Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

True and that's the dilemma. But if I'm Gasol I surely would be interested in taking a little less to play with Lebron and in the East.

His passing skills/offensive ability and basketball IQ paired with Lebrons and a shooter like Ray Allen and another FA 3pt threat would be a great fit.

I'd say if I'm Gasol I'm choosing the Heat or the Spurs, the Spurs for obvious reasons, it would be a basketball utopia for Gasol. Not sure how much they can provide though.

Sounds like there are quite a few teams after him. I think a problem the Heat are having with the top FAs is obviously the Heat can't offer them as much as other teams without really hurting themselves. So if a player like Gasol has a few contenders after him, why sign with the Heat for less money when you still have just as good of a shot with say OKC for a little more money?

Plus without the big three under contract why would anyone take a pay cut to play there? It's a risk. Imagine if they sign only to have Lebron sign with the Lakers, Rockets, or wherever that isn't Miami. Then they are stuck making less money for their final years in the league on a team that isn't a title contender. People can say that its a sure thing, hell even Lebron can say it to them, but until the big three are under contract things can change.

Why would Gasol, who has as many rings as Lebron, want to take less money and sign with a team that consist of Norris Cole and Shabazz Napier?

Remember how silly Byron Scott looked as coach of the Cavs? He took over the team expecting to coach a contender featuring the NBAs best player, but ended up coaching a that had its heart ripped out instead. Eggs aren't chickens.

Edited by Destino

So with the Heat missing out on Lowry and Gortat, what do they do next?

Do some fast talking.

The contracts Lowry and Gortat signed would have taken up every penny of cap space that the Heat had in their wildest fantasies. They are going to need to convince someone to take a 50 percent discount to play there.

True and that's the dilemma. But if I'm Gasol I surely would be interested in taking a little less to play with Lebron and in the East.

His passing skills/offensive ability and basketball IQ paired with Lebrons and a shooter like Ray Allen and another FA 3pt threat would be a great fit.

Is Ray Allen still an NBA player?

I legitimately do not know the answer to that question.

Plus without the big three under contract why would anyone take a pay cut to play there? It's a risk. Imagine if they sign only to have Lebron sign with the Lakers, Rockets, or wherever that isn't Miami. Then they are stuck making less money for their final years in the league on a team that isn't a title contender. People can say that its a sure thing, hell even Lebron can say it to them, but until the big three are under contract things can change.

Why would Gasol, who has as many rings as Lebron, want to take less money and sign with a team that consist of Norris Cole and Shabazz Napier?

Remember how silly Byron Scott looked as coach of the Cavs? He took over the team expecting to coach a contender featuring the NBAs best player, but ended up coaching a that had its heart ripped out instead. Eggs aren't chickens.

Good points. So that does mean the big 3 opting out is actually going to hurt the Heat? I mean we all thought it would help since they would create cap space, but it seems like FAs are not sure about jumping to sign there since the Heat have no one under contract besides Cole, right? I'm sure LeBron has been sitting back and looking over all his options. At first, I thought it was a lock he was going back to Miami. Right now, I'd say it's about a 75% chance he goes back and every day that goes by without the Heat signing some help, I think those chances keep getting lower.

Is Ray Allen still an NBA player?

I legitimately do not know the answer to that question.

He can be if he wants to keep doing it. I think I read earlier that he's going to follow LeBron this offseason. Makes sense.

If Trevor Ariza walks, I would love to have him on the Wizards.

Why was Anthony Bennett touted so much? What was his skill set? Just wondering. People seem to be writing him off as done for.

He was a scorer. Nobody saw him as #1 pick caliber. Most people thought he'd go fourth or fifth at the earliest.

He has a good handle and he can shoot and he has an inside scoring game and he's a good PnR finisher. Plus he can rebound. He had a little bit of Larry Johnson in him as a tweener forward with a short, stocky but athletic build that could face up and dribble his way to the rim.

But he was flawed. He can be a bad shot taker and he's not a passer and he wasn't good defensively in college.

The Cleveland FO that picked him and Waiters and Kyrie and Thompson basically didn't know **** about defense. They built a team with no foundation for defense whatsoever and they doubled up on skill sets unnecessarily.

A team that essentially squandered consecutive #4 overall picks plus a #1 pick didn't deserve the be rewarded with Andrew Wiggins the very next year. **** that franchise.

• Like 2

If you did the 2012 draft over again today, what would the order be?

I think it'd obviously go:

1.) Davis

2.) Lillard

3.) Beal or Drummond, with the other one going #4.

Huge drop off to #5.

But several others think Drummond goes second ahead of Lillard. And maybe Lillard drops to four because of Wall in D.C.

After the first two years, it looks like Charlotte really screwed up that #2 pick because this was a good class. Not as bad as Cleveland and Sacramento bombed picks #4 and #5. But MKG needs to start showing something next season.

Bluewaterheaven wrote:Hey guys. So I just want to give you a piece of info I just heard. Last year I interned at Steptoe Johnson, a very large global law firm. I still keep up with some people there. A few of the senior partners are season ticket holders, and also do a lot of work with InCapital, which is owned by Tom Rickett, the Cubs owner. Anyway, word is, in the office, Melo's attorney's are heading into Chicago tomorrow. That is all I got.

Vicino wrote: So I didn't want to be just another Rando with a Source, but my Father and I have relationships with two Sr. Partners at Seyfrath Shaw LLP HQ'd in Chicago: One of the partners called me earlier this afternoon (b/c he knows how closely I'm following the Melo situation) and the other partner confirmed via text that Carmelo's Attorneys will definitely be in Chicago by tomorrow mid-morning.

NOTE: I've been a heavy-lurker throughout this Melo process, and wanted to take a moment to thank you all for helping me through this roller coaster of a week. My process has been: 1) Read latest breaking story from (insert that hack ESPN/Yahoo "Insider") 2) Dial into 4-way conference-call with my Bro's to discuss the legitimacy/effect of said latest news 3) Come here to read through latest 8-10 pages of latest Melo Thread 4) Re-calibrate my thoughts on whether we land Melo.

Right now, I am very confident Melo will be a Bull.

Just found these two posts on bulls forum on realgm.....lakers news could also be leverage for s&t to Chicago for carmelo.......

Edited by THUNDERDOME

Phil Pressey and Marcus Smart ate Shabazz Napier's lunch in their SL debuts.

Not sure Napier has the size, strength, and speed to make an NBA contribution this season. He looks like a reach in the first round.

Did you see that dunk Nick Johnson had?

Also, I just saw some SICK moves Curry was putting on in some tournament out west. That dude is straight up ridiculous.

Unfortunately that's his shot. And if Mark Price (he's on their staff) can't help fix his stroke, no one can.

Maybe it's just some of the worst or the camera angle or something because damn that is one gloriously bad jump shot.  I'm not sure I could shoot like that without hurting my neck.  lol    

Edited by Destino