Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Seat Upgrade Process

RememberOsaka

The Redskins are pleased to introduce a new season ticket holder upgrade program where you, the season ticket holder, get to pick your new seat location for your general admission season tickets. Starting in early May, season ticket holders who are paid in full or current on their Redskins installment plan will be able to select in real time their new seat location from available inventory.

Season ticket holders will be assigned a priority group based on seniority and seat location. You will be notified approximately two weeks before the start of the program of the date and time your priority group will be eligible to select seats.

Benefits of the Pick-a-Seat Upgrade Program:

• You choose your new seat location from available inventory
  • Move closer to midfield
  • Move closer to or further from the field
  • Move onto or off of an aisle
  • Consolidate the seats on your account into one location
  • Sit with another account holder

Once your priority group is eligible, you will be able to manage the seat upgrade process by logging into www.Redskins.com/MyAccount. Again, you will be notified in late April, approximately two weeks before the start of the program, of the date and time of your priority group.

Remember, only account holders who are paid in full or current on their Redskins installment plan are eligible to upgrade. If you haven't already made payment, please do so today by going to www.Redskins.com/MyAccount. The deadline to renew is April 1.

If you are interested in upgrading to Premium Club seating now, please call 301-276-6800.

More information, including Frequently Asked Questions, can be found at www.Redskins.com/Upgrades.

If you have any questions, please contact the Redskins Ticket Office by email at tickets@redskins.com or by phone at 301-276-6050.

Thank you, and Hail to the Redskins!

Best guess is it'll use the Ticketmaster pick-a-seat applet that they rolled out last year. When it works, it is terrific. When it doesn't work -- like during the playoff game, when it showed seats as available, but then wouldn't let you add them to your cart because they were already taken -- it is maddening as all heck. My big concern would be if it makes you release your existing seats to select your new seats (like when you pick seats on an airplane seating chart, for example), so that you don't have multiple seats on your account. The worst case would be you select new seats, the system doesn't give them to you because someone else got them first, and then your seats get taken by someone else in your upgrade priority group. I have to think they've got that covered, but in the first year of a new system there are always glitches.

Still though, that's just my pessimistic side coming through. This does seem like a fantastic new development.

It should be interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing feedback on what seats are available as the process takes place. I'll look when my number comes up but my prospects are limited. Economics and the Mrs. have excluded me from moving from the lower level endzone to the sidelines. I'm prohibited from moving to the next price point. How do they determine seniority? Is it the length of time you've been a paying season ticket holder or does it include wait list time?

I spoke with a ticket rep last week who told me they've tagged my account for two new seats in my current section with the seats "TBD". I wonder if I'l be able to use this to finagle the two new seats to be closer to my existing seats that are in the same section....

http://www.redskins.com/tickets/seat-upgrades.html

2013 Seat Upgrade Program Frequently Asked Questions

How does the Seat Upgrade Program work?

Starting in early May, season ticket holders can select their new seat location from available inventory by using the Redskins Interactive Seat Map (ISM) at www.Redskins.com/MyAccount. This improved seat upgrade program puts you, the season ticket holder, in charge of your seat upgrade. You can choose from any available seat location which will enable you to:

Move closer to midfield

Move closer to or further from the field

Move onto or off of an aisle

Consolidate the seats on your account into one location

Sit with another account holder

Is there a way to see the view from each section at FedExField?

Yes. Click here for the FedExField stadium diagram. Click on any section to see a view of the field.

Who is eligible?

All account holders who are paid in full or current on a Redskins approved payment plan by April 1 are eligible for the seat upgrade program.

When can I begin to upgrade my seats?

The seat upgrade program will begin in early May. Season ticket holders will receive an email approximately two weeks before the start of the program with the date and time that they may begin selecting from available seats. Season ticket holders will be grouped according to seniority and by seat location at FedExField.

Why are there different upgrade groups? Why not let everyone upgrade at the same time?

Season ticket holders are placed into priority groups for two reasons. First, this allows our most senior season ticket holders to select first from the available seats. Second, by only allowing small groups of season ticket holders to access the upgrade system, we can ensure the best possible experience for everyone. Account holders who had season tickets at RFK Stadium will have first priority and will be grouped according to their current seat location at FedExField.

Can I combine seats on my account that are in separate locations?

Yes, you may combine some or all of the seats on your account into one location. Simply select the seat locations that you wish to combine from the list of your locations, and then select an equal number of new seats from the ISM.

Can I sit with another account holder?

Yes, you may choose to sit with another account holder; however, both account holders must be eligible at the same time. If both account holders are not in the same priority group, one account holder must wait for the other to be eligible to upgrade. Both account holders must be online at the same time and simultaneously select adjacent seats from the ISM.

Is this my only opportunity to upgrade?

Yes. Once the upgrade program closes, all seat locations for the 2013 season will be final. However, bear in mind that the available locations you see will change as other season ticket holders change their locations. If at first you don’t see anything you like, check back frequently in the event other locations become available.

Can I upgrade more than once?

Yes. Even after you have selected and upgraded your original seat location, if you see a different location you like better you can upgrade again.

Can I access the upgrade program using my mobile device or tablet?

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the ISM, the upgrade program can only be accessed by using a PC or Mac. The seat upgrade tool requires the latest version of Adobe Flash (click here to download).

What if I don’t have internet access?

If you do not have internet access, you can contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050 when your group becomes eligible and a customer service representative will assist you with your seat upgrade over the phone. Seat locations cannot be held; the transaction must be completed during your phone call. The Redskins Ticket Office is open Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Can I add seats to my account?

Yes, however, the process of adding seats cannot be done online. You must contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050 at the time you become eligible for the upgrade. You should review the available inventory online prior to calling so you can request a particular location; however, it’s important to remember that the location may not be available when you speak to a customer service representative. Unfortunately, there is no way for you to hold or reserve a location you see online.

Can I reduce the number of seats on my account?

For information on reducing the number of season tickets you have, please contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050 when your account is eligible to upgrade.

If I upgrade my seats, will the price of my tickets change?

This depends on the location of the new seats you select. The price of the available seats is clearly noted in the ISM, so you can decide before you upgrade if you want to pay for higher priced tickets or upgrade to a location at the same price as you currently pay.

What happens if I do not like the new location of my seats?

All seat upgrades are final. Once you select a new location and complete the upgrade process, your original location will be made available for other tickets holders for their upgrade.

What if I don’t like any of the locations available?

Keep checking back during the upgrade program. New locations will come available as other season ticket holders upgrade their seats. Ultimately, if you don’t see a location you like this season, you will have the same opportunity to upgrade in future years.

How do I make payment if my new seat location costs more?

The balance due will be charged at check-out. Payment for seat upgrades must be made by credit card (MasterCard, American Express, Visa, Discover) in order for the upgrade to take place.

I have Terrace Seats (Sections 213-230, Rows 14-23). Can I upgrade those seats?

No, the seat upgrade process does not apply to the Terrace Seats (Limited and Obstructed View seating).

I have Upper Level Standing tickets (Sections SRO410-SRO437-SRO445). Can I upgrade those?

No, the seat upgrade process does not apply to the Upper Standing locations.

http://www.redskins.com/tickets/seat-upgrades.html

2013 Seat Upgrade Program Frequently Asked Questions

Move closer to midfield

Move closer to or further from the field

Move onto or off of an aisle

Account holders who had season tickets at RFK Stadium will have first priority and will be grouped according to their current seat location at FedExField.

bear in mind that the available locations you see will change as other season ticket holders change their locations. If at first you don't see anything you like, check back frequently in the event other locations become available.

Can I upgrade more than once?

Yes. Even after you have selected and upgraded your original seat location, if you see a different location you like better you can upgrade again.

If I upgrade my seats, will the price of my tickets change?

This depends on the location of the new seats you select. The price of the available seats is clearly noted in the ISM, so you can decide before you upgrade if you want to pay for higher priced tickets or upgrade to a location at the same price as you currently pay.

Some interesting nuggets in there, thanks for posting. First, if we take the wording precisely then one can move to a section closer to midfield but NOT a section further away from the midfield. Do we think that's true? If so it would mean that someone who is (for example) in Row 26 of 454 will be limited to seats in 454, even if they'd take available seats in Row 12 of 453 (i.e. trading distance to the field for proximity to the 50.

Second, folks going back to RFK get priority, which is 100% as it should be. After that your current section is going to impact when you get to upgrade. Properly handled that makes sense, as it should cut down on the ability to leapfrog into seats that someone closer to those seats might want. But the other comments I've quoted make clear that once your window opens it seems to stay open, and you can move several times. That would potentially seem to invite chaos and hard feelings about who ultimately gets to sit where, if someone who logs in later gets better seats than someone who logs in earlier. Still better than the completely opaque system they have now, I guess.

Third, I wonder if they're going to allow folks to jump multiple price brackets in upgrading to more expensive seats. Used to be that it was near impossible to get out of the upper deck into the lower deck without going through one of the clubs. If people in the cheaper upper seats will now see inventory in the lower bowl and can move directly, that's a huge (and in my mind welcome) change.

Can't wait to watch this unfold.

I don't see how anyone could see this program as anything but a good thing for the fans. Finally being able to actually SEE what seats are available and where you can move to. Obviously, new technology invites potential technical glitches/problems/disappointed people, but I applaud the effort. Even the seat upgrade program a couple years ago was an improvement to the chaos of trying to call for upgrades before that (as I experienced). I probably won't upgrade from my seats in 3rd row of the UL on the 50, but now I'll certainly look and see what I could get (and may flip to home side if I can). Last two years they've offered me lowers but in both cases, just generic chance and it was too risky for me to give up seats I really like for possibly being in row 5 behind the endzone (yes I realize some people love it there, I hate not seeing the other side of the field except on jumbotron). So, for now, tenantive props to the skins and the TO. Let's hope it goes smoothly (i.e. we don't have a SimCity like launch of this product).

folks going back to RFK get priority, which is 100% as it should be.

:ols: I tried to play that card with the TO for years and it got me nowhere.

I was told that all records of ST tenure were lost or discarded after the move in 1997. Another rep told me ST records only go back to the mid 1980s, when everything went digital. I've also been told my account dates back to 2004, and another rep said 1989. When the last rep claimed 1994, I gave up.

Moot point bc I know we date back to Griffith Stadium, and I enjoyed our STs throughout Gibbs 1.0. :point2sky

All of the above occurred in the 2000s. In '02-04, I was trying to move from 401 down to the LL endzone. Almost nobody was getting moved back then, tenure and current ST locations were irrelevant at the time. I then jumped on the chance to move down to OV seating in 221, right when the cave opened (late) in the offseason of 2004.

I've been happy ever since. The price reductions in 05-06 were awesome! :beavisnbutthead:

Quick question. If you don't renew by April 1st, will your seats be show up on the list for others to take?

No. There's a reason the upgrade process doesn't start until May, and it's not because the weather is warmer.

I remember one year, I didn't pay until July. They were upper deck. I believe the were 435 row 15, IIRC. The truth is, I didn't really care, and when I got around to paying, it wasn't a problem, even in July.

But on the other hand, how long you wait depends on the fine location of your seats.

If I love my location and suspect my seats would be highly sought after, I wouldn't push my luck. There have been situations in the past where the team has refused a slightly late payment of very nicely located seats, and yet happily accepted a much later payment of not-so favorable seats.

Payment is expected by April 1, and if you value your seats, you should probably pay on time. :)

Moot point bc I know we date back to Griffith Stadium, and I enjoyed our STs throughout Gibbs 1.0. :point2sky: :beavisnbutthead:

When I read the seniority thing, I was like DAMN finally having season tickets (in my family) since Griffith finally has a use! We better be in the first priority group!!! lol I'm with ya man! hoping to get first row in 203 maybe! but would take any of the first few!

When I read the seniority thing, I was like DAMN finally having season tickets (in my family) since Griffith finally has a use! We better be in the first priority group!!! lol I'm with ya man! hoping to get first row in 203 maybe! but would take any of the first few!

You sure lucked out for the Dallas game last year. I was in row 8 of your section, but I paid $300 for a single.

2013 will be the first year in which I wouldn't buy any GA STs at cost, not even if I could hand pick my dream seats in 201 or 242. The price increase has finally put them out of reach for me. I would struggle to recover losse$ on the games I couldn't make.

Up until 2012, prime GAs could recover their preseason costs after the sale of 2 (lower profile) regular season games; if they sold early enough in down years.

If I love my location and suspect my seats would be highly sought after, I wouldn't push my luck. There have been situations in the past where the team has refused a slightly late payment of very nicely located seats, and yet happily accepted a much later payment of not-so favorable seats.

I know this to be true -- a co-worker had seats at the lower 20 that were on an account that had been in the family since Griffith. A few (four or five?) years ago they didn't get their invoice in the mail, and missed the payment deadline by three weeks. Not only did they lose the seats, but the VP in the ticket office told them they could not get back into the lower bowl without agreeing to buy club seats for a couple years. My friend told him to go F himself, and they've not had seats since.

Here's a tip. Try row 3 or 4. Rows 1 and 2 are not undercover in most rain. Of course that assumes the rain drops straight down.

And I have still not received this email from the Redskins. Hmmmmm.

Archived