Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Some of the criticisms about LeBron are laughable and wrong. Dude is a role model for all younger ballers and really for young people. 

I’m happy the lakers are out but what more do people want from the guy?

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Some of the criticisms about LeBron are laughable and wrong. Dude is a role model for all younger ballers and really for young people. 

I’m happy the lakers are out but what more do people want from the guy?

To go ahead and retire so we don't have to see ESPN stroke him off anymore and him flopping around like a damn fish on the court?

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Antithesis of an ultra competitor?? 

Whatever one thinks of Lebron, he is definitely not the antithesis of an ultra competitor. Dude has worked his ass off like crazy and carried crap rosters to the finals. He would be in the gym within days of a season ending, whether as a champion or not, spending countless millions on keeping himself in the best health/shape possible.

with respect to where he is - which is elite major professional sports player - yeah I can  put some people ahead of him. Like there’s an entire tier above him. 

but it’s like the 1% of the 1% of the 1%. 

24 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Anti-clutch?? You must be trolling or you aren’t really an NBA fan. 

In terms of GOAT - yes. 

I think this conversation gets ****ed up because it seems like you (general) paint me (general) into this corner of “you think lebron sucks at basketball”

to me the question is best viewed in some form of “who would you want in <situation>”. And I got a ways to go before Lebron James is the one I want on a lot of things. unless it’s barking at the ref or running around to each ref acting like something happened without his approval. 

:)

that said what he did this season was crazy impressive and I don’t think he’s to blame at all for how the season ended. I’d say AD and his baggage was probably the biggest issue because the two of them showing up should beat almost anyone, and James showed up. And he’s old so that’s crazy. 

I root against him because in the totality of his career he’s not the type of athlete I like. I’m not a fan of his. But he’s had an incredible career. 

36 minutes ago, Hersh said:

you aren’t really an NBA fan. 

Last point - the nba is rigged 

29 minutes ago, Destino said:

What is Miami doing that has so effectively weakened Tatum, Brown, and Smart?  I’m not seeing any special strategy, they’re just getting beat.

They have a coach 

• Haha 1

You disappointment me, Miami...good thing Boston is like .500 at home in the playoffs...but damn...

SMH GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Yea..there needs to be some balance and separation between what people don't like about LeBron and what he's actually good at...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

It's the douchebag part that has me :ols:

I swear the LeBron takes in here literally make me look like a fanboy by comparison

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

Antithesis of an ultra competitor?? 

Whatever one thinks of Lebron, he is definitely not the antithesis of an ultra competitor. Dude has worked his ass off like crazy and carried crap rosters to the finals. He would be in the gym within days of a season ending, whether as a champion or not, spending countless millions on keeping himself in the best health/shape possible.

I literally asked him why he said he was a douche and why he isn't an ultra competitor and his response was basically "if you know you know" lol.

Yeah okay lol.

• Haha 1

A list of players I’d rather watch play instead of LeBron, dedicated to the LeBoomers in this thread:

Michael Jordan

Wizards Michael Jordan

Magic Johnson

Larry Bird

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Wilt Chamberlain 

Bill Russell

Isiah Thomas

Isaiah Thomas

Kerry Kittles

Moses Malone

Karl Malone

Kevin McHale

Sidney Moncrief

Gary Payton

Shawn Kemp

Fat Shawn Kemp

Jack Sikma (pictured)

image.jpeg.e78cf7d903182f993672c5389602b3d9.jpeg

Bill Walton

Dominique Wilkins

Klay Thompson

Stephen Curry

Dell Curry

Tom Gugliotta

Shaquille O’Neal

Penny Hardaway

Steve Nash

World B. Free

Michael Olowokandi

Kevin Garnett

Hakeem Olajuwon

Clyde Drexler

Gary Payton

Dennis Rodman

Mark Eaton

Grant Hill

Alonzo Mourning

Larry Johnson

John Stockton

Bill Laimbeer

Hot Plate Williams

Hot Rod Williams

Bernard King

Andrew Toney

Julius Erving

Charles Barkley

Calbert Cheaney

Kevin Durant

Jason Kidd

Jamal Mashburn

Antoine Walker

Gilbert Arenas

Caron Butler

Antawn Jamison

Larry Hughes

Cherokee Parks

Bryant Reeves

Dennis Rodman

Scottie Pippen

Ledell Eackles

Not mentioned:

Russell Westbrook

Draymond Green

31 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I literally asked him why he said he was a douche and why he isn't an ultra competitor and his response was basically "if you know you know" lol.

Yeah okay lol.

In his prime, could play 1-4, played All Star quality at the 5 for the Lakers intermittently,  insane court vision/passing/playmaking ability, the likes of which is rarely seen.  Played elite, DPOY defense year in, year out. Great in the half court, nearly unstoppable on fast break and in the paint, added a 3 pt shot later, has a career PER behind only Michael Jordan and (surprisingly Joker) iirc.

Top 3 in career plus minus. One of the worst takes I've ever seen in thus thread. If this was Showtime At The Apollo, the Sandman would get on stage, and promptly collapse in disbelief

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

A list of players I’d rather watch play instead of LeBron, dedicated to the LeBoomers in this thread:

"Players I'd rather watch" Is an acceptable classification., tbh.

It's blatant subjectivity allows you to safely exhibit your own personal bias (and whatever causes you to add "Le" to everything).

Not really rooted in reality, and you aren't claiming that it is. That's fair 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's blatant subjectivity allows you to safely exhibit your own personal bias (and whatever causes you to add "Le" to everything).

Some of those on that list are real (Cherokee Parks) others are not (Julius Erving) so it’s up to you to decipher where I’m being serious and where I’m not. 

8 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I was a chubby tween back in the day so…THERE WILL BE NO LEDELL EACKLES SLANDER ON MY WATCH.

Ledell Eackles was a lot of fun!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Some of those on that list are real (Cherokee Parks) others are not (Julius Erving) so it’s up to you to decipher where I’m being serious and where I’m not. 

Meh, it's early. Gave it a turbo once-over. Looked legit enough 

tenor (22).gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Yeah okay lol.

Not what I said. 

what I said is some people see it and some people don’t. And if the ones that see it, some of them don’t care or think it doesn’t matter. 

I said it’s very subjective and there is no wrong answer. 

it’s like you’re completely unaware of the fact some things are subjective, or what subjective means. 

and for some reason it bothers you not everyone shares your opinion 😂 

51 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Is this current ECF the most realistic chance at a team coming back from 3-0 down that we’ve ever seen?

No, doc rivers isn’t coaching the Heat. 

but more seriously I’d be surprised if the Celtics coach is capable of stealing a series that started down 3 from Spoelstra baring some sort of serious injury to butler or something along those lines…

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The whole thing is subjective. No one is arguing he’s not great at basketball. Or that his statistics aren’t incredible. Or that his ability to play at this level at his current age is also incredible. 

For you youngsters, Ledell Eackles was an fun-to-watch 2nd rounder from UNO who carved out a 10 year career with the Bullets and the Heat.

He was a prototype SF “3&D” guy that was known for his clutchiness.  And, in his case, the D in 3&D sometimes stood for Duck a L’Orange…which is delicious.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

For you youngsters, Ledell Eackles was an fun-to-watch 2nd rounder from UNO who carved out a 10 year career with the Bullets and the Heat.

He was a prototype SF “3&D” guy that was known for his clutchiness.  And, in his case, the D in 3&D sometimes stood for Duck a L’Orange…which is delicious.

I remember a fair amount of the '93-'95 Heat, but ngl my mind blanks on him. Crazy talented roster that prob needed a bit of patience and better coaching, much like the '03-'04 Heat. But I'm not complaining, lol.