Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Dog, if he somehow falls to 3 to the Sixers, and they put out a group with Noel, Williams, and Wiggins... my goodness.

Yeah.  That is scary.  But it could also go the Wizards route and stall out by being too young.  The 76ers really stripped their roster down to where Thaddeus Young is the only decent vet they've got.  That's dangerous.

And I'm getting a weird feeling about MCW.  I'm thinking his ceiling isn't as good as it seemed in the first half of the season.  For one thing, he was very old for a rookie.  For another, he started playing some pretty turdy basketball, showing some bad habits.  You don't want him to absorb loser ways, that's why Philly really needs to act quickly to put a winner around him.

You don't want him to become the next Tyreke Evans.

At this point I'd say even if Rose is playing. Westbrook was already stronger and now with two blown knees I doubt Rose will be faster or more explosive.

Yeah Westbrook is surely better than Rose is going to be when he gets back.  Two devastating knee injuries will completely change him.  But Prime Rose was a little bit better athlete than Westbrook IMO.  The best leaper among guards in the league.  And he had the best body control in the NBA IMO.  He was an absolutely incredible dunker.  Let me see if I can't dig up the montage of Derrick Rose's high school dunks.

He was just so friggin' good.  It makes me sad to think about him.

2011 Rose was the best guard the league has seen since 2008 CP3 IMO.  That's kind of the standard for now until someone tops it.

You know I don't think people have ever really talked about the fact that CP3's torn meniscus back at the end of 2009 and early 2010 completely altered his career trajectory.  He was on track to go down as the GOAT PG IMO.  But he peaked at 23.  Byron Scott got fired the next year.  The team fell apart.  And he got hurt and missed half the season.  He hasn't been the same since.

BTW John Wall is a better athlete than Westbrook.  It can be deceptive because John doesn't have that obvious brick house build like Westbrook. and it never looks like John is working that hard.  But John is a little bigger, a little faster, and a little bit better leaper.

BTW John Wall is a better athlete than Westbrook. It can be deceptive because John doesn't have that obvious brick house build like Westbrook. and it never looks like John is working that hard. But John is a little bigger, a little faster, and a little bit better leaper.

Maybe, Wall isn't as strong as Westbrook. He's also nowhere near as angry/aggressive as Russ, so I doubt we'll ever see Wall get as much out of his natural gifts as Westbrook does. It's rare to watch Westbrook play and feel like he isn't pushing the limits of what he should do.

Btw - tonight, go Pacers! I want as many games as possible before baseball purgatory begins. I think Miami wins by double digits though.

Edited by Destino

Miami is running Indy off the floor.  They know which Indy they got tonight.

CWebb is right, teams pay attention to effort game to game.  They know Indy doesn't bring it every night and they know which team they're getting in the opening minutes.  They know when there is blood in the water.  Then it's a blowout.

Indy won't be a true contender until they're consistent.  Not necessarily in level of play, but in effort.  They only want to play hard at home and they get down early and fall apart.  Stop playing D.  Stop rebounding.  I think there are some definite leadership issues in that locker room.

Indy has totally given up. George Hill is still not a point guard and it's especially evident tonight. George vanished, again. Hibbert can't protect the rim because Indy's perimeter defense doesn't cut the pass off to the rolling player. West is still pretty good. Stephenson is an ass and has succeeded in motivating the Heat and he isn't nearly good enough to do anything about it. The pacers are standing around a lot and aren't chasing loose balls and rebounds with any real effort.

Indy needs a new coach just to get a new voice in the locker room and a new back court.

Edit: That collision between Lebron and George where there was no call is annoying. It's hard to see that and not think the refs aren't looking to avoid Lebron getting in foul trouble. That much contact is a whistle, one way or another, 999 times out of a thousand. I'd rather they had called a bad charge on a George than make it so obvious.

Edited by Destino

If MIA keeps getting these kinds of games from their role players like Rashard Lewis, theyre gonna be tough to beat.

Hopefully the team they play in the finals isn't crumbling beneath the weight of its own locker room drama. Pacers have humiliated themselves tonight. The playoffs are much more fun when they are competitive.

Edited by Destino

Indy needs a new coach just to get a new voice in the locker room and a new back court.

This is the second team they've had implode with a solid coach at the helm. Something to be said about the kind of squads Bird keeps putting together. Bet you Vogel will take a team to the finals within 5 years after he leaves.

Wonder if george blames the refs after this game.

Hopefully he gets so frustrated that he tells the media what really happened to the Pacers. I'd love to know because they went from dominant to having multiple personalities and you can never trust rumors.

I like Paul George. I'd be thrilled to have him join Wall and Beal in DC.

I would pass on him. I'm not sure he has the passion/desire  nor the mental fortitude to become a superstar player. Maybe he is just young, but I don't see the fire. At the end of the Wizards series when Indiana was gonna win, most of their starters were up and excited while he was just sitting there totally disinterested. Just my opinion.

I would pass on him. I'm not sure he has the passion/desire nor the mental fortitude to become a superstar player. Maybe he is just young, but I don't see the fire. At the end of the Wizards series when Indiana was gonna win, most of their starters were up and excited while he was just sitting there totally disinterested. Just my opinion.

You're putting way too much importance on this season where the Pacers are clearly imploding due to some locker room issue. He's a better defensive and offensive player than a Wall or Beal.

You're putting way too much importance on this season where the Pacers are clearly imploding due to some locker room issue. He's a better defensive and offensive player than a Wall or Beal.

Maybe, but was he a big reason they imploded?

Is Erik Spoelstra the 2nd best coach in the league? Where do yall rank him? You have to give him some credit, like LKB said who would think Rashad Lewis would hit 6 threes, Erik evidently thought he would contribute.

No. He is a good coach and he deserves credit, but LeBron made Mike Brown a coach of the year.

Is Erik Spoelstra the 2nd best coach in the league? Where do yall rank him? You have to give him some credit, like LKB said who would think Rashad Lewis would hit 6 threes, Erik evidently thought he would contribute.

It's hard to say. I can't remember the last time a team had a current allstar as their third offensive option. Other than center the Heat are almost unbelievably LOADED with talent. That said the team does always seem well prepared and you don't catch them being lazy and not moving their feet. Is he better than Rick Carlisle?

edit: Hersh makes a good point with a Mike Brown. That was without Wade and Bosh.

Edited by Destino