Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

34 minutes ago, Destino said:

Jokic and Murray both end the game with 30 point triple doubles.  No way that’s ever happened in the finals.

I thought they said never in the regular season either. Jokic was gassed the last 5 minutes of the game as was Murray to a lesser extend. 

NBA TV is hammering this point right now: Jokic did a great job of punishing smaller players tonight. He made Miami pay for switching.  Every time they switched anyone onto him he bullied his way into the paint.  You can tell the old guys are very happy to see this kind of basketball return to the finals.  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

NBA TV is hammering this point right now: Jokic did a great job of punishing smaller players tonight. He made Miami pay for switching.  Every time they switched anyone onto him he bullied his way into the paint.  You can tell the old guys are very happy to see this kind of basketball return to the finals.  

Aaron Gordon has been doing the same, obviously less effectively. I love post play and fewer three point shots. 

44 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Aaron Gordon has been doing the same, obviously less effectively. I love post play and fewer three point shots. 

Not enough big guys on Miami to handle both. Gordon and Porter are outstanding complimentary pieces to this team.

Having so many rest days allows Malone to play Jokic and Murray 44 minutes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Destino said:

I really thought this was an epic flop by Jokic.. but look at both of his feet. Still a flop but I think the double trip surprised him while he was trying to exaggerate the contact.  lol

Honestly, sometimes I wonder how much people that talk about flopping a lot have really played sports.  You look at how his left knee starts to bend.  I am 100% of the time falling if that starts to happen (and have for decades now).  Because if you don't, it is easy to go from that position to a at least a sprained knee and maybe even some torn ligaments.  You feel that pressure on your knee, and you just go down.  You get in those situations a few times, and you learn the better thing is to just fall.

That's not a flop.   That's a protect my knee fall.

• Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Honestly, sometimes I wonder how much people that talk about flopping a lot have really played sports.  You look at how his left knee starts to bend.  I am 100% of the time falling if that starts to happen (and have for decades now).  Because if you don't, it is easy to go from that position to a at least a sprained knee and maybe even some torn ligaments.  You feel that pressure on your knee, and you just go down.  You get in those situations a few times, and you learn the better thing is to just fall.

I have the knees to prove I’ve played entirely too many sports! lol (almost entirely soccer and basketball, and very poorly)

He’s blatantly being tripped here but in sports, the way refs call games encourages players to exaggerate contact. They won’t call anything if you don’t. One very obvious spot for this in the nba is on rebounds. Guys are ready to hurl themselves forward when pushed because if they don’t, they will get pushed under the rim and the refs won’t do anything.  I think Jokic is doing this when he encounters the double trip move here and what would have been typical exaggerated contact, become a necessary dive to avoid a worse outcome.  

that is my very unqualified opinion.

52 minutes ago, Destino said:

I have the knees to prove I’ve played entirely too many sports! lol (almost entirely soccer and basketball, and very poorly)

He’s blatantly being tripped here but in sports, the way refs call games encourages players to exaggerate contact. They won’t call anything if you don’t. One very obvious spot for this in the nba is on rebounds. Guys are ready to hurl themselves forward when pushed because if they don’t, they will get pushed under the rim and the refs won’t do anything.  I think Jokic is doing this when he encounters the double trip move here and what would have been typical exaggerated contact, become a necessary dive to avoid a worse outcome.  

that is my very unqualified opinion.

When Gabe Vincent got fouled on his 3 last night, he exaggerated the **** out of the contact lol.  He was clearly fouled like from behind on his shoulder, but he looked like he got hit with a shotgun or something.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Knee is bending slightly inward, but most of the contact was from behind causing a natural bend of the knee. A common prank when I was a kid to push/kick that soft back of knee area causing your leg to bend at the knee and the person to lose balance.

Jokics knee bends but he regains his balance. The 3 players involved all have their limbs tangled and Jokic embellishes to try and get a call ie a flop.

He's been flopping most of these playoffs. Especially in the WCFs

Edited by CRobi21

58 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Knee is bending slightly inward, but most of the contact was from behind causing a natural bend of the knee. A common prank when I was a kid to push/kick that soft back of knee area causing your leg to bend at the knee and the person to lose balance.

Jokics knee bends but he regains his balance. The 3 players involved all have their limbs tangled and Jokic embellishes to try and get a call ie a flop.

He's been flopping most of these playoffs. Especially in the WCFs

That you are comparing have two 6 foot 200 pound men put their legs in front of you while they push you from the side/back causing your knee to involuntarily bend inwards with a slight twist to a high school prank of dead legging people tells me all that I need to know.

13 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

That you are comparing have two 6 foot 200 pound men put their legs in front of you while they push you from the side/back causing your knee to involuntarily bend inwards with a slight twist to a high school prank of dead legging people tells me all that I need to know.

Two 6 foot 200 pound men pushing from the side/back (that he absorbs just fine). But where is the bull that bucks him from behind that launches him into the air? 

It's a flop. Unnatural/embellished body movement in sports is the easiest thing to see. Unless you're a referee.

Edited by CRobi21

28 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah and many of them can’t be posted herr

Highly recommend reading. It’s great 

This should have happened after the finals.  This is exactly the sort of stuff that contributes to the nba having the best off-season in sports.  Hahaha

• Haha 1