Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Americans on FX

BeachSkin

Really enjoyed the pilot.

Hope this one is able to have staying power without getting too ridiculous. *cough* Homeland *cough*

If it is really good and gets great ratings they will keep it long after the storyline should have ended. The curse of success.

Since the show takes place in D.C. in the 80s, I wonder if there will be any 80s Redskins references.

They've already started referencing the Capitals. Dammed hockey loving commies!

Edit: Would be funny if FBI neighbor invites the family over to watch football, and to see the reaction of the father who clearly likes hockey.

I thought that too, but then I realized on our street of 20 homes

• Neighbor on left is with NSA
  • NeIghbor on right has son in FBI
  • Neighbor down the street is a Federal prosecutor
  • Another neighbor down the street does something that he's not willing to talk about at block parties.
  • Another neighbor works for CIA (husband and wife)
  • Another neighbor works at Pentagon (husband and wife)
  • And I have a good friend who is an FBI investigator

I'm clearly a major threat to national security.

And I don't know what the other half of my neighbors do. :ols:

The DC suburbs are a special place.

Yeah, typical west coaster, I hadn't thought of that reality. Probably can't through a rock in a DC suburb without hitting some sort of fed.

I dig it. Never thought Felicity would be the stronger one. When she kicked his head into the well....yeah....awesome.

Felicity! Nice Reference. Hilarious! It's funny how we see people in other shows and we reference them as their old characters.

I thought the first episode was good. I don't watch a lot of current TV shows, so they have to be intriguing to pull me in. I was excited for this show to start and I wasn't disappointed. I'll be curious to see where it goes from here, but I like what I saw on the pilot.

They've already started referencing the Capitals. Dammed hockey loving commies!

Edit: Would be funny if FBI neighbor invites the family over to watch football, and to see the reaction of the father who clearly likes hockey.

Ohh yeah, forgot the son plays hockey. I could definitely see that scenario playing out but obviously I'm sure the KGB would have had the Russians study up on the Counter Trey, Fun Bunch, etc. ;)

I thought last night's episode was even better than the first one. I think the wife is becoming a little more likable and I'm intrigued by the dynamic with the FBI neighbor. I think this will be a fun and entertaining show.

I'm really into the show thus far. I also really like The Following. I'm glad I found some shows I like to fill the void left by SOA and Dexter.

I'm really into the show thus far. I also really like The Following. I'm glad I found some shows I like to fill the void left by SOA and Dexter.

I like those 2 shows so far as well. I've been hunting for good shows since Lost, 24, and Friday Night Lights all abandoned me right around the same time. I've had to read books and go to the gym to kill the time...horrible.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived