Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR24-7.com; Post-Combine Washington Redskins 7 Round Mock Draft

KCClybun

You guys got this mock draft all wrong. Here is the Redskins draft according to Miss Cleo. :ols:

2 - Terrance Williams, wr, Baylor - RGIII is reunited with Terrance.

3 - T. J. McDonald, s, USC - I like his 6-3 size and his father played in the NFL.

4 - Dwayne Gratz, cb, Connecticut - Speedy CB ran a 4.35 forty; had 22 reps on the bench press.

5 - Denard Robinson, qb, rb, wr, Michigan - The Redskins can use him in a variety of ways. Has 4.34 speed.

5 - Reid Fragel, t Wisconsin - Impressive workout for a 6-7+ tackle; 33 reps and 5.09 forty.

6 - Quinn Sharp, p, Oklahoma St - Averaged 46 yards on punts last 2 years; and strong on kickoffs. Wouldn't have to use Kai Forbath on kickoffs.

7 - Ray Ray Armstrong, s, Miami - Developmental safety from the U.

All these guys could make the team.

The 5th round is way too early for Robinson. He's a 7th rounder to UDFA. I think we could use him, but not in the 5th.

While our offense still moved the ball and put up points without a playmaking TE (Fred was out early), just imagine how more dynamic our offense would've been if Fred wasn't injured or if we had a very good route running, pass catching TE with decent speed. Usually a TE is a rookie QBs best friend and our QB didn't have that luxury. Our offense would be even more of a nightmare to contain with a very good TE. If we do lose Fred Davis in FA, TE becomes one of the biggest needs IMO. Our biggest needs are FS, TE, RT, and maybe SS (here's hoping that Brandon Merriweather is healthy). We might have a big need at LB too if Fletcher calls it quits; however, we might have that solution already on the roster.

I took Denard Robinson in the 5th to make sure we get him. Our 6th round pick may be to low. You can bet Denard Robinson will go higher than the 7th round after running a 4.34 forty.

The only problem with that is he can't catch and he's got nerve damage in his arm.

I took Denard Robinson in the 5th to make sure we get him. Our 6th round pick may be to low. You can bet Denard Robinson will go higher than the 7th round after running a 4.34 forty.

Brandon Banks ran faster than a 4.34 and he went undrafted, and he's about what Robinson will be in the NFL. Slot guy at most, who's a gadget player.

I go to UVA and I've met Greer a few times, real nice guy but I don't see him being athletic enough for the NFL game. And I'm not really keen on the idea of bringing in denard unless its a 7th rounder or UDFA because he is such a project as a WR that his athleticism doesnt even set him apart from brandon banks or aldrick robinson at this point. If a 1st round TE talent does fall to second round (ertz or eifert) then I would say go for it, but I agree with the statement that we should wait until 6/7 round to get one otherwise. Just edited my sig \/

Brandon Banks ran faster than a 4.34 and he went undrafted, and he's about what Robinson will be in the NFL. Slot guy at most, who's a gadget player.

Denard Robinson already is a heck of a runner and could start out as a backup RB. Especially if Helu doesn't recover. He ran for over 100 yards in a game as a RB last year. The Redskins could use him in the pistol (if they use it this year), or as a backup RB, or develop him as a WR or kick returner. He was dropping balls as a WR at the Senior Bowl, so he needs a couple years to develop his routes and hands. Someone even suggested he be tried as a cornerback. Brandon Banks is a 150 lb. midget. Robinson weighs 199.

Imagine Kyle having both RGIII and Denard Robinson in the pistol formation. Now you have TWO guys back there who can both RUN or PASS out of the formation.

Someone might take a flyer on Robinson in the 7th to avoid maybe losing him as a priority undrafted free agent but I have a hard time seeing him go any higher than that.

Whats his position? He can't play receiver - cant catch. Don't think he can play RB he is just not built for the position. Can he be a return guy? Maybe. Run a few snaps as part of an option look if that's part of your play book? Maybe. All that's sounds like a guy you don't draft but maybe take a look at based on his speed and potential as an UDFA.

I love seeing you posting again, amigo. :)

I love seeing you posting again, amigo. :)

Thanks, Jumbo. I was given 3 years to live. I'm now going into my 7th year. Old Redskin die-hard fans are hard to kill. Carl Sagan only lived 2 years with my disease, which is myelodysplastic Syndrome or MDS.

---------- Post added March-3rd-2013 at 01:30 PM ----------

Someone might take a flyer on Robinson in the 7th to avoid maybe losing him as a priority undrafted free agent but I have a hard time seeing him go any higher than that.

Whats his position? He can't play receiver - cant catch. Don't think he can play RB he is just not built for the position. Can he be a return guy? Maybe. Run a few snaps as part of an option look if that's part of your play book? Maybe. All that's sounds like a guy you don't draft but maybe take a look at based on his speed and potential as an UDFA.

I remember years ago a QB the Redskins drafted in the 5th round. On the surface this player didn't have a position either. He later turned out to a good backup RB as Joe Gibbs said after the playoff win in Minnesota, and one of the greatest return men in NFL history. His name was Brian Mitchell. I see Denard Robinson with his 4.34 speed in that mode.

Thanks, Jumbo. I was given 3 years to live. I'm now going into my 7th year.Old Redskin die-hard fans are hard to kill.

That's awesome!

I remember years ago a QB the Redskins drafted in the 5th round. On the surface this player didn't have a position either. He later turned out to a good backup RB as Joe Gibbs said after the playoff win in Minnesota, and one of the greatest return men in NFL history. His name was Brian Mitchell. I see Denard Robinson with his 4.34 speed in that mode.

I can certainly see the upside on Robinson and if he just turns out to be the return guy he could be you can make a good case for taking him with a 6th or 7th round pick. But I can also see teams looking at him and wondering if he has a position in the NFL and seeing him as a guy you try to sign as an UDFA.

That's awesome!

I can certainly see the upside on Robinson and if he just turns out to be the return guy he could be you can make a good case for taking him with a 6th or 7th round pick. But I can also see teams looking at him and wondering if he has a position in the NFL and seeing him as a guy you try to sign as an UDFA.

Guys: Thanks for all the encouragement.

As for Denard Robinson, he is a great athlete as evidenced by his school records and his 4.34 forty. I know he had trouble catching the ball with his hands during Senior Bowl week as a wide receiver, but supposedly he has an elbow injury. We know he is used to handling the ball as a QB and RB, so I think he just needs more time to develop catching the ball. Besides, very few draft picks come into the NFL and become starters their 1st year.

The Redskins could even use him as a backup RB, in case Helu does not recover physically.

A lot of people were clamoring for Percy Harvin not too long ago; I think Denard Robinson could be a poor man's PH. The dude has serious upside as a tremendous athlete. Even though I'm an Ohio State fan, I'd like to see what Kyle could do with him in our offense. My view of him is as a complimentary player, not a star. But then, we've got our stars in place already; it's the complimentary guys that can/will take our offense to the next level.

Could you all see Swope potentially being snagged by a team in the 2nd? He pretty much killed it at the combine and there's a lot to like about him: good size, very fast, shifty in open space, runs very good routes. If you were pretty confident that he would be long gone by the time our 3rd round pick came up would you get him at 51? Try and trade back from that pick and still nab him a few picks later? Just pass on him?

I'm not a huge fan of Denard Robinson. I don't think he showed up very well at the Senior Bowl, and then I don't think he improved much at the Senior Bowl. His main trait is that he's fast...but so was Brandon Banks, and he couldn't catch, run routes or anything else but be fast either. Position changes are hard, and Robinson's basically never done any of what he's going to be asked to do. I'd rather take a guy I know can contribute over a guy that'll change positions.

I dont think i would be very happy with a TE in the 2nd round. I remember last season when Davis was healthy RGIII didn't really throw to him that much. I think if Davis goes we could add decent talent to the position in FA or later in the draft. This draft has a lot of talent at the position we really need like FS/CB/WR/OL. I would much rather see us take one of these positions over TE. Just my opinion.

Thanks, Jumbo. I was given 3 years to live. I'm now going into my 7th year. Old Redskin die-hard fans are hard to kill. Carl Sagan only lived 2 years with my disease, which is myelodysplastic Syndrome or MDS.

Count me amongst those who are glad to see you back. Good to hear your voice so to speak.

I dont think i would be very happy with a TE in the 2nd round. I remember last season when Davis was healthy RGIII didn't really throw to him that much. I think if Davis goes we could add decent talent to the position in FA or later in the draft. This draft has a lot of talent at the position we really need like FS/CB/WR/OL. I would much rather see us take one of these positions over TE. Just my opinion.

At the point Davis was injured he lead the team in targets, receptions and receiving yardage.

Those clamoring for Denard Robinson, and saying he's like Percy Harvin... Way off... Robinson can't catch the ball... I honestly see Robinson playing CB in the NFL.

I could see him take over Banks role (or the role they envisioned for him which he couldn't execute) in the pistol. A change of pace guy with exceptional speed but Robinson would give you the added benefit of being able throw out of the backfield as well.

I could see him take over Banks role (or the role they envisioned for him which he couldn't execute) in the pistol. A change of pace guy with exceptional speed but Robinson would give you the added benefit of being able throw out of the backfield as well.

Why the heck would you want Denard Robinson and his lack of velocity and accuracy throw the ball when you've got Robert Griffin III?

Archived