Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Bacarri Rambo

RemoveSnyder

Rambo_2-Bandana.jpg

One of the guys I really wanted on this team. Welcome to the Skins, Bacarri.

Few players could spark debate in the months leading up to the draft like Rambo. Love his playmaking, instincts and ability to cause turnovers or critique his tackling (which I believed unfounded) or critique his measurables, generally speaking, you were on one side of the fence or the other when it came to Bacarri Rambo.

This thread however is a celebration of Rambo and a welcoming to the Redskins. He'll come in a natural Cover 1/3 FS and compete at safety, which is wide open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Ut7al7UE8

Seize the day Mr. Rambo!

Bacarri Rambo vs Alabama 2012

rambov.png

draft-Bacarri_Rambo.jpg

Rambo-450x306.jpg

---------- Post added April-27th-2013 at 10:33 PM ----------

Hopefully he can lay off rippin bingers and play some football.

I could give you the whole history and timeline' date=' I've previously documented it throughout the Comprehensive (September-18th-2012 09:42 PM).

And yes that Georgia program was wild, however you need to understand that the man lost a child, his son, to stillbirth. That coincided with the transgressions. So ...

While I want to get excited about the kid, the video of the bama game is more telling to me of his talents than the highlight reel of his best plays. Yes he had a couple of good hits, one against Cooper, but Cooper got the better of him on a couple of plays. He was VERY late on a couple bombs that made him look like a street FA. And he didn't seem to want any part of tackling Eddie Lacy until he had to chase him from behind. I hope he pans out though, but everyone ripped Manti Te'o for his bad game vs Bama, Rambo didn't exactly blow me away in his game either. Just saying.

I thought I saw him as a late first maybe mid second rounder in some analysts draft....why did he fall so far? Not that I'm complaining....

---------- Post added April-27th-2013 at 10:20 PM ----------

While I want to get excited about the kid, the video of the bama game is more telling to me of his talents than the highlight reel of his best plays. Yes he had a couple of good hits, one against Cooper, but Cooper got the better of him on a couple of plays. He was VERY late on a couple bombs that made him look like a street FA. And he didn't seem to want any part of tackling Eddie Lacy until he had to chase him from behind. I hope he pans out though, but everyone ripped Manti Te'o for his bad game vs Bama, Rambo didn't exactly blow me away in his game either. Just saying.

every player who has ever played has had a bad game or two.

every player who has ever played has had a bad game or two.

I'm relatively sure he said the same thing in the draft database thread, and I'm pretty sure Monk explained to him why he was wrong, and then I explained it a little bit more forcefully.

Fixed that for you

Yeah, if every player who had a bad game against Bama got beat up by the scouts, the only players ever drafted would be Bama players.

Welcome to the Redskins Rambo. We've got a nice big gaping hole in our secondary for you and Phillip to fight over.

I had watched a fair amount of Rambo tape from 2012, but I saw little of his 2011, and I'm surprised he had 8 INTs at 16 PDs. I had not noticed that, or if I did, it slipped my mind. If he plays to his potential, I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting out there this year.

The FO likes to think it can get the best out of our drafted players. Well when our three secondary guys we drafted were at their best (2011 Rambo and Amerson, 2012 Thomas), they combined for 29 INTs, and 45 passes defended. Just what the doctor ordered.

Watching the game to,he took a lot of bad angles trying to tackle Lacy.I was surprised he was able to turn the corner on Rambo.Hope some NFL coaching can improve that.

Not enough Rambo love in this thread. . Dude is the prototypical center field type FS, probably the best one in this draft. Glad we got him after all even though we got P. Thomas. It should be an interesting battle at FS between Rambo, Phillip and Ward. Let the best man win! HTTR

I thought I saw him as a late first maybe mid second rounder in some analysts draft....why did he fall so far? Not that I'm complaining.....

Well first it shows how much faith you should put into most draft analysis - they really don't have the access to the players the NFL teams have (or the talent evaluation ability) to really know how NFL teams are going to grade players. But the drugs flags will have hurt his stock some - still I'm surprised he fell this far and delighted we got him this low.

Well first it shows how much faith you should put into most draft analysis - they really don't have the access to the players the NFL teams have (or the talent evaluation ability) to really know how NFL teams are going to grade players. But the drugs flags will have hurt his stock some - still I'm surprised he fell this far and delighted we got him this low.

More than a few guys had bizarre falls in this draft.

I mean, yeah, he had a four game suspension and the drug test thing, but Tyrann Mathieu had all those red flags and more and he went in the third. It was, to say the very least, INSANE value for Rambo to still be there in the sixth.

Rambo is a perfect system fit for us. Maybe some teams knocked him for mainly being a Cover 1, Cover 3, single-high type safety. Honestly, I don't know. Like, at all.

All I know is he's going to play with a giant chip on his shoulder and I love it.

More than a few guys had bizarre falls in this draft.

I mean, yeah, he had a four game suspension and the drug test thing, but Tyrann Mathieu had all those red flags and more and he went in the third. It was, to say the very least, INSANE value for Rambo to still be there in the sixth.

I think a lot of the GMs and analysts over think a lot of this stuff. There is so much information and "noise" going around on all these players that things get overly complicated. It really boils down to "is this guy a good football player?", but they window dress it with so much crap that it seems to get lost in the shuffle.

I think we drafted a lot of good football players, and that certainly includes Rambo. How he fell to the 6th round is nothing short of an absurdity, and we are damn lucky to have been there with a net to scoop him up. Welcome aboard, Rambo.

No, it shows nothing about draft analysis. It shows he is talented but a knucklehead who couldn't layoff the weed.

He dropped because teams were concerned he couldn't layoff the weed which = SUSPENSION, not allowed to play.

A player suspended has no value.

I hope the kid grew up as a result.

I think we drafted a lot of good football players, and that certainly includes Rambo. How he fell to the 6th round is nothing short of an absurdity, and we are damn lucky to have been there with a net to scoop him up. Welcome aboard, Rambo.

Couldn't of said it any better. A lot of us wanted this guy and if he fell to third we would of been lucky! Heck, some even questioned the Jordan Reed pick because Thomas, D. Williams and Rambo were still there, but we got him, P.Thomas and Rambo are you kidding me? HAIL and welcome RAMBO!!!!

No, it shows nothing about draft analysis. It shows he is talented but a knucklehead who couldn't layoff the weed.

He dropped because teams were concerned he couldn't layoff the weed which = SUSPENSION, not allowed to play.

Which didn't stop Tyrann, who failed over ten drug test, was kicked off his football team, went to rehab, got arrested for weed after rehab, and didn't play football in 2012. from getting drafted 122 picks ahead of Rambo.

So the draft analysts don't factor that stuff into their thinking and grades? Of course they do.

---------- Post added April-28th-2013 at 03:42 AM ----------

Which didn't stop Tyrann, who failed over ten drug test, was kicked off his football team, went to rehab, got arrested for weed after rehab, and didn't play football in 2012. from getting drafted 122 picks ahead of Rambo.

I'm so pleased we did not draft that guy, certainly as high as he went.

I think Rambo's fall had more to do with where he fits in the scheme than his drug problems. Lots of players this year DIDN'T fall due to drugs and other problems, Hopkins smeared poop all over his combine hotel room and still went in the 1st, Christine Michael slept through combine meetings and fought with teammates and went in the 2nd, Damontre Moore had weed problems and dropped maybe one round, and of course Tyrann went in the 3rd despite supporting the marijuana market around the LSU campus by himself.

Rambo fits nicely as a single high cover 1, or cover 3, and a lot of teams likely wanted someone a little different schematically. Most of safeties taken before Rambo were SS or SS/FS versatile players, so it's possible that they just wanted something a little different than Rambo.

His suspension is something to keep an eye on, but it's not hugely special.

Archived