Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl Thread

AsburySkinsFan

I think this cements Flacco as a "Top 10" guy and probably in the 7-5 range with certainty.

Brady, Brees, Peyton, and Rodgers are 1-4 for me at this time. Eli and Roethlisberger were guys that, based on their accomplishments, you HAVE to put into that next 6-10 range and typically also have stats or seasons that make that ranking legitimate. Flacco basically is going to be put into that sort of category, rightfully so, for at least the next few years. If he begins to be more consistent over the entire parts of season, he may be able to claw his way into that "elite" top group. Right now he's in that "immediate tier down" in my mind.

The next 3 to 5 years are going to be REALLY interesting. Brady, Brees, and Manning should all three be close to done if not completely done by the end of that time period. Roethelisberger, Rivers, Eli, Romo sits to pee, Schaub (if the later two are still starting) will be entering into that "beginning of the end" type of situation.

Flacco, Ryan, Dalton, Cam, Kaep, Griffin, Wilson, Luck, Bradford, Stafford. You've got a great batch of young, very talented guys who are going to quickly find themselves having a vacuum to fill as the "quality" guys of the past decade go into the sunset or begin that journey. It'll be interesting to see which ones go the route of Brady/Brees/Peyton, which go the route of Eli or Ben or even Rivers, and which go more the route of a Mike Vick/Tony Romo sits to pee/Carson Palmer.

You or the NFL can move the trophy's from one city to another, but a title was won in Baltimore against the Cowboys. And Indy has STILL only won 1 SB so far.

BALTIMORE has 3 Lombardi's.

The RAVENS have 2. Though I will give it to them, they have two in a "12 year history" since Indianapolis took the Colt's franchise when they stole them to Indy, but Baltimore didn't teak the Browns records when they stole the team to Baltimore.

You or the NFL can move the trophy's from one city to another, but a title was won in Baltimore against the Cowboys. And Indy has STILL only won 1 SB so far.

I disagree with that. The Lakers kept their titles moving from Minnesota to LA, the Timberwolves don't have a handful of trophies from George Mikan era. The Colt franchise moved to Indy that title should go with them.

Who wins next year? I say Niners or Packers.

Call me a homer, but if a healthy RG3 starts week 1, I think the Skins can do it. Really. It's easy to underestimate the importance of four missing defensive starters, and the offense should continue to roll.

Outside of the Skins, I think the Colts will make some necessary improvements and Luck will continue to grow. Most improved team could very well be Carolina if they carry their momentum into next season.

I bet the under. Go ahead and laugh at me. Flacco is elite, I'm not sure how that's debatable.

Who wins next year? I say Niners or Packers.

Elite QB's are consistently at the top of their game and are routinely capable of putting the team upon their back, on a year in year out fashion. In terms of consistency, look at the stats for the four guys typically considered "elite" in the league and Flacco for this year...

Rodgeres didn't have a QB rating under 80 all year and had 8 games over 100. His lowest was 80.6

Manning had 10 games over 100, with only one games under 80. His lowest was 58.5 in week 2

Brady had 9 games over 100 and 5 under 80. His lowest was a 68.9 against San Fran

Brees had a "down" year for himself. Nine games over 100 and 5 under 80 as well. His lowest was 37.6 in his 5 int game against Atlanta

Flacco? Six games over 100. Seven games under 80. He had as many games under 70 as Brees and Brady had under 80, and he had more games under 60 than Manning or Rodgers had under 80. His low was 45.4

Flacco has some Great games and some Bad games and then a fair bit of average games. Typically your "Elite" guys routinely have good to great games and might have one, MAYBE two "stinkers" or just sub par games a year.

Flacco is a lot like Eli Manning, only I think Eli has a little better ability to put a team on his back and will them to win but also the bigger chance or costing his team with a costly mistake. Flacco to me is a weird mixture of a game manager and a long ball tosser. Typically, your long ball guys tend to be risk takers where I don't see that as much with Flacco. He seems to be someone with a Game Managers mentality in the body and physical toolset of a Bomber type, and meshes those traits with wonderful success.

He's top 10...but I gotta go with Kurt Warner here. Your "Elite" guys are your cream of the crop, sure fire hall of famers and guys who are/shoe ins to be the class of their generation. Flacco may reach that point, but I just can't put him there yet with the inconsistency in playing at an "elite" level.

Also, watching on NFL network....

Not taking anything away from Kaep...but I'll take RG3's sprint right goal line play over the one they ran on second down. During the game I was actually thinking "Man, if we had the ball here I'd do the play with Moss, with RG3 taking the snap and immediately sprinting right." Next thing I know, there goes Kaep to the right.

I know Vonta, we had three class's together freshman year. He's a good dude, I'm happy for him.

He was a little before my time at East Carolina, but it's always good to see Pirates doing well.

Having said that, I really wish Dwayne Harris would get traded to our team/another team outside of the NFC East.

You or the NFL can move the trophy's from one city to another, but a title was won for Baltimore against the Cowboys. And Indy has STILL only won 1 SB so far.

The Ravens aren't the Colts. You said yourself that the Ravens were once the Browns, so they share the Cleveland Browns' history. Using your own logic, the Indianapolis Colts share the Baltimore Colts' history.

Call me a homer, but if a healthy RG3 starts week 1, I think the Skins can do it. Really. It's easy to underestimate the importance of four missing defensive starters, and the offense should continue to roll.

Outside of the Skins, I think the Colts will make some necessary improvements and Luck will continue to grow. Most improved team could very well be Carolina if they carry their momentum into next season.

The Colts will have a much harder schedule. And Carolina? Please tell me that was a joke. Anyway, it's probably too early to be making predictions for next year. There's free agency, the draft all coming up. Plus key guys could get injured between now and the start of the season.

---------- Post added February-4th-2013 at 12:56 AM ----------

He has some stinkers for sure but he is a pretty big gamer and steps up when it matters a lot. He should have been in the SB last year, he played well enough to that can't be denied.
I'm still not calling Flacco an elite QB. He's probably gonna get the 20 million a year contract he's seeking, and he has a ring, but he's still not one of the 5 best QBs in my opinion. I think to be put in that conversation you have to get it done in the regular season and postseason. He's the Eli Manning of the AFC.

Joe Flacco, MVP and well deserved. What a post season performance. One of the greatest ever for a QB. The Ravens are gonna have to spend a ton of money to lock him up.

And Ray's last stand had a movie like ending for him. They'll probably make a movie about his life

Archived