Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE Official Star Wars EPVII The Force Awakens Thread

codeorama

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/01/19/j-j-abrams-star-wars-script/

J.J. Abrams: 'Star Wars' script done, Plemons meeting confirmed

J.J. Abrams hit the Television Critics Association’s press tour Sunday to promote his upcoming NBC showBelieve, and after his panel reporters pelted him with Star Wars: Episode VII questions. What did he say? Not much, but here’s what we got:

The script is done: “We’re working really hard and we’ve got our script and we’re in deep prep. Full steam ahead.”

What’s the length? Abrams wouldn’t go there. “I promise you it will be movie length.”

What about rumors of him meeting with Breaking Bad‘s Jesse Plemons? It’s true, but Abrams is meeting with many actors, and insiders will tell you that having your name in the press isn’t the best way to get a part on an Abrams film, given the director’s penchant for secrecy. “He is one of the actors that we’ve talked to,” Abrams said. “But it’s not often that I read about actors that I’m going to be meeting … I get to read articles about actors who are going to come in. And so I get to see someone and say, ‘Oh, I read that I was going to see you!’ … It’s a lot of noise.”

http://bigshinyrobot.com/56854/star-wars-judi-dench-episode-vii/

STAR WARS: JUDI DENCH IN EPISODE VII?

Here is a rumor we broke on the latest episode of the Full of Sith podcast. Through the normal channels of rumor-mongers, Bobby Roberts brings forth a name that has been bandied about behind the scenes but hasn't hit the main stream yet and we're the first to break the name here as a possibility. This came out in the same batch of news that brought us names like Benedict Cumberbatch. And, to be honest, it's my view that just about everyone is being talked to for a role in this film.

But the name is:

Judi Dench.

Playing Mon Mothma.

I haven't been able to confirm this independently, and it's just a rumor at this point, but this is what Bobby is hearing. And I believe it's what Latino Review has been hinting about all across twitter

At least Kasdan is involved... Otherwise this would be a total disaster... Who wants to see the children? That was done and it ruined the franchise.... If there is a possibility this could be as cool as sw and empire, Kasdan is the only hope. Otherwise Abrams and co. Will F this up royally.

So, is everyone in the cast going to be over 75?

I think it's a pretty safe bet that the stars will be considerably younger.

For lots of reasons. Cheaper. Not already identified from other roles. The need to get people who they know will be available for three films. (Although, granted, now that Lucas isn't in charge, it's possible that the next three won't be 10 years apart.)

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/mara-jade-connected-star-wars-vii-114900655.html

Mara Jade connected to Star Wars VII? Luke’s love interest rumoured to appear in Star Wars Rebels

After plenty of speculation about how the Expanded Universe will fit into Disney's 'Star Wars

plans,  it looks as though that's all down to Mara Jade.

It's no secret that the Expanded Universe is in jeopardy now that 'Star Wars: Episode VII' has come along. Often depicting events after the original trilogy, it seems that many of these classic 'Star Wars' stories will get the chop once 'Episode VII' hits. But what about Mara Jade? It looks as though this fan-favourite could make the cut… and even be connected to the upcoming sequel trilogy.

According to 'Star Wars' fan site Star Wars 7 News, there's a good reason why Lucasfilm are clearing house when it comes to the Expanded Universe… and it's all to do with Mara Jade.

"It can be said that Rebels will introduce Mara Jade into the film canon, sometimes appearing with the Inquisitor… and she will be the living mother of Ben Skywalker."

Mara Jade Skywalker was first introduced in Timothy Zhan's 'Star Wars' epic, 'Heir to the Empire'. And after numerous appearances throughout the Expanded Universe, has become a bit of a fan favourite.

Obviously, Ben Skywalker doesn't come into play until after the original trilogy… far beyond the timeline of 'Star Wars Rebels'. But this is where Mara Jade will apparently connect with 'Star Wars VII'.

"Episode seven takes place, in 30 ABY. Jacen, and Jaina will be to Ben what Han, and Leia were to Luke. Ben is around the same age as his cousins. Chewie will be alive, and this is an all new timeline from 4 ABY forward."

According to their anonymous source, the recent EU reshuffle is taking place because Lucasfilm and Abrams have been meeting to discuss various elements of the Expanded Universe. And from 2015 onwards, the entire 'Star Wars' universe will fall under one singular canon.

Is it just me not paying attention or even now do the effects from the Episodes 4 - 6 still stand the test of time, yeah they are not perfect but I prefer them to the CGI mess of Episodes 1-3.  Ugh, the Yoda thing still pisses me off ... 

Anybody feel the same. 

I hope JJ does make this think bounce around with light speed effects that just move to fast to even tell what's going on. 

Is it just me not paying attention or even now do the effects from the Episodes 4 - 6 still stand the test of time, yeah they are not perfect but I prefer them to the CGI mess of Episodes 1-3.  Ugh, the Yoda thing still pisses me off ... 

Anybody feel the same.

Absolutely.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/01/zac-efron-in-talks-with-disney-over-star-wars-7-role-4286517/

Zac Efron in talks with Disney over Star Wars 7 role

Zac Efron confirmed he has been in talks with Disney for a possible lead role in Star Wars Episode VII.

And while nothing has been confirmed, the Paperboy star’s hopes are high.

Speaking to MTV, he revealed: ‘I just went and met with them. So I don’t know. It would be cool. I love [the Star Wars movies], I love them, but who knows?’

Zac is the latest name to be linked to the JJ Abrams-directed film.

Others include Skins star Jack O’Connell, Taissa Farmiga, Chiwetel Ejiofor and most recently Judi Dench.

The 79-year-old actress is rumoured to be playing Mon Mothma, the rebel leader who helped to co-ordinate the attack against the second Death Star.

Anybody feel the same. 

I hope JJ does make this think bounce around with light speed effects that just move to fast to even tell what's going on. 

Excess CGI is the devil... To me at least. You can have plenty of special effects without wasting money and going off the deep end.

"Imperial Recruitment Posters"

http://news.cnet.com/2300-10797_3-10019542-1.html

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/06/gary-oldman-in-star-wars-episode-vii-talks

Gary Oldman in Star Wars: Episode VII Talks    

Dark Knight star Gary Oldman has confirmed that he's been approached about starring in the new Star Wars movie.

Speaking to Sky Movies ahead of the release of the RoboCop remake in which he stars, Oldman was asked whether he'd been approached regarding Star Wars: Episode VII. His response? "They've called."

While the response is brief and Oldman went on to say nothing official has been agreed, it's the first time that the veteran actor, known for his role as Commissioner Gordon in Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy and as Sirius Black in Harry Potter, has been linked to the new films.

Back when Star Wars: Episode III was in production there were rumours that Oldman would be portraying General Grievous, though this didn't come to pass.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/02/11/star-wars-rebels-franchise-future-tv-movies/4802803/

'Rebels' begins new direction in 'Star Wars' universe

More than 35 years after a bunch of outer-space flyboys hopped in their X-Wing Fighters and destroyed the first of two Death Stars, the Rebel Alliance is finally getting a Star Wars origin story.

In an animated TV version, no less.

Star Wars Rebels, launching this fall on Disney Channel with a special one-hour telecast before moving to its home on Disney XD, takes fans back to a time before there was Jek PorkinsWedge Antillesand, of course, Luke Skywalker. Viewers will be introduced to the rebellion's early days when the leader Kanan and his ragtag group aboard The Ghost are fighting Imperial Star Destroyers.

Rebels is the first original Star Wars on-screen content released since Disney's $4 billion purchase of Lucasfilm in October 2012. It also begins a new era for the franchise with upcoming video games, Marvel Comics titles and Star Wars: Episode VII, director J.J. Abrams' kickoff of a new movie trilogy (due in December 2015).

Rebels acts as a bridge between the prior two sets of movies: The show is set in the period between the events of the last Star Wars movie prequel, 2005's Episode III —Revenge of the Sith, and the introduction to George Lucas' universe in 1977's Star Wars, the fourth "episode" (now subtitled A New Hope) that kicked off the original trilogy.

That first movie opened with Darth Vader on a mission to crush the fledgling Rebel Alliance. Rebels will show why the Empire comes after them as hard as they do while having the good guys employ guerrilla tactics vs. shady arms dealers, war lords, intergalactic Mafioso and an army of Imperial Stormtroopers.

"In the original movie, you see a bunch of guys in orange jumpsuits running around and not know who they are," says Freddie Prinze Jr., who voices Kanan. "This is the start of it: the sacrifices that those orange jumpsuits made and the families those orange jumpsuits lost and the hatred that you would have for somebody who would literally kill your wife and child because they wanted your property."

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/11/star-wars-rebels-freddie-prinze/

'Star Wars Rebels' first human character revealed

The first new human character from Disney XD’s Star Wars Rebels has been dubbed a “cowboy Jedi” and he’ll be voiced by actor Freddie Prinze Jr.

Meet Kanan, who according to USA Today’s first look, is on the run from the Imperials and uses a blaster instead of a lightsaber to avoid attention. Along with his crew on their spaceship The Ghost, he helps start the Rebel Alliance. “What I like about Kanan is he is a Jedi but he’s not a Jedi in the traditional sense that we’ve had before on the show,” says animation supervisor Keith Kellogg. “He’s a little more rough around the edges. He’s kept his lightsaber locked away, so he hasn’t used it in a long time.”

Rebels is set between the events in Episode III and IV, where the remaining Jedi are scattered after the Emperor’s kill-order 66. “Kanan is the perceived head of this organization, the crew of the Ghost, and when he tells you something you gotta do it,” Prinze Jr. adds

(Star Wars Rebels announcement)

That could be a lot of fun. 

A LOT of fun. 

A chance to play around in the classic Universe.  Darth Vader.  Heck, we could have a Han Solo cameo. 

(And why am I thinking of The Dukes of Hazard?) 

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/confirmed-complete-star-wars-episode-vii-shooting-dates-revealed

Confirmed: Complete 'Star Wars: Episode VII' shooting dates revealed

Almost no Bothan Spies were injured or killed bringing you this report.

At least, I hope that's true. No one should get hurt over simply verifying some shooting dates, even on a film as highly anticipated as "Star Wars Episode VII: There's Still Not A Title".

Multiple sources now have confirmed for us that "Star Wars Episode VII" is set to start shooting mid-May and will run through September of this year, and most principal casting on the film is complete, with many announcements still to come. While Abrams had mentioned May during the TCA press tour and there had been speculation about the summer date, the full production schedule was finally confirmed for us.

If they wrap in September, that gives them over a year of post to build out the world that Abrams says he wants to make as close to the feel of the Original Trilogy as he possibly can. The thing that is most exciting to me about production dates is that extra added anticipation that we'll have any time during those four months as we try to imagine what the cast and crew are doing at that particular moment. Is today the day they shoot that full-sized Millennium Falcon they've built? Is today whatever lightsaber battle you know Mark Hamill's going to have to participate in? Are they shooting a scene with the ghost of Yoda today?

Archived