Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

trade for Love.  The heat would have 2 top 5 players in the league and then kyrie.  They are getting Mike Miller and in the works to get Ray Allen.  More than enough.  I love all of you make a big deal about role players.  Last year in Miami, Bosh and Wade stunk.  Role players only play well when your top players are playing well.  

I know you meant Cavs. I do NOT see Love as a top 5 player unless we are talking fantasy ball. I think it is a bad move. It seems as if the "media" wants them to build a big 3. When 4 years ago they were pissed about it.  

I'm not saying Beal is a top 5 player in the league. I'm saying I wouldn't trade him for all but a few players. He's too valuable when you factor in his age, his upside, and his cheap contract. You don't trade a player like Beal, you build your franchise around him for the next 10+ years.

This is the same thing I am saying about Wiggins.

You potentially handicap your team for the long term by trading Wiggins right now.

Wall is a game changer. Plain and simple. That's a true superstar. When he's in, the pace changes completely

Wall is not a superstar. C'mon.

Paul. Yes. Curry. Sure. Westbrook. You betcha.

Edit: the Cavs would be fools to not trade Wiggins to get Love. Absolute fools.

Edited by Bubble Screen

You make a negative post every single time Wall's name comes up. For awhile now.

But whatever. Enjoy second place.

Exaggerate, much? I like Wall as a player. I really do. Beal, too. But neither are superstars. That's not negative. That's just being objective.

2nd place? Why are you bringing up the Nats in this thread?

KD and Lebron are not superstars those are gods. Superstar is a notch below those 2 players. John is not a god he is a superstar tho.

Wall is a legitimate star. The only reason he is not a superstar is because too many people focus on only ppg and individual stats. John is such a damn good distributor. But sadly because he doesn't put up 25+ ppg so no one plays with him on NBA 2k which means he is not a superstar.

Check out some of these insane stats.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-rainmakers-players-who-create-the-most-corner-3s/

John literally raped the competition. His vision is so damn on point its not even funny he sees things before they happen he sucks people into the paint with his speed and can kick it out. He goes up for a jumper and can dish it across the court for a wide open 3. He can thread the ball thru traffic like no other player besides CP.

John can makes the players around him better and that is what makes him a superstar. 

I literally can't think of a worse way to go about praising a person's talent.

Even if it was not consensual when John was slicing up peoples ankles for corner 3s? Surely the people playing defense did not want to allow the snapping of ankles and swishes of 3s. I'm pretty sure I heard some "Please stop breaking our ankles John it hurts" from Lebron during that 30 point beat down. And he just kept going and going. Barbaric assistor I tell you just taking it at will.

I don't think any pg at the moment is a superstar. CP3 comes the closest. When you say superstar when talking nba I think of a regular MVP candidate that can't be stopped. The types of players that very rarely are prevented from getting their numbers, no matter what opposing defenses try to throw at them. Lebron and Durant stand out currently as superstars. They still need good teams and coaching to win, but their individual impact is enormous and inevitable. Superstars can get bad coaches awards and take otherwise bad teams further than they deserve.

If Randy Wittman wins coach of the year, as Scott Brooks and Mike Brown have managed, then we can talk about Wall being a superstar.

Even if it was not consensual when John was slicing up peoples ankles for corner 3s? Surely the people playing defense did not want to allow the snapping of ankles and swishes of 3s. I'm pretty sure I heard some "Please stop breaking our ankles John it hurts" from Lebron during that 30 point beat down. And he just kept going and going. Barbaric assistor I tell you just taking it at will.

Yeah sorry I love John Wall but your metaphors aren't cool.

Still took them (the Pacers) to 6. Still looked like the better team more often than not. I think the Pacers take a step back this year anyway. He might be a knucklehead but I don't think losing Stephenson is addition by subtraction. And who the **** knows what happens with Hibbert.

And as I've stated many a times, I don't get the Bulls love at all. I mean every damn NBA/basketball board I visit, a majority have the Bulls finishing 1 or 2 in the East. **** blows my mind. I'd be willing to bet a month's salary that Rose doesn't even get close to his former self. Hell, a year's salary he doesn't do it this year. I don't care how old he is. Us Wiz fans just went through that **** with Gilbert and believing in him set the franchise back damn near a decade. I know Rose is young, in his prime, but so was Gilbert. I know Rose didn't get microfracture surgery like Gilbert, but unlike Gilbert, his athleticism is THE major feature of his game and his success. So microfracture or not, he's going to be losing something with the knee and missing so much time. Again, name me a player who's missed the type of time Rose has and been but a shadow of their former selves ever again? Been thinking about that a lot and the only one who comes close was Bernard King. But he never fully got back and it took him a few years to even get close. Bulls fans and believers seem to be counting on a full recovery and for it to happen this up coming season. Yeah, ok. Good luck with that. And I'm not even talking ****. Like I said, we went through it with Gilbert. I don't wish that disappointment, heartache and depression (it really is like going through the various stages of grief) on anyone. Not even LeBron fans and certainly not Bulls fans (bandwagon or not). So they're counting on and fully believing (hell even expecting) Rose and a 34-year-old Gasol to take them to the promise land. Again, good luck with that. (interesting Sidenote, saw a report today that there's a rumor that Thibs is pissed the Bulls didn't make a stronger run at Carmelo. If that's true, that should tell you something.)

So yeah, what's that leave us with? The Cavs and the slept-on Raptors. With a sleeper (imo) in Atlanta. Barring injuries or any other unforeseen issues, the Wiz are right there. God I can't wait. Been waiting my whole life for this. The highlight of my childhood Bullets fandom was a ****ing Muggsy Bouges/Manute Bol poster. Not a star player, not a great team, not an exciting playoff run. Nope. It was a goofy ****ing poster. And this is before we even land Durant. If we get him...I don't care where the **** I'm living or what I'm doing in life, I'm moving back to the DMV. Just for that. It's painful enough being gone now and presumably staying gone for the season. 2016, we land Durant, I'm coming home. It really would be THAT big.

I don't even remember how or why I started this post. So in closing: **** all you bandwagon fans. **** all you non-Wizards fans. **** LeBron. #DC4Life, #DMV4life, #Bullets4life, #KD2DC, #It'sHappening and #ImOut

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 2

I don't think any pg at the moment is a superstar. CP3 comes the closest. When you say superstar when talking nba I think of a regular MVP candidate that can't be stopped. The types of players that very rarely are prevented from getting their numbers, no matter what opposing defenses try to throw at them. Lebron and Durant stand out currently as superstars. They still need good teams and coaching to win, but their individual impact is enormous and inevitable. Superstars can get bad coaches awards and take otherwise bad teams further than they deserve.

If Randy Wittman wins coach of the year, as Scott Brooks and Mike Brown have managed, then we can talk about Wall being a superstar.

Wall elevates the team so much. He's clearly not a LeBron/Durant/Dwight, where their presence almost single-handedly ensures you can build a 50 win team. But Wall did elevate a 5-28 team to .500. That's pretty huge.

Wall's offensive impact on the Wizards is about as big as any other player's for their team. Wall led the league in touches per game by a very large margin.

Honors and status come from winning more than anything else, which is why Wall wasn't recognized the first three years of his career even though he's always been pretty good. The better the Wizards do, the more people will consider him one of the best players in the league.

And when CP3 declines, Wall and Westbrook are still the two most likely candidates for "league's best PG" status. Imagine if Wall got to play with Durant. Single guarded, a paint you couldn't pack. He'd average 11 or 12 assists per game.

Wall would jump into MVP conversations if the Wizards really blow up and get into upper 50's win territory and finish as a one or two seed. They've got a two year window to win the East with the current construction and with the conference in flux around them. I'm pretty confident Wall will bring home some awards in that time.

Wall elevates his teammates a ton too. He just got Trevor Ariza a big payday when, last summer, we noted that Ariza was going to opt into the final year of his contract because there was no way in hell he'd make anywhere close to the 7.78 million in that final year if he hit the open market.

Wall is pretty unique. Outside CP3, no other PG offers the same combination of scoring, passing, and defense.