Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

This just made my headache worse.  Sigh.  Just call ourselves Skins and move on.  Most of us, that I know, use Skins over Redskins anyways.  Not that we are against saying Redskins.  Keep the colors and mascot.

How about that, not a bad option, representing "All Skins", just like America. 

Again, I'm down with no nickname if forced to drop Redskins. If a name is needed, I'm fine with Warriors. Same colors but a American Military theme.

As far as Harry Reid. You have to search out his Facebook page. The twitter stuff pops up in a time line a lot more easily.

Does this mean Facebook is for old people now?

One of the 8th graders at our school recently expressed the opinion that "all the old people ruined Facebook".

More to the point of the thread...would changing our mascot to a potato eliminate all the controversy?

It's time for the Redskins to just SHUT UP and stop trying to fight. The people who are ****ing and moaning will continue to do so until the name is changed so it's not even worth trying to make them change their mind. Just ignore these annoying people.

Now I'm going to have to listen to Paulson and Danny complain about this  :angry:

I really fear the name "Warriors"  It is not very imaginative.  For some reason, every time I think of the name Warriors, I think of Golden State and Chris Mullen.

I think of a snot nosed middle school basketball team.

Just about every middle school name is either Warriors, Cougars, or some Hawk variant.

3 people have emailed me a story making fun of the Redskins twitter efforts. None of them are even sports fans.

It's been all over the Daily Show and Colbert Report recently. It was on NRP this afternoon.

The issue is going mainstream. It's over.

This has been a brutal afternoon for a displaced Redskins fan like myself.

This is worse than the Jim Zorn Swinging Gate thing in MNF. My coworkers are laughing at my expense and frankly I don't blame them.

How does Tony Wylie still have a job?

This has been a brutal afternoon for a displaced Redskins fan like myself.

This is worse than the Jim Zorn Swinging Gate thing in MNF. My coworkers are laughing at my expense and frankly I don't blame them.

How does Tony Wylie still have a job?

After this debacle that clown has to go.

If/when the name changes, I wonder if the NFL will be pressured into eliminating all historical references to the team name. I wouldn't be surprised if the the name changers call for a complete wipe out of all things Redskins.

I wouldn't be surprised if the HOF fame busts and exhibits were removed from Canton or all the old film destroyed. I'm sure the NFL would let the team keep the 3 Lombardi trophies, however the name would be removed from the history books.

Don't think it can happen? Well I never thought the team name would change but with Beavis and Butthead running the show in Ashburn, anything is possible.

This is getting embarrassing now. The best thing they could have done would be to NOT engage and just give a stock reply of, "We do not believe the name is doing any harm and the debate surrounding it is entirely subjective." any time  the question is posed. We can't win a PR battle, not because we're in the wrong, but because human psychology is what it is.

The vast majority of the people wanting the name to change have no emotional investment in it. All they see is something parading as a "racial injustice" which they will reflexively put in the same category as emancipation and civil rights, because that's how the human brain works. Most thought about the issue all of 0 seconds. And now they feel like they've done their good deed for the day and deserve that cookie.

Probably an Oreo. HEY, THAT'S AN ETHNIC SLUR! Nabisco, I hope you have smarter PR people than the Redskins do.

I'm through. Change it for the sheer stupidity brought forth by them time and again. Can't get out of their own way on anything, and for that, they will always be ****ing clowns.

They don't deserve to keep it.

I don't know.  Do you trust these morons coming up with a new name worth a damn lol?  I sure as hell don't.  Man, all they had to do was ignore what was going on and just on occasion address the issue like Allen's letter.  Geez, who ever is running our PR needs to be fired with the quickness.

Archived