Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Get em Portland.  **** Houston.  Get em Mavs.  I would love to see a Portland vs Dallas match up in the second round.  Spurs would be fine too, just **** Houston.

I don't care who wins between LA and GS.  Either would be entertaining in a second round match up vs OKC, not so much vs Memphis.

But for selfish reasons, I hope Memphis beats OKC.

Bubble Screen is certainly a heel. But he is the cool heel that you like to cheer for lol

This Brooklyn/Toronto series is going seven. If it does, I think that favors the Nets. 

I don't like Toronto's fan base.  But I'm pulling for them over Brooklyn.  Brooklyn is arrogant and absurd.  I want them to lose.

• Like 1

The Bobcats have been in the bottom 10 attendance wise every year since 2004 bubble..

Yes, because we had our team ripped away from us and moved to New Orleans by Shinn.  He wanted a new arena with luxury boxes, didn't want to pay market value for top players (he paid Larry "my neck and my back" Johnson to a ridiculous contract, but let Zo go to the Heat), etc.  

Two years later we get back a team that has to play in the old arena, which was fine.  All kinds of issues happened with Bob Johnson as owner, arena controversy (carry over from 2001 when Shinn was involved), his bright idea to agree to show games on a new channel called C-Set only available on TWC with an upgrade to their digital package (**** you Bob Johnson!).  People with DirectTV or Dish were **** out of luck and I think we only got to watch 4-6 games that were nationally televised.

Johnson put no money into building a winning product, he didn't care what-so-ever about the team.  Of course attendance is low, you had a winning product on the floor and led the team in attendance for 8 straight years in the largest arena in the league (it was at the time it was built), even when you weren't making the playoffs, only to have it ripped away from you.

Then some jerk comes in and tries to force people to buy tickets to attend in person or force them to buy his new TV station to watch games, making it unavailable to half of the fans.  Great way to revitalize the city to give a **** and pour more money into an NBA team.  You can say what you want about MJ as an owner, he's definitely made huge mistakes in the past, but the best thing he's done, hire a really good GM, step back and write the checks.  

Also, bringing back the Hornets will be huge and should be that first step into winning back fans.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

After the Wizards playoff runs in the mid 2000s, we were in full rebuild mode. It made ZERO sense to sign high priced free agents. We had to get rid of the old guard and their contracts. I haven't liked the losing, but getting a lot if draft picks and young players was the way to go. It has started to pay off and if they keep with the current course, they can be one of the better teams, which will attract those free agents.

After the Wizards playoff runs in the mid 2000s, we were in full rebuild mode. It made ZERO sense to sign high priced free agents. We had to get rid of the old guard and their contracts. I haven't liked the losing, but getting a lot if draft picks and young players was the way to go. It has started to pay off and if they keep with the current course, they can be one of the better teams, which will attract those free agents.

It's a tricky balance you have to find between draft picks and vet FAs.  That's the problem the Wizards had.  You have to buttress a team of young draft picks with vets who are actually good or else the team will suck and the management and the draft picks will be run out of town on a rail.

This is the most amount of parody I have ever seen in the NBA playoffs. And that is a good thing for the NBA. You don't want the predictable same old same old 4-5 teams vying for the conference finals.

I agree. It's actually good for the NBA that the Spurs, Thunder and Pacers aren't running away with their series. Nice to see teams like the Wiz and Blazers playing well since its been awhile for those teams. The NBA needs more Wiz and Blazers and less Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Pacers. Look at what parody has done for the NFL.

All that is great BUT RIHANNA WORE A SHIRT WITH NO BRA TO THE NETS GAME.

Goddamn...I love the internet and that Barbadian queen lol

The Cool Kids don't say Barbadian.  They say "Bajan".

Sincerely,

Predicto (who got married in Barbados) 

• Like 1

I agree. It's actually good for the NBA that the Spurs, Thunder and Pacers aren't running away with their series. Nice to see teams like the Wiz and Blazers playing well since its been awhile for those teams. The NBA needs more Wiz and Blazers and less Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Pacers. Look at what parody has done for the NFL.

The media and bandwagon hopping fans love the dynasty teams but if you want overall fan interest parity is everything.

I think I am madder about the Donald Sterling situation than anyone in America (well, anyone who isn't black, anyway).

I have been cultivating my hatred of the Clippers for a long time.  Hate that flopping fake Blake Griffin, hate that whiny flopping Chris Paul, hate that dirty Matt Barnes, .  I hate their crappy homer announcers and the contrived Lob City nickname.  And most of all I hate their crappy bandwagon fans, who never showed up when the team stunk but suddenly everyone in LA is wearing Clipper gear and the celebs are all over the courtside seats.   Used to be you would see a Clipper telecast, and the only celeb there would be Frankie Muniz or maybe Billy Crystal.  Screw those guys!

So now suddenly Sterling's garbage is in the news, and... dammit, I'm feeling bad for the Clippers.  I feel bad for Chris Paul and Blake Griffin.  I feel bad for their fans.   My finely honed edge of hatred is gone.  

Curse you Donald Sterling!!! 

• Like 1

Yeah, screw the Clippers.  But I like their color analyst for their TV crew.  That dude is good.  One of the best color guys in the NBA.

*parity

You're welcome my brother

:lol:  I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but that is a hilarious typo.

Also, how wide open is the West?

Remember when all the analysts said that the top four teams were a lock to advance in the first round?  This ended up being an exciting first round.  All of the WC teams I liked are either winning or at least tied.

LaMarcus Aldridge has gone full superstar this postseason.  Making me look smart for saying he was a better leader and easier to build a winner around than Kevin Love on RealGM.

Utah might have gone too young in their rebuild.

They could have traded up for Trey Burke and kept Jefferson and Millsap and had something ready to go very quickly.  Especially if they traded Kanter or Hayward or Favors to bring in a big time wing player.  Those are attractive trade assets.