Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Likewise

but please, share an image of a hard foul to show me that defending was epic back then.

Of course. Ain’t nothing wrong with that. Find where I said something was. I never said Curry was a better offensive player than Jordan.

Curry’s off the ball play helps the Warriors offense and is a form of playmaking.

So it’s stupid that teams are so scared of a player that they trap him as soon as he crosses the three point line? This doesn’t even make sense lol. Imagine saying it’s not a big deal that teams are scared of you that they trap you 40 feet away from the basket lol.

And yea, Jordan didn’t grow up with a three-point line, that’s my point. That’s why I am not playing the hypothetical game. The three-point shot shows how impactful Curry is.

And lastly, Curry wasn’t leading the league in usage even during his MVP seasons when he was the only dominant perimeter scorer on the team. That’s entirely the point. And I never said Jordan didn’t get doubled, I asked you to cite an example of him getting doubled and tripled off the ball or trapped 40 feet away from the basket. I watched Gary Payton, Byron Russell, John Starks, etc 1v1 defend him. Shoot, the suns out Kevin Johnson on Jordan and let him go bananas while stymieing everyone else. 

Last time I'm gonna respond cause it's a waste of time when you decide you are right about something. What's stupid is you comparing Curry to Jordan and you clearly either not understanding or not willing to accept that different eras means different strategies and different rules. 

Teams didn't trap Jordan from 40 feet away cause Jordan wasn't a three point threat cause Jordan didn't grow up with the three point line. That wasn't a defense teams used on players back than because they weren't concerned with any player having range like that because of that era. Because teams do that to Curry now, in this era, doesn't equate to him being a more impactful offensive player than Jordan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

You guys are starting with too divisive a topic.  First reach a consensus on abortion and gun control, then work your way up to Jordan vs modern player debate. 👌

Jordan vs. anyone really is the abortion of sports debates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Last time I'm gonna respond cause it's a waste of time when you decide you are right about something. What's stupid is you comparing Curry to Jordan and you clearly either not understanding or not willing to accept that different eras means different strategies and different rules. 

Teams didn't trap Jordan from 40 feet away cause Jordan wasn't a three point threat cause Jordan didn't grow up with the three point line. That wasn't a defense teams used on players back than because they weren't concerned with any player having range like that because of that era. Because teams do that to Curry now, in this era, doesn't equate to him being a more impactful offensive player than Jordan. 

You are making my point for me. 

THAT MATTERS! You want to dismiss that as not a big deal. I am saying it is a big deal because it is a big deal. You read my post as me saying Curry is better than Jordan offensively when I never said that. I said Curry scares the crap out of defenses because of that three-point shot and warps defenses more than any player has, and that even includes Jordan.

Individually, Curry is not seeing Jordan offensively. Jordan can score in more ways and was Jordan. But Curry and that three-point shot impact the game more because teams have to account for that and him and do stupid stuff like trap him 40 feet from the basket or pay closer attention to him than Durant.

8 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Jordan vs. anyone really is the abortion of sports debates.

My comment isn't even dismissing Jordan. Thats why this is amazing to me. 

• Like 1

Siakim's decision making is so shaky.  He's going to have to play way better for Toronto to win this one.  I don't trust him with the ball right now, and his body language when he spots up in the corner is "don't pass it to me."

Curry and Draymond are trying to do a little too much so far.  Pushing the pace is the right call, but they're a little out of control.  They need to settle in and play  with more patience.