Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Ryan Leaf kicked out of drug treatment center

SteveFromYellowstone

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127662/article/ryan-leaf-kicked-out-of-drug-treatment-center

Ryan Leaf kicked out of drug treatment center

• Associated Press

HELENA, Mont. -- Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf has been moved from a drug treatment center to the Montana State Prison for threatening a staff member and other unspecified behavioral problems at the center, a corrections official said Thursday.

The former San Diego Chargers and Washington State Cougars quarterback was charged last spring with breaking into two houses and stealing prescription painkillers near his hometown of Great Falls. He pleaded guilty in May to reduced charges, and his five-year sentence called for spending nine months in a locked drug treatment facility as an alternative to prison.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is sad. To go from being thought an equal of Peyton Manning and a #2 pick to being a drug addict and criminal is one of the saddest fall from graces in sports. This guy had an opportunity to be set for life and threw it all away.

Dude really has just about zero hope to fix himself. I dunno who's worse JaMarcus Russell or this dude.

I don't think they're even remotely comparable, other than they both failed at the NFL level. One was lazy, the other is seriously ****ed up, and is fighting inner demons, and has been in and out of jail.

I don't think they're even remotely comparable, other than they both failed at the NFL level. One was lazy, the other is seriously ****ed up, and is fighting inner demons, and has been in and out of jail.
But both had drug issues and legal problems stemming from those issues. And, I would say both of them suffered from laziness. Of course, Russell had the purple juice, so his was more colorful.

At this point, it's not even close.

Ryan Leaf is threatening people and has been arrested for burglary at least three times since 2009. All I know about JaMarcus Russell is that he was once arrested for possessing codeine without a prescription. If Russell wants to sit around and drink "purple drank" all day then that's his problem. On the other hand, if someone is threatening violence and breaking into homes then it becomes all our problems.

I might be the only one, but I feel sorry for Leaf.

I assume (correct me if I am wrong) that he started using drugs after becoming a household joke. His is know for one thing - being the biggest failure in NFL history. I don't know, that might push me to drug use too. :(

Now, if he started using drugs while still playing . . . then I don't feel sorry for him, but I have never heard that.

Archived