Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Will be interesting to see how OKC deals with Tony Allen guarding KD going forward. If they'll tweak they're "offense" a bit to get him more comfortable looks. Allen's done a great job on KD. It's been what, 6 quarters of him guarding KD? And his numbers have taken a dip since then. You'd think they would have made an adjustment by now.

They don't match up well with San Antonio apparently.

They did a good job last night. But they also made a ton of mistakes that kept OKC in a game they shouldn't have been in at all. Struggling to get the ball inbounded? Chucking up a ridiculous cross court inbounds pass that Westbrook almost stole and dunked for the lead?

They're a great defensive team, but they aren't a great team overall and they struggle to run half decent offense. They successful playing a highly physical, Eastern conference style against soft West teams who are built to run and gun, get easily confused in the half court game, and don't play defense in return. I think it can work if they get a good seed in the early rounds like last year, but then they'll run up against one of two or three legit, well balanced contenders, and don't have the offensive capability to get the final push over the top. Reminds me of Chicago.

I think their size gives everyone fits, even San Antonio, but SA can counter that with their skill.  They are just more talented then the Grizz.  I've just noticed that the last couple of years, it seems no one wants to face Memphis.  You're right about them being a West team that plays like an East team.

So the concerns about the super freshmen not entering the draft have proven false. Parker, Wiggins, Embiid, and Randle have now all declared iirc. I think all of those players will be at least good players in the nba. Parker is likely the safest bet at an allstar. Wiggins has more upside but he seems to lack the "give me the ball" instinct which can't be taught. Embiid could be amazing... with raw centers you never really know with much certainty. Randle is under rated and is a but undersized in terms of height and reach but he's got post moves, and post moves don't requires massive size as much as technique and strength and a little junk yard dog attitude.

Some of them could end up in LA, Boston, or New York depending on how the lottery plays out. That's kind of crazy.

I'll post up the vid when I get home, but yall gotta see the defense Tony Allen played on Durant yesterday. 

It was fantastic defense. He did a great job of denying the ball to Durant. Durant still got like 35 points, but off of 28 shots. And he had to work hard for all his buckets.

Welp, my Dubs.   Let' s just pretend that yesterday never happened, ok?

Who knew that Dave Chappelle was a Clipper?

TVuEN8y.gif

The Warriors don't look right. Even in the game they won, something was off.

They're in a similar situation with Bogut as the Wizards with Nene. Absolutely reliant on an unreliable player for legitimacy.

I wasn't aware of how bad he was either until I watched the Harden defense video that was posted in this thread. I don't understand how he can absolutely fly to the basket on the offensive end and then look like he's trying to run in quicksand on the other end. Wild.

I don't think he's terribly fast. He rarely blows by anyone and relies on his ability to initiate contact to draw fouls and uses his strength to create space. I suspect that his conditioning is a little suspect too, he definitely rests on the defensive side of the ball and you can see him breathing heavy often.