Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Ray Allen would give us an elite bench…Elite.

It would be extremely difficult to let anyone go to bring in Ray. Maybe Gooden would be that guy? He hasnt been great this year. Serviceable here and there. Blair is Gortat/Seraphin insurance. Butler is in the zone and Temple is insurance on Wall and Beal. Rice is cheap young talent that you gotta keep around.

Who throws a shoe? Honestly.

Everyone. You don't?

The interesting part is that Chandlers brain activates his basketball defense mode. His knees bend, arms go out, and he deftly hops over and swats that crap out of bounds. Reminds me of those old movie jokes where Vietnam vets suffer flashbacks in suburbia.

Edited by Destino

Pistons/Kings the only game on now. Would you watch the Pistons telecast or Sactown's? Watching Detroit now. 4 mins left in the half. Unless I get a solid recommendation one way or the other, think I'm just going to go back and forth between the two.

I've always said I love the Pass just because it let's me hear other local broadcasts. Makes me appreciate Buck and Phil that much more. Maybe I'm just biased but I honestly think they're the best in the biz, bar none. We really are blessed.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Currently watching the Detroit broadcast, wanted to see who their play by play and color guy were. Maybe it's just me and I'm being a snob or something, but found this part in play-by-play dudes bio funny:

The “Voice of the Pistons” is the longest tenured play-by-play announcer in the State of Michigan.

The honor, the greatness, the legacy.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/multimedia/radio_television_announcers.html

Nice to see Mateen Cleves is still alive though (analyst in the studio).

It's so enlightening watching talented cluster**** teams like the Pistons. Makes you appreciate the Wizards that much more (and a vast majority of the credit goes to John Wall, if not all of it. Damn shame stats can't tell the full story and his greatness isn't more universally recognized).

Edit: perfect example of what I'm talking about. Monroe vs McLemore on a jump ball. Monroe obviously, easily wins it...and smacks the ball straight out of bounds. Not sure I've ever seen that before. Their games are just filled with things that just make you shake your head.

Van Gundy has his work cut out for him. Gonna be real interesting to see what he does.)

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Pistons/Kings the only game on now. Would you watch the Pistons telecast or Sactown's? Watching Detroit now. 4 mins left in the half. Unless I get a solid recommendation one way or the other, think I'm just going to go back and forth between the two.

I've always said I love the Pass just because it let's me hear other local broadcasts. Makes me appreciate Buck and Phil that much more. Maybe I'm just biased but I honestly think they're the best in the biz, bar none. We really are blessed.

Buck is the best play by play guy by a mile IMO. I love Phil, but there are some other really good color guys in his class. I like Toronto's color guy, he's really sharp and sounds like he could go into coaching. And I know a lot of people can't stand him, but I love Clyde for the Knicks. Maybe you have to take him in infrequent doses, but to me, he's just pure old school cool 70's NBA. He's not a homer, he's a true basketball lover and his rhyming metaphors make me happy.

OKC has the worst broadcast team IMO. They're unbearable.

I filled out an AS game ballot and the West is really tough in the front court spot. I have to vote for Davis and Gasol. But damned if there aren't some worthy bigs in play, and we're kind of supposed to come up with a SF or else that starting unit is going to be a Franken-lineup. Whatever, let Steve Kerr figure that out. I went Aldridge over Duncan and Dirk because his volume of production has been better and his team is slightly better.

The guard spot... not as tough. Ain't no way I'll ever vote for a couple of ****es like CP3 and Harden so I didn't have any problem picking Curry and Lillard. The only slight difficulty was do I go Lillard or Thompson? Both deserve it, but Lillard a little more so.

The East is depressing knowing that Rose and Wade are going to be the least deserving players on the team and they'll be voted in as the starters. Most deserving guards are Wall, Lowry, and Butler, and it'll be hard for them to all make the team.

Annnnd they lost, 111-106. Maybe we exposed something?

Speed and length are their weaknesses. Easy to forget that Blake Griffin and CP3 are undersized players. And they're a fast break reliant team that isn't actually that fast. Blake is comically bad at trying to finish inside against length. He's a face up player and a dunker with absolutely zero touch or low post creativity. He's soft too.

I overestimated that team. CP3 is quietly declining and struggles against athletic PGs with size. They're completely reliant on DeAndre Jordan to carry all of the defensive load. If they run into a team that actually wants to play hard defense then they wilt. If their fast break game and free flowing offense breaks down all they've got is their usual tricky BS to get the refs in their pockets. That well runs dry in the playoffs.

Yeah the Bulls smacked the clippers in LA a few weeks back with no Rose or Gasol. That's when I knew, they weren't real. CP3 is slowing down and they really need help on the wing.

Also, I really doubt Rose is voted on the team. At this point, I don't think he's very popular with fans. Now if he starts scoring 31 more regularly...

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93