Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Bacarri Rambo

RemoveSnyder

If you watch his highlight videos, you can tell he'll fit in perfectly with this defense. If he's not getting an interception, he's trying to strip the ball away from a runner. Remind you of anyone?

The problem is that the runner is 10 yds. down the field. Get the runner on the ground. Time and a place for trying to strip.

Exactly. I don't want to see what guys do against scrub programs teams that only produce UDFA. Show me what they do against the best. That should be your bar, not some well produced highlight reel where, thanks to the world of editing, anyone can look like a starter.

It's funny how you keep ignoring all evidence that proves you're completely wrong in your evaluation of the Bama tape.

I keep hearing about this Alabama game like Rambo was laughed off the field. I finally got around to watching it and while there is certainly some bad there is a lot of good tape there. You'll see why he wasn't a first round pick but nothing there is standing out to me as a guy that doesn't have the tools to succeed or can't be developed. So many people hated that Landry was a human missile that never wrapped up, now we have criticisms of a prospect for not being physical because he actually wraps up.

Watched the Alabama Game. All i saw was a FS playing centerfield. Hes not an in-the-box saftey, but he does wrap up when he tackles. He was the last line of defense a few times in that game and was the one who made the tackle on Lacy. He is def better suited to play FS.

People seem to have issues thinking critically when it comes to this guy... Football is a team sport. Alabama was/is a beast of a team and it would take a great team effort to beat them. Rambo did have a couple plays where he took bad angles, but overall, he did his job as the last line of defense. He also demonstrated good football instincts and made good breaks on the ball; Some even before the ball was released. He's got a little bit of gambler in him, but it didn't appear to be reckless. He does wrap up on tackles, but tends to tackle kind of high which is why the running back was able to drag him for 2-3 more yards a couple of times. It's difficult to tell if it's just bad form or if it's by design as he does actively try to strip the ball. Any which way you look at it, he was a nice pickup, especially when we only gave up a 6th.

It's funny how you keep ignoring all evidence that proves you're completely wrong in your evaluation of the Bama tape.

I'll take that criticism into consideration. Maybe I'm looking at the negatives, I guess I'm curious why a Safety the skins fans were so high about, drops to the 6th. I trust the evaluators opinions and there has to be other reasons than character. Lawrence Phillips makes our draft class look like the Brady bunch

This year's draft was unusual in that the bulk of the talent was spread out more evenly through the middle rounds, any one prospect being chosen lower than predicted was not a question of their talent or worth, there was just a lot more competition after the few top tier picks went off the board. In other years Rambo would have gone much sooner. The starts aligned for us, this was THE year to miss out on a 1st, we got genuine value here.

If either Thomas or Rambo pan out, we got a critical piece for our D, if both do, we hit the lottery.

P He does wrap up on tackles, but tends to tackle kind of high which is why the running back was able to drag him for 2-3 more yards a couple of times. It's difficult to tell if it's just bad form or if it's by design as he does actively try to strip the ball.

Ask LaRon what happens is you try to tackle a NFL RB high. :P

Washington+Redskins+v+New+York+Giants+Ka5DyIYlaX7l.jpg

This year's draft was unusual in that the bulk of the talent was spread out more evenly through the middle rounds, any one prospect being chosen lower than predicted was not a question of their talent or worth, there was just a lot more competition after the few top tier picks went off the board. In other years Rambo would have gone much sooner. The starts aligned for us, this was THE year to miss out on a 1st, we got genuine value here.

If either Thomas or Rambo pan out, we got a critical piece for our D, if both do, we hit the lottery.

I agree with this. Not to mention many of the higher picks were combine warriors and they stock kind of rose in the past 6 months. Take our first pick

Amerson for example. if this kid had the season he had the year before he goes top 15 for sure. Same with Thomas probably.

what makes our draft super exciting is how well Rambo, Amerson and Thomas accept NFL coaching. if they do well there I think we are going to be looking at this draft as one of our best if not the best ever.

After watching some film on this guy, he does seem to tackle a bit high, but hopefully he can correct that, he seems to have pretty good ability of making a play on the ball and seems to be fearless across the middle. I think this guy is gonna be pretty awesome.

New on the club level this coming season, ****tail made w/ cranberry juice, 151 and a twist of pineapple- not too big, burgundy n gold, knocks you on your ass, The Bacardi Rambo :ols:

We need to come up with one called the "Forced Fumble."

You got to figure out what's in it ... Go.

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the discussion on Rambo when it came around the first time, and I didn't want to start a new thread.

But, I think it should be said that just because a player falls in the draft, especially a draft that was considered deep at Safety, doesn't in any mean they're a bad player.

First things first. Why did Rambo fall? Impossible to say for sure.

But, it was probably a combination of several factors.

Everything I'm saying is comparative to the other top Safeties in this class.

Bacarri is not a 'measurables' guy i.e. height/weight/speed/combine test numbers.

He didn't perform at the combine and his official 40 time is still unknown.

03/28/2013 - 2013 Georgia Pro Day: Representatives from all 32 NFL teams gathered at Georgia's pro day on Thursday for a workout held outdoors on FieldTurf in approximately 40-degree temperatures. Bacarri Rambo, SS (6-0 3/8, 209) - Rambo ran the 40 in 4.64 and 4.66 seconds. He had a 34-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-9 broad jump. He ran the short shuttle in 4.31 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.94 seconds. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/archive/1632077
Rambo’s 4.59 40-yard dash would have been just outside the top 10 among safeties at the Combine. His 17 bench reps already placed him in the top 10 and his vertical and broad jumps were just outside the top 15 of safeties. Rambo wasn’t overly impressive, but his speed and instincts in the defensive backfield still shone through on Thursday and he’ll maintain his draft stock.
http://www.redandblack.com/sports/winners-and-losers-from-georgia-s-pro-day/article_72766e78-9287-11e2-a891-0019bb30f31a.html

Rambo is somewhere in the 4.59-4.66 range but then again pro-bowl/all-pro SAFJarius Byrd is only 4.68 guy.

Speed doesn't matter if a guy can play, but speed matters when ranking players compartively in the pre-draft process.

Also, there is the recent fascination with versatility at the SAF position.

Rambo played almost exclusively as a Cover 1/Cover 3 center field FS.

But, thankfully for us that fits our scheme exactly (unless Haslett/Morris plan a major scheme change) we play a lot of single high FS.

So, while Rambo's lack of scheme diversity might lower his draft status for many teams it makes him a better fit for our system, especially since center field FS are hard to find.

It should be mentioned here that when it comes to scheme fit:Rambo played under DC Kirk Olivadotti, former LB coach for the Redskins.

Then there is the off the field stuff.

In a nutshell of how/why Rambo may have 'fell':

Average measurables

Lack of scheme diversity

Off the field stuff

---------- Post added May-13th-2013 at 02:11 PM ----------

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/bacarri-rambo?id=2539234

"Rambo is a good tackler with top-notch ball skills -- he had eight interceptions in 2011." -- Gil Brandt

Overview

He started his Georgia career on the scout team, playing quarterback at times to replicate of the option looks the team saw and take advantage of his high school experience in that offense. He shared the team’s Newcomer of the Year on defense in 2009, making 25 tackles and intercepting two passes in 11 games as a reserve. He also blocked a punt in the Independence Bowl against Texas A&M. He stepped into the starting line-up for every game as a sophomore, posting 82 tackles, five for loss and three interceptions. His junior season was filled with great ups and downs, including one of each happening within three days of each other during the 2011 season. In late September, his son was delivered stillborn about 10 days before the due date. He decided to play through the grief, and wound up intercepting two passes in a 27-13 win at Ole Miss. Rambo dedicated that game, and the rest of his Associated Press first-team All-American and consensus first-team All-SEC junior season (eight interceptions, eight pass break-ups), to Braylin, the son he never got to know.

Rambo’s senior season did not get off to a great start. He started off the season suspended for failing a drug test. However, in the 10 games that he did play, Rambo made an impact. He totaled 73 tackles, intercepted 3 passes, and forced 3 fumbles. Even though his suspension shortened his season, Rambo was still named to the All-SEC second-team.

Analysis

Strengths

Possesses the combination of overall strength (befitting a last name mimicking the fictitious role played by Sylvester Stallone) and agility to fill multiple roles on defense. Consistently reads routes and the quarterback’s eyes well, flows with plays from the deep half and breaks on the ball quickly. His strong hands can snatch 50/50 and jump ball passes away from receivers, and is willing to throw his shoulder into receivers over the middle to separate the ball. Effective cut tackler at the second level, also changes directions quickly to wrap up running backs making a quick cut. Good effort, upper body strength to ride receivers and backs with a full head of steam to the ground or sideline. Moves well with receivers downfield, can take away deep options and limit yards after the catch.

Weaknesses

Read-and-react skills, angles to the ball and his ability to break down quickly are inconsistent, and will be eluded by quicker ballcarriers at the next level. Physical receivers can also block him effectively in the run game. Off-field troubles are a problem: suspended for the first game of his junior season, and served another suspension to begin his senior year due to failed drug tests, both from supposed inadvertent ingestion of marijuana.

Bottom Line

Possesses the size, athletic skill set, and playmaking ability to become a starter at the next level. However, multiple suspensions for violating team rules might hurt his draft stock.

Archived