Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Yeah I hate it so much. Now that chump Kyrie gets to roll with Wiggins or Embiid.

Probably going to go all in on Kevin Love...but then Love will bounce at the end of the year.  LOL.

If the Cavs waste this pick too, the NBA should fold them. Or at least force their ownership to sell. They can apparently do that.

They should make Cleveland's pick be determined by fan voting. Could it yield worse results?

I don't think anyone can doubt the cold envelope theory for the Knicks back in the 80s after seeing how the lottery has been rigged for the Cavs.  NBA STILL trying to make amends to that franchise, for whatever the reason, since Lebron left.  SMH.  What a joke. 

That "fixed wheel" idea for the Draft from ESPN looks better and better every year

That's the worst idea. Having a box of kittens select the draft order by choosing team labeled food dishes would be less horrible than that idea. Can you imagine the NBA champ getting the 1st pick? Players staying an extra year to avoid the bucks? It would humiliate the nba.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

Yeah I hate it so much. Now that chump Kyrie gets to roll with Wiggins or Embiid.

Common sense would be Embiid. They've been absolutely gift wrapped the solution to their self inflicted problems. But the Cavs are full of surprises. No joke, it wouldn't surprise me if they drafted Marcus Smart or Dante Exum.

I wanted to see Milwaukee get it or fall to four and be forced to pick one of the PGs. I would love to see Greek Freak paired with Embiid. Or Greek Freak and Henson paired with a true franchise type personality at PG like Marcus Smart.

The Bucks are on the young side, but their young players are quality. There are so many directions they can go. If Larry Sanders gets back to not sucking next season, then that's a piece. Henson is a piece. Giannis is a piece. And then this pick will be a piece. They can be one of the teams that emerges from this in a couple of seasons as a home grown power.

Philly is sitting pretty too on whoever they get between Wiggins and Parker. Nerlens is a big question mark, but there is a legit chance he and MCW end up being the best players from 2013. And Nerlens is the kind of big I would want to pair with Jabari Parker, who is going to be an elite scoring but defensively inept stretch 4 IMO. I can see Philly getting good in like three years if they manage their cap well and get the right role players.

Probably going to go all in on Kevin Love...but then Love will bounce at the end of the year.  LOL.

Embiid should be the #1 overall pick, but Embiid's window is years later than Kyrie's. It'd be like if we were still searching for Wall's sidekick and we picked a 19 year old big man four or five years away from being a legit force.

So trading the pick does make sense for Cleveland. But what could you actually get back? Love? That's not a bad deal for Minnesota. And Cleveland's offense could certainly take off. But they'd still be so bad defensively.

That's the worst idea. Having a box of kittens select the draft order by choosing team labeled food dishes would be less horrible than that idea. Can you imagine the NBA champ getting the 1st pick? Players staying an extra year to avoid the bucks? It would humiliate the nba.

It would be tiered or sectioned though, so the champs bracket on their best year would be 1-5, could be 1 obviously but just as easily or even more likely 5. So any team in that 5 team bracket would have a chance so college players wouldn't be able stay to avoid a certain team. At least that's the wheel I saw unless there was another one where every team got a #1 every 30 years or something?

Also, I don't know how much of a factor a bad team at #1 would really be anyway for young kids that are looking for millions. They are either coming or not in most cases.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

The best idea for fixing the draft would be getting rid of the draft and let players go on the open market. Keep salary cap constraints the same, so a team like Miami wouldnt be able to sign one of the great prospects because they do not have the money, and it would also end tanking. Why would Andrew Wiggins sign for Cleveland with their history of ineptitude?

If that is done, then tanking would be over. And it would also eradicate one of the most unfairest things in employment in our country. A draft is unfair and illegal.

Since that will never happen because the draft is now a TV event and fans think its "right," they should leave the lottery to the top 5 teams only.

Yeah I'm not seeing the rig here either. Don't get me wrong, I FULLY believe in past riggings and have advocated such on this board many a times. I'm just not seeing it here. If anything, I think Cleveland winning again shows this one was NOT rigged. I mean it's Cleveland. Cleveland.

You know the last time the Lakers or Celtics ever won a overall #1 draft pick. Celtics I don't think ever had one, and the Lakers had Worthy #1 overall via a trade with the Cavs(1982). This is the 3rd time the Lakers have ever had to deal with the ping pong balls since 1994(2005 and 2014 are the others). It wouldn't be rigged, because the Lakers situation is screwed up right now. It might take 2-3 years to fix this and this is coming from a Laker fan. Rigged was the Knicks winning the 1st lottery and everyone knew Stern is a big Knicks fan. 

The best idea for fixing the draft would be getting rid of the draft and let players go on the open market. Keep salary cap constraints the same, so a team like Miami wouldnt be able to sign one of the great prospects because they do not have the money, and it would also end tanking. Why would Andrew Wiggins sign for Cleveland with their history of ineptitude?

If that is done, then tanking would be over. And it would also eradicate one of the most unfairest things in employment in our country. A draft is unfair and illegal.

Since that will never happen because the draft is now a TV event and fans think its "right," they should leave the lottery to the top 5 teams only.

Interesting idea....

Personally, I'd love to see a "losers" tournament.  This would be where the 13 worst teams in the league play in a tourney to decide draft order.  You could have a play-in game between the two worst teams in the league and award byes for a few others to get the tourney down to an eventual 8.  After that, it's on.  LOL. 

I don't think you can completely get rid of the draft either. It has to be there in some capacity.

Interesting idea....

Personally, I'd love to see a "losers" tournament. This would be where the 13 worst teams in the league play in a tourney to decide draft order. You could have a play-in game between the two worst teams in the league and award byes for a few others to get the tourney down to an eventual 8. After that, it's on. LOL.

I've seen that idea too and I do like it. It would help those teams that are pretty much stuck forever in no mans land of either just good enough to sneak into the postseason/miss the postseason but too good to make any strong improvements through the draft.

Also it would make the league more top heavy and competitive since those front be playoff teams would likely be the consistent winners and this you are strengthening the fight and talent of the teams that so get into the playoffs

Yeah I'm not seeing the rig here either. Don't get me wrong, I FULLY believe in past riggings and have advocated such on this board many a times. I'm just not seeing it here. If anything, I think Cleveland winning again shows this one was NOT rigged. I mean it's Cleveland. Cleveland.

My anger isnt in the "rigging" because I dont think its there or important here.

The Cavaliers have received three number one picks over the last four years, and five top 4 picks. Why is their ineptness being rewarded?

Interesting idea....

Personally, I'd love to see a "losers" tournament.  This would be where the 13 worst teams in the league play in a tourney to decide draft order.  You could have a play-in game between the two worst teams in the league and award byes for a few others to get the tourney down to an eventual 8.  After that, it's on.  LOL.

I dont want to see bad teams play against each other, but thats just me.

I don't think you can completely get rid of the draft either. It has to be there in some capacity.

why? because its how it has always been? its illegal and a farce.

Interesting idea....

Personally, I'd love to see a "losers" tournament. This would be where the 13 worst teams in the league play in a tourney to decide draft order. You could have a play-in game between the two worst teams in the league and award byes for a few others to get the tourney down to an eventual 8. After that, it's on. LOL.

Then the worst of the worst teams wouldn't get the pick they need.

My anger isnt in the "rigging" because I dont think its there or important here.

The Cavaliers have received three number one picks over the last four years, and five top 4 picks. Why is their ineptness being rewarded?

why? because its how it has always been? its illegal and a farce.

What's the difference in the Cavs or bad teams winning a lottery and bad teams also being the only one that can afford top picks via free agency as you suggested?

Then the worst of the worst teams wouldn't get the pick they need.

Well it eliminates tanking and forces those teams to continue to get better even if just to win the top picks in which case they might find themselves becoming a pretty good team.