Cavs than they did there.

By the way, I may officially be tired of the Warriors. I could tolerate their total indifference towards the regular season. But they have now slept-walked through a dozen playoff games, and it doesn't seem to matter because they have two MVPs and several All-Stars. They give maybe 8 minutes of gorgeous basketball per game now and spend the rest of the time dicking around. If they are going to dominate the league, they owe us something pretty.

• Like 8

I don't think there was anything borderline about it. Its a block all day and has been since blocking fouls were added to the game. He's still moving his feet and his body and is in no way in a defensive position. 

I don't think it should have been reviewed though because he wasn't close to the restricted. 

Either way, we are upset today for a ridiculous charge foul or a ridiculous review and overturn of ridiculous charge foul.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don't think there was anything borderline about it. Its a block all day and has been since blocking fouls were added to the game. He's still moving his feet and his body and is in no way in a defensive position. 

I don't think it should have been reviewed though because he wasn't close to the restricted. 

Either way, we are upset today for a ridiculous charge foul or a ridiculous review and overturn of ridiculous charge foul.

If an NBA official calls it a charge in real time, it's borderline.  If Steve Javie, who reffed in the NBA for a quarter century and is ABC's so-called expert on officiating says it was a charge after reviewing it, it's borderline. 

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

If an NBA official calls it a charge in real time, it's borderline.  If Steve Javie, who reffed in the NBA for a quarter century and is ABC's so-called expert on officiating says it was a charge after reviewing it, it's borderline. 

The old man has lost it. There is a reason he got forced into early retirement. 

Im kidding 

I still don't think it's borderline but after seeing the reaction to this, I apparently don't know what a charge is and have been wrong about one my entire life. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Im kidding 

I still don't think it's borderline but after seeing the reaction to this, I apparently don't know what a charge is and have been wrong about one my entire life. 

I've made hundreds of block/charge calls over the years officiating basketball. And probably a third could have gone either way, really. They are often the toughest calls to make. If I saw that clip fresh in a "you make the call" type deal, I probably call it a block, with the benefit of multiple reviews and slo-mo.

But that's not the point. The NBA has a stupid mechanism in place to second guess that one judgement call.  It sucks.

1 hour ago, drowland said:

Doesn't matter, the call never should have been reviewed in the first place.  

The review was triggered because there was a question by the refs if the defensive  player was in the restricted zone. It was legit review on a bang bang play. The outcome of the review is always what is in question.

Btw, I didn't think Thompson's foul warranted an ejection. His punch did. Both he and Kevin Love are possible suspensions for Game 2. Love left the bench and entered the court during the scuffle (to allegedly argue Thompson's ejection). By rule, that should be automatic 1 game suspension.

Edit..dang chew beat me to it.

Edited by The Evil Genius

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The review was triggered because there was a question by the refs if the defensive  player was in the restricted zone. It was legit review on a bang bang play. The outcome of the review is always what is in question.

If the lead (baseline) and the C (sideline) officials couldn't see that James was WELL out of the restricted zone, they should hang up their whistles. He was a two feet away from the arc at least.  They used that as an excuse to review the blarge. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Im kidding 

They've changed the charge rule, I think 3 years ago.  You no longer have to be completely stationary (and I don't think that was never the rule.  The rule was your feet had to be set).  They've gone to the phrase of a legal defensive position.  JVG commented on this last night during the game.  Lebron wasn't out of control of off balance and didn't leave his feet.  He had a good defensive position and was out of the restricted area.

Edited by PeterMP

23 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Btw, I didn't think Thompson's foul warranted an ejection. His punch did. Both he and Kevin Love are possible suspensions for Game 2. Love left the bench and entered the court during the scuffle (to allegedly argue Thompson's ejection). By rule, that should be automatic 1 game suspension.

Edit..dang chew beat me to it.

It was a 50/50 call on the court.  Anyone sitting in the nose bleeds of Oracle could see Lebron wasn't close to being in the restricted area.  It should not have been reviewed.  If they're going to review that then they should have reviewed the Warriors lane violation on the Hill missed FT.  

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

If they are going to dominate the league, they owe us something pretty.

Slowly but surely, you are coming around to my viewpoint.  The Warriors have made the league boring and you know it.

In three years you're going to be ready for the three point dunk.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Lane violations in the NBA? When has that been called in the past 20 years, especially in the last 5 minutes of a game.

I don't know, but the refs were making up rules on the fly last night so why not?  

Regarding the Dubs...I'd be surprised if last night wasn't the closest of the 4 games. Steph postgame made the comment that Game 1s are weird because your coming off adapting to the previous team you played. Changes will be made between games 1 and 2. 

Either way...provided Thompson's leg is okay..does anyone think anything has changed series prediction wise after Game 1?

Good teams always look like they are coasting to wins. 

The issue is that the block/charge wasn't the worse thing the refs did last night.  It really is a 50/50 play and could go either way.

The issue is the other 3 or 4 calls they had that the announcers in real time said were wrong, looked wrong with the slow motion review, and all went GS's way.

(Though, this is also a game where the Cavs really can't blame the refs.  You've got the ball tied with 5 seconds left in the game and your player doesn't know the game is tied, that's on you.)

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Regarding the Dubs...I'd be surprised if last night wasn't the closest of the 4 games. Steph postgame made the comment that Game 1s are weird because your coming off adapting to the previous team you played. Changes will be made between games 1 and 2. 

Either way...provided Thompson's leg is okay..does anyone think anything has changed series prediction wise after Game 1?

Good teams always look like they are coasting to wins. 

Well, if Love and Thompson are out in game 2 that hurts them a lot.

Though, I do think in some ways this team is better than last years.  Clearly, they'll miss Irving, but Hill is at least competent, and I think not having Irving has actually diversified their offense a little, and Larry Nance is playing better than anybody they brought of the bench last year and Green might be to.

Clarkson is about what Shumpert was.

Assuming that Thompson and Love are out game  and they get waxed, the question will be how they respond in game 3.

• Like 2

It's always shocking to fans when LeBron (and Harden) don't get the foul calls. They obviously ignore the forearm push off that happens by them 30x a game..but when they flop (and/or  throw their arms up) after nearly every missed shot, is it that shocking that some fouls get missed? People get on Draymond for overacting..but have no problem when these superstars do the exact same thing. That's what I find amusing about the whole NBA and refs blowing calls angle.

Btw, Mark Jackson still has a grudge against GS. Not to hard to figure out why. Had he been a better coach...

Edited by The Evil Genius

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Slowly but surely, you are coming around to my viewpoint.  The Warriors have made the league boring and you know it.

In three years you're going to be ready for the three point dunk.

As nuts as ^this seemed a couple weeks ago, I'm honestly starting to think you might be a genius (don't let thus go to your head)

Tired of seeing fast breaks and dudes ending it with dickless 3 pointers. Or shooting 50 million of them and missing them all, giving away possessions. Nah, dunks for everybody. Candy yams, shattered souls, and chronic traumatic encephalopathy 

• Like 1