Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

When did we start listing things we’re hating?  

I'm going to enjoy the Celtics and hate them at the same time.  I like the players they have on that team and my love for the game makes me want to see what they can do together.  But when they play the Wizards all that happy stuff can take a seat, because I want Beal and Wall to hurt their feelings. 

Things to hate, in no particular order

- Melo and CP3 for clutching his pearls over the “disrespect” directed at Melo.

- The absurd amount of attention the lakers will get now the media’s favorite player has joined the media’s favorite team.  

- Marcus Smart

- Wiggins, KAT, and the Timber-Millennials 

- Ernie Grunfeld

- Scott Brooks 

- Ben Simmons jumpshot.

- Kyle Lowry

- Screaming angry man and perpetual victim, Draymond Green.

- Embiids conditioning

- Questions about Lebron’s role as a father figure.

- miraculously healthy Kawhi Leonard.

• Haha 1

I think the Celtics have a really good shot. I might even pick them to beat the Warriors. You guys act like they’re invincible and they aren’t. The Brad Stevens Celtics have always given them fits. They are long, athletic, hungry, extremely well coached and deep. 

I know somewhere McQueen suddenly screams aloud, his attention immediately directed to this thread like Sauron when someone wears the One Ring. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think the Celtics have a really good shot. I might even pick them to beat the Warriors. You guys act like they’re invincible and they aren’t. The Brad Stevens Celtics have always given them fits. They are long, athletic, hungry, extremely well coached and deep. 

I know somewhere McQueen suddenly screams aloud, his attention immediately directed to this thread like Sauron when someone wears the One Ring. 

If the Celtics and Warriors get the finals fully healthy I think the series would be interesting.  They're both excellently coached.  The warriors have two MVPs, so they clearly have the better top end talent.  The Celtics have more players that can create their own shot though, and can defend the perimeter very well.  All things equal I think the Warriors win, but it would be a fun series. 

I'm not sure I like the odds of both teams getting to the finals fully healthy.  Injuries too often play a role to assume they won't this season.  Just look at last season, CP3's injury seemed to save the Warriors.  The warriors could have been derailed themselves if Curry's injury had taken a few more weeks to come back from.  Remember, he missed the first round of the playoffs.  I doubt Lebron gets to the finals if the Celtics had Hayward, because they couldn't buy a bucket on the road and a veteran allstar certainly helps with that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Gets beat by LeBron and LeBron gets swept. Nope Celtics ain’t got enough fire power. 

Boston played very well.  Their defense was suffocating.  Philly is not ready for the big time yet.  Boston is having their way with them on these switches and it was an ugly game for Embiid.

Boston is as good as advertised but I think Philly has been overrated going into this season.  They're still a year or two away from being a contender.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

lol Embiid just got clowned by Jalen Brown.

It looked like it live, but that ball was deflected and lucked its way in.  Blake Griffin may have forced us to pretend throwing the ball into the basket counts as a dunk, but I'm not accepting a ball that banks in as dunking on someone.  

• Like 1

Ben Simmons is so damn good though.  That's the thing that scares me the most about Philly.  He's going to get a pull up jumper and he will be impossible to deal with once he has it.  He'll be competing with Giannis for best player in the conference status.

Terry Rozier looks like a strong contender for 6MOY.  He's as good as Dennis Schroeder.

Yeah, that's not a dunk.  That's dumb luck.  There is no way that Brown meant for that ball to off the backboard.  Embiid completely changed the direction of the ball.

Sixers cannot shoot.  To me, Simmons is part of the problem.  He can't shoot.  He doesn't want to get fouled so doesn't finish hard at the rim and allows the defense to collapse in, but won't go hard at the rim even if they are under the basket.  He's got to shoot just so he gets better at shooting.

Embiid isn't the smartest player, but he also shouldn't be handling the ball 18+ feet from the basket as much as he does.  You have to remember, he hasn't played basketball for that long, and they ask way too much of him given his experience (because as a team, they can't shoot).

Fultz looks like a bust.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Ben Simmons is so damn good though.  That's the thing that scares me the most about Philly.  He's going to get a pull up jumper and he will be impossible to deal with once he has it.  He'll be competing with Giannis for best player in the conference status.

I'm not sure shooters that bad can ever become good shooters off the dribble.  Ben Simmons can't shoot from anywhere at all.  He's even a bad free throw shooter.  Usually spot up shots come before that in shot development.  Maybe a pick n pop mid range shot? 

Tatum looks like a future scoring champ.  He's got a bag of tricks a mile deep. 

• Like 1

They should be able to run Embiid in pick and roll all night long and kill teams, but they can't because nobody respects anybody else that can handle the ball at all as a shooter.

(Well, the person to play would be McConnell, but starting TJ McConnell as a PG when you have two high picks spent on players that are supposed to be a PG and a combo guard is a hard sell.)

Embiid ends up looking bad because he ends up doing things he shouldn't have to do because Simmons can't/won't shoot, including putting himself into positions where he might have to shoot FTs.

Edited by PeterMP

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

I'm not sure shooters that bad can ever become good shooters off the dribble.  Ben Simmons can't shoot from anywhere at all.  He's even a bad free throw shooter.  Usually spot up shots come before that in shot development.  Maybe a pick n pop mid range shot? 

Tatum looks like a future scoring champ.  He's got a bag of tricks a mile deep.  

Blue chippers like him always learn to shoot.  He'll develop an off the dribble game from mid range.  Giannis couldn't shoot at all either and he has steadily improved to the point he is now a threat from mid range and the three point line off the dribble.  He's a similar force of nature on defense and finishing inside but he's a better ball handler and passer than Giannis was in his first few seasons.

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If any team can do it, its them.  They are extremely well coached, have the overall talent to create their own mismatches, and have Kyrie so when all else fails they can say "go be Kyrie".  Until I see a fully healthy Cousins, I'm not buying it nor a all-star starting 5 (they may have all gone, but that doesn't mean they are all going)

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

The Lakers will lose at most 6 games all season to the East. None to teams South of Philly. 

Severally underestimating my boys, but until Dwight can show he's healthy and can stay healthy, and I can only expect skepticism.  Wizards are criminally underrated because they criminally underperformed last year, brought it on themselves.