Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Also when has CP3 been considered the best on ball defender in the NBA?

Three dudes at Harvard just did a detailed study based on all of last years games, possessions and shots, and that was their conclusion.   Chris Paul was the best on the ball defender in the NBA last year.  James Harden was dead last.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1405.0231v2.pdf

It's better in regular speed.   Note all the Warriors players spontaneously falling off their chairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=16&v=XA3Y94CINZ0

This flop by CP360 from the same game is way more fascinating than the ankle break.

https://vine.co/v/OLxIW0A1ai5

Chris Paul is unbelievably annoying. 

Chris Paul definitely pisses me off.   His bull is so obvious.

Curry falls sideways when he takes a jumper and is closely guarded, but it's mostly because he is paranoid about coming down on someone's foot and ruining his ankles again.  Then he gets up and plays.  CP3 rolls around like you hit him with a howitzer, and then the replay shows the guy didn't even touch him.   He should be on the Italian national soccer team.

Here's another good one from last night.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/4/1/8324291/chris-paul-flops-at-marreese-speights-legs-right-after-he-dunked

Plus some all time favorites.  There are literally scores of examples.

http://fansided.com/2015/03/15/chris-paul-flops-wrong-direction-video/

Edited by Predicto

Paul is annoying but he's no Harden. I seriously loathe that guy. I hope the Rockets get destroyed in the playoffs. Harden MVP my rear. MVPs should actually play both sides of the ball. Harden couldn't guard me.

Paul is much worse than Harden (and I can't stand watching any game with Harden in it, it's ugly basketball).  

Paul flops.  Harden uses a flaw in the rules to force contact and draw fouls over and over, but he's not lying about getting hit.   It doesn't work if you don't fall for the bait and reach in on him.   Paul is flat out faking.  

Harden has been very good on defense this year, by the way.  He's my choice for MVP. 

Harden flops like a mad man. He certainly draws contact better than anyone but he doesn't let the absence of contact stop him from getting to the free throw line. He is one of the NBA's great actors.

CP3 is a flopper as well but he's also a bigger whiner (the Clippers all are) and he has a dirty streak Harden doesn't have.

Ok so what am I missing here? Why are the Blazers (48-26) in 4th when the Clippers (50-26) and Spurs (49-26) have better records/winning percentages?

The stupid ass division winner rule. If you win your division then you get a tiebreaker.

Portland has the Northwest division locked up while the Spurs and Rockets are behind Memphis in the Southwest

Same thing happening in the East. TOR won the ****ty ass Atlantic division so they have the tiebreaker over the Bulls despite the fact that the Bulls swept them

Basically if you win your division, you're assured at least the 4 seed

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

The stupid ass division winner rule. If you win your division then you get a tiebreaker.

Portland has the Northwest division locked up while the Spurs and Rockets are behind Memphis in the Southwest

Same thing happening in the East. TOR won the ****ty ass Atlantic division so they have the tiebreaker over the Bulls despite the fact that the Bulls swept them

Basically if you win your division, you're assured at least the 4 seed

Ah gotcha. I thought they did away with all that a few years ago.

Winning a division is so meaningless in the NBA, it's not like football where a third of your games are against your division. I couldn't name all the nba divisions much less who's in them.

I'd agree. With the season just about over, no one has played more than 16 games against their division opponents. 16 out of a possible 75 games for the Nuggest or 21% of their games have come against teams in their division.

Compare that to 37.5% for the NFL, 47% for MLB, 35% for NHL.

Edited by MattFancy

Three dudes at Harvard just did a detailed study based on all of last years games, possessions and shots, and that was their conclusion.   Chris Paul was the best on the ball defender in the NBA last year.  James Harden was dead last.

I can probably believe that about Harden, but I just can't believe it about CP3. Kawhi Leonard? Tony Allen?? Paul George??? There is just no way he's as good an on ball defender as those guys. They practically specialize in it.

Wizards fans, be gentle in the playoffs this time. At least let the series go to 6 so I feel better about myself

Honestly, in an ass backwards way, we want Toronto so that our coach might get fired. If we get the Bulls, we might win that series because of the match up issues for Chicago. If we win, we'll get destroyed by Atlanta. But a playoff series win probably means we're stuck with Wittman.

The fan base absolutely loathes Wittman. He's the worst coach in this postseason by far.

Worth noting that the Wizards have been playing terrible basketball since just before the AS break. The team is a hair from quitting on Wittman, the mojo isn't coming back. Chicago can beat us in a series this season.

And I want to throw in that I think doing away with conference seeding might be a good idea too. You might need to have East and West teams play each other more than twice to make it as fair as possible. And that could really make travel hell. But I kind of like the idea of an NCAA-style bracket for the NBA playoffs. It'd be more dynamic. 1 vs 16. No bias for conference. And you'd get a much better chance of having the two best teams in the league face each other in the Finals. Bad for the league when you've got a situation where some also-ran from the East is the sacrificial lamb for the team that made it through the West.

I agree with seeding teams from 1-8 based on records and not worrying about the division winners, but I've been hearing rumblings about 1-16 regardless of conference.  I'd be against that. If that is the way it ends up, just put them 1-30 in order, scrap the divisions and the conferences all together in the regular season.  Make it look like a soccer league. Is that how you want it to be?

But, how would you do the schedule?  How would like time rivals like the Celtics and Knicks play each other? I still like the conference set up and it's my prediction that the conferences will eventually balance themselves out or go back to the East. If you look at the NFL, the NFC dominated the 80s and first part of the 90s, but the AFC came back in the late 90s and most of the 00s. It will even back up. Give it time.

You can't make this up...

Injured New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony hasn’t been seen on the bench next to his teammates in part because he is afraid of getting injured again by a hustling player who could run into him, according to Marc Berman of the New York Post.

Report: Carmelo Anthony afraid of getting injured on Knicks bench