Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

**** Clay Travis.  Trump chugging piece of garbage.

That dude is racist.

the term owner is as innocuous as it gets. I got news for you, this website has an owner. 😮

Edited by ixcuincle

Just now, ixcuincle said:

the term owner is as innocuous as it gets. I got news for you, this website has an owner. 😮

And I've got news for you, Clay Travis is a racist, race-baiting piece of crap.  He doesn't know anything about the NBA.  He's not a fan at all, he's just using this issue to rile up his audience of Trump loving dickheads and say "See, look what the n****** in the NBA are doing now, they'll ruin this country if we let them."  He is a gross political animal with a right wing propaganda radio show thinly disguised as a sports show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

He created the modern NBA

He isn't great with Xs and Os but his philosophy lead to a change in the NBA. Also I don't think the Rockets play the way he wants.

He has coached hyped up teams that never live up to the hype and always disappoint. Also his Knicks and Lakers teams were terrible. 

He'll get you to the playoffs but won't win you series. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

**** Clay Travis.  Trump chugging piece of garbage.

That dude is racist.

True.  Can’t stand Clay Travis and really, even if you stripped away the race baiting, he’d still be an unbearable douche.

That said, it’s funny that someone who argued the word owner needed to go, would then include it in their own bio.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Not really.  I’ve been the co-owner of a car dealership for 10 years and I never publicly talk about my “ownership” or allow people to brand me as such.  Nor do I ever refer to my crew as “employees”...it’s always “coworkers” or “associates”.

Furthermore, to assert that the term “owner” and, by extension, “owned” is innocuous is laughable.  It carries a lot a weight in the terms of a business arrangement.  Any business owner can and should echo my position.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Destino said:

True.  Can’t stand Clay Travis and really, even if you stripped away the race baiting, he’d still be an unbearable douche.

That said, it’s funny that someone who argued the word owner needed to go, would then include it in their own bio.  

I haven't seen Draymond's argument, but I would guess that he would make a distinction between a business whose product is a good like a nutritional supplement, and a business whose products are entertainers/sportsmen.

But Draymond isn't the one making this change, it's some NBA owners themselves.  And my take is they have the right to give themselves pretty much any title they want.  That's not the narrative Clay Travis was selling to his Trump supporter audience.  It was basically that the NBA, led by black players, were overstepping their place.  He doesn't say that explicitly, but that's his message.  Instead it's all, "I'm a lawyer, they're stupid for not knowing the legal definition of ownership in the business context, this is more proof that America is on the wrong track, this is why Trump got elected, yadda yadda yah."   All the right wing radio hack hits.  It's clear that he knows nothing about the NBA or its culture, doesn't care about it at all, and only wants to use it to race bait and get attention.

I have the misfortune of him being one of two morning drive time sports radio shows in my city.  Every once in a while I get curious and switch it to Fox Sports to peer under the rock.  Always come away regretting it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Not really.  I’ve been the co-owner of a car dealership for 10 years and I never publicly talk about my “ownership” or allow people to brand me as such.  Nor do I ever refer to my crew as “employees”...it’s always “coworkers” or “associates”.

Furthermore, to assert that the term “owner” and, by extension, “owned” is innocuous is laughable.  It carries a lot a weight in the terms of a business arrangement.  Any business owner can and should echo my position.

completely baffled that we cannot use the term employees or owner anymore. this old fart here don't like it one bit.  

4 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Talk is Rockets want Butler in a sign and trade.

Wizards get Capella, Gordon, and two future Rockets 1st round picks.

Sixers get Beal.

Rockets get Butler

Yay or nay?

Get another first from the Sixers.  Maybe two firsts...

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

Talk is Rockets want Butler in a sign and trade.

Wizards get Capella, Gordon, and two future Rockets 1st round picks.

Sixers get Beal.

Rockets get Butler

Yay or nay?

Nay.  That rockets team would easily win 50 games making those first round picks like in the high 20's and the trade would signal a total rebuild.  Picks that late aren't great. 

If we trade Beal it should be for a high upside younger player.  Start the rebuild immediately. 

• Like 2