Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Bacarri Rambo

RemoveSnyder

He's on the sportsfix right now. Sounds like a laid back mother ****er... typical SEC banger. So happy with this pick.

He just said that when in Panama City for Spring Break he went to bed early and woke up in the morning and ate a bunch of brownies not knowing they were those special brownies. I seriously doubt that is what occurred. I hope he can stay out of trouble and make an impact for us at FS.

He just said that when in Panama City for Spring Break he went to bed early and woke up in the morning and ate a bunch of brownies not knowing they were those special brownies. I seriously doubt that is what occurred. I hope he can stay out of trouble and make an impact for us at FS.

Sounds a little fishy to me. I hope he can stay out of trouble as well. He has alot of talent and selecting him in the 6th wasn't as big a gamble.

Yeah, I was thinking "Come on, dude"

Then again, I wasn't expecting Kevin to ask about that. I wanted to her him talk more about scheme and what he needs to work on. You know, football stuff. Amerson did that right away on Friday. Talked about sitting on the routes and gambling too much.

Sounds a little fishy to me. I hope he can stay out of trouble as well. He has alot of talent and selecting him in the 6th wasn't as big a gamble.

I just had my first Panama City experience a few weeks back and I know he was not going to bed early any night. But yeah, as long as he can play and not get suspended (watch out for Mara haha) then I'll be happy.

Looking at him for what he is, a rookie coming into the league, this dude definitely has the skills to be a centerfield coverage FS. That's exactly what we needed. I'm not as worried about tackling or run support. No to say that those are weaknesses, but he can improve on that. I see a lot of potential in him as a coverage guy over the top right away, though. He has the skills. He'll just need to adjust to the speed of the game. I can see him making some contributions this year and taking leaps in the following years as he gets comfortable back there. I really like this pick!

Yeah, I hate it when that happens (the ole' Panama City Brownie Caper).

I always go with the boring, "Yeah, I was a dumb kid doing dumb ****" myself.

And when I say speed of the game, I moreso mean strength of NFL QB's arms. Safeties like him like to set up plays, bait QBs, and sometimes trust themselves to "get there." He'll have to learn that the window to bait a NFL QB is much smaller, but once he gets it, he'll be a good one. As a DB, he'll surely take some hard criticism from the fans for his growing pains, though.

---------- Post added April-29th-2013 at 01:35 PM ----------

Yeah, I hate it when that happens (the ole' Panama City Brownie Caper).

I always go with the boring, "Yeah, I was a dumb kid doing dumb ****" myself.

In a few years, that'll probably be his answer.

So glad to get this guy. I remember so many people, including me, were taking him in the 2nd on the mock draft game here. I was in FL when the draft went down and was shocked to read we took him so late.

Each and every year everyone does mock drafts, and each and every year they are proven to be so ridiculously wrong. :ols:

While I want to get excited about the kid, the video of the bama game is more telling to me of his talents than the highlight reel of his best plays. Yes he had a couple of good hits, one against Cooper, but Cooper got the better of him on a couple of plays. He was VERY late on a couple bombs that made him look like a street FA. And he didn't seem to want any part of tackling Eddie Lacy until he had to chase him from behind. I hope he pans out though, but everyone ripped Manti Te'o for his bad game vs Bama, Rambo didn't exactly blow me away in his game either. Just saying.

I pointed this out a month or two ago. I'm glad you saw what I saw. Ballhawk? Yes, he is. Physical? No. At least, it didnt look like it when Lacy had the ball. I'll pull for him.

I go to UGA and have had the pleasure of watching Bacarri the last four years. If he stays out of trouble I can see him being a very good player for us. Sure, he will have his growing pains, but ill take my lumps with Rambo as long as #41 isn't on the field anymore.

I never took drugs or smoked a joint in my life and yet in my junior year in college a friend said hey man I met these two girls and they love to go out tonight with out to DC. So here I am driving into DC and both chicks in the back light up. That wasn't the bad thing. The bad thing was they had a good size bag of the stuff. If a cop stopped us, I would probably have gone to jail.

So this kid gets suspended for a game the first time because a girl had a joint with her in his car and claims to have eaten without his knowledge a laced brownie. Wow career criminal right there. So glad we got him.

I never took drugs or smoked a joint in my life and yet in my junior year in college a friend said hey man I met these two girls and they love to go out tonight with out to DC. So here I am driving into DC and both chicks in the back light up. That wasn't the bad thing. The bad thing was they had a good size bag of the stuff. If a cop stopped us, I would probably have gone to jail.

So this kid gets suspended for a game the first time because a girl had a joint with her in his car and claims to have eaten without his knowledge a laced brownie. Wow career criminal right there. So glad we got him.

Yeah, and it's not like he had a major personal tragedy around that time either.

I don't think I've seen it here, but I've seen people around the interwebs compare Rambo and "the DB who shall not be named" (initials T.M.), and can't help but laugh. One got caught ten plus times and was arrested for possession AFTER rehab, the other probably was looking for an escape after a major tragedy and ran with some wrong people who got him in trouble, and then straightened up quickly afterwards.

Yeah, and it's not like he had a major personal tragedy around that time either.

I don't think I've seen it here, but I've seen people around the interwebs compare Rambo and "the DB who shall not be named" (initials T.M.), and can't help but laugh. One got caught ten plus times and was arrested for possession AFTER rehab, the other probably was looking for an escape after a major tragedy and ran with some wrong people who got him in trouble, and then straightened up quickly afterwards.

Dude fell to the 6th round. That was either because of his background (the details of which we know next to nothing) or because of his talent. He did fall for a reason. We passed over him five times despite our needs for a reason. I don't know what that reason is, but I really doubt it was as simple as him getting caught smoking a joint one time w/o any anecdotal information of other behavior issues.

IDK...maybe people here are just over rating him?

“We do a lot of background checks. We talk to these people quite a bit, and not only him, coaches and head coaches, and if we don’t feel comfortable with someone, we don’t sign them, and we felt very comfortable with him.” – Mike Shanahan, on Baccari Rambo’s past drug problems.

“I thought everybody had forgotten about me, man. I was sitting here, praying, asking God to give me one team that liked me, and the Redskins called. It’s just a blessed moment and I just thank the organization for believing in me.” –

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/04/29/in-quotes-redskins-draft-edition/

Archived