Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sporting News 2012 Rookie of the Year: Robert Griffin III

BleedBNG

At this point I would be shocked if he didn't win the AP Rookie of the Year. Vindication for all the viciousness after the Seahawks game injury. I can never wrap my mind around why fans make fun of injuries, or cheer for them? At the end of the day it's just a game, and those playing are human beings that live lives and have families...

What is really sweet though, is knowing he'll be back stronger and more driven next year. Wouldn't want anybody else taking snaps for the Redskins.

At this point I would be shocked if he didn't win the AP Rookie of the Year. Vindication for all the viciousness after the Seahawks game injury. I can never wrap my mind around why fans make fun of injuries, or cheer for them? At the end of the day it's just a game, and those playing are human beings that live lives and have families...

What is really sweet though, is knowing he'll be back stronger and more driven next year. Wouldn't want anybody else taking snaps for the Redskins.

Rookie of the Year is voted on before the playoffs.

Congrats to RG3 for another honor well earned. :cheers:

This article does a good job in explaining why RG3 is RotY and why it is about more than stats. My favortie line of the article:

"He put fear in opponents, who knew facing Griffin was like facing lightning ready to strike."

:)

Fans of other teams can whine all they want, but when the people who actually play the games and run the teams pick a guy, that says something.

Good point. When its his peers, coaches, etc who choose him that sorta speaks for itself. That makes it (or should make it) hard for butthurt Hawks and Colts fans to claim media bias, popularity contest...or whatever else they decide to trot out. Though from what I've seen it still hasn't stopped them from complaining. Oh well. Haters gonna hate.

That would be the craziest thing if he doesn't win the real one when he's won every other rookie of the year award
He's got this locked. I would be stunned if every OROY award handed out so far contradicted the AP.

Yeah, can't believe the AP can go for anyone but RGIII. I know their voting was done three weeks ago but even then, it seemed pretty clear who the most deserving candidate was.

Yeah, can't believe the AP can go for anyone but RGIII. I know their voting was done three weeks ago but even then, it seemed pretty clear who the most deserving candidate was.

I think the vote ending when it did actually helped his case most likely. At that time he had just finished leading the Skins to the NFC East title in a remarkable 7 game winning streak. But yeah, I would be shocked if anyone else wins the AP award when pretty much all other publications' own ROY award has gone to Griffin.

Archived