Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shopping list for next year

The Trashman

Not saying I want any of these players but did a quick search and some of the notable free agents will be:

Reggie Bush Jairus Byd Dwayne Bowe

Greg Jennings Wes Welker Osi Umenyiora

Anthony Spencer Jake Long Mike Wallace

Aqib Talib Danny Amendola Kenny Phillips

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Adam Pacman Jones

LaRon Landry Victor Cruz

Polumbus is good, rg3 gets hurt because of his self.

He refuses to go out of bounds or give up on plays. He takes a lot of unnecessary contact thats his own doing.

We could have the best RT in the NFL and it won't matter if he doesn't change the way he plays and learns to throw ball away.

Not saying I want any of these players but did a quick search and some of the notable free agents will be:

Reggie Bush Jairus Byd Dwayne Bowe

Greg Jennings Wes Welker Osi Umenyiora

Anthony Spencer Jake Long Mike Wallace

Aqib Talib Danny Amendola Kenny Phillips

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Adam Pacman Jones

LaRon Landry Victor Cruz

Cruz is restricted.

But I would target Byrd, DRC. Talib, and William Moore.

madoodoo gave up the Robinson td...he needs to be cut in his exit interview tmrw...draft an young stud safety an pair him with merriweather...upgrade the dt's an a speed back that can block an catch out the backfield...I like our young dbs we will have coming back, don't know how many pics will make the roster should make for good competition nxt yr for the 53..

If we pick up two good cornerbacks, I think I'm ok with Wilson, I would love for Hall to drop back with Merriweather (Or someone better that was picked up) Somehow make Orakpo and Kerrigan just full time rushers and Rob Jackson back there with Fletcher and Perry Riley.

I don't really think we need to touch the offense side of the ball except for depth. Maybe an upper tier lineman, but we really don't have any money and we need two safeties. We cannot go on without better safety play. With our ridiculous cap penalty, o line and safety might be the only moves we can make. I hope the Redskins legal team has been working on some miracle way to get our 18 million back this year.

Needs are same as they were pretty much around week 2 or 3 of the season.

Free Safety: Jackson is suspended until next August at a minimum. We need another plan, and a good plan at that.

Right Tackle: Polumbus nor Black nor anyone besides Williams on our roster is a starting RT. Draft one, sign one, whatever, just get one. RGIIIEx.'s statement, if true, makes that the most important thing for protecting RGIII going forward.

Cornerback: Wilson and Hall actually did decently down the stretch, and Crawford and Minnifield might do ok, but something has to be done concerning Hall's contract, and that might involve replacement. Also, a top level corner would help a lot too anyway.

ILB: I love Fletcher, but long term he's not in the cards. The question is if K. Robinson is ready to take over in 2014 or not. If yes, it's less of a problem, if not, we need a guy.

WR is there too, but I'm inclined to roll with what we have for another year. It's important to remember that we didn't have a full complement of starters at any point this year. Garcon was injured in the first game, then before we was healthy again Davis went down. Let Hank and Robinson (and possibly Briscoe) develop another year and see what we have. If they don't develop, then maybe go after someone in 2014.

The only, ONLY way I'm even discussing Fitzgerald is if we could do something like Cousins+3rd rounder for Fitzgerald. One BIG, MASSIVE, 15 MILLION DOLLAR problem there? His contract. It's freakin' HUGE.

Disagree on many points, and many directions, with the OP. My own shopping list taking into account our cap penalties...

First, of the Free Agents from our team I'd say our shopping list should look like:

- - - Fred Davis, sign him to a good but not earth shattering contract if you can. If not, franchise him if the money isn't outrageous

- - - Kory Lichtenstieger, give him a fair contract for 3 to 4 years. He's still young enough and talented enough in this scheme but unlikely to get a ton of attention from other non-zone blocking teams

- - - Lorenzo Alexander, reup this man. Nuff said

- - - Rob Jackson, pay him but be reasonable. Unless you're trading Orakpo, we can't break the bank for the kid.

- - - Chris Baker, resign him for a cheap price. Good depth guy here.

- - - Cedric Griffin, see below in talk of secondary

- - - Sav Rocca, absolutely resign the punter

Second, free agent signings to fill in our positions of need. Specifically, in the secondary...

- - - Free Safety. I think we need to fill Free Safety in FA this year with Meriweather slotting in at Strong, and grabbing "the future" in the draft. This is where I wouldn't mind paying a bit of money. If the Bills don't franchise Byrd, then spend the money to sign him. If not, then I wouldn't actually mind taking a look at Kenny Phillips. I understand he's had some injury history, but I think we could get him at a reasonable price and I believe he could be a good player for us. Louis Delmas could be a third option here.

- - - CB. Hall either needs to be cut or restructured. Either way, we badly need to look for another solid CB. If we keep Hall somehow, we say goodbye to Cedric Griffin. If we cut bait with Hall, try to resign Griffin for a reasonable contract. Not as familiar with the CB market to say who to grab here. Ultimately I'd like our CB corps to look like: Free Agent, Wilson, Hall/Cedric, Crawford, Minnifield, Rookie

- - - RT. Polumbus is up as a free agent. I'd like to see us try and find out if we can upgrade this position, but I put it 3rd behind FS and CB. If we can't find better than Polumbus, try to resign him and let him compete with Hurt and Compton

Third, we have our shopping list for the draft...

- - - Safety / CB of the future. I think we need to take one of these two with our second pick, depending on the BPA for our board between the two. We should spend a pick sometime in the next two rounds to take the other position.

- - - MLB Help. I hope to see Fletcher back, and I like the kid out of Texas, but it may not hurt us to snag another MLB to have our bases covered when Fletcher retires. I would put this within our first three picks as well

- - - O-Line Project. As with previous drafts, grab a late round lineman or two that fit the zone blocking scheme and are good value.

That would be my shopping list of choice. I'm fine with our WR corps and, at most, adding perhaps a project from the draft. Similarly, IF Helu is healthy then I'm fine with our RB situation. Healthy or not, I'd be fine with taking a late round project here as well (and if Helu is NOT healthy, definitely take a late round gamble on RB). I think our O-Line depth is actually pretty good with LeRiebus, Hurt, Compton, and Gettis and outside of Polumbus I'm not massively troubled by our starters.

My one wild card would actually be Rolando McClain. IF the Raiders drop him, then I'd seriously consider seeing if we can woo him over here if Fletcher retires. I think he'll make a better 3-4 MLB than 4-3, and I think getting out of Oakland may help him out a bit in getting his mind right.

Well assuming we can clear some Cap space I would hope they go CB and OT in FA and LB, S, CB, and DE in the draft. We do need a big play WR opposite Garçon and I like Greg Jennings from the Packers. I assuming they'll restructure Moss, Fletcher, Bowen, Coefield, and Carriker freeing up around (20 mil) and cut J. Brown and Hall (15 mil) and we'll carry over 7 million from this year and the cap going up around 2 mil well have at least 15-17 mil to spend but any new FA contracts would have to be backloaded into 2014.

You can't put his injuries on Polumbus. Come on. On both those plays, Griffin could have either gone out of bounds or slid earlier.

Yup...RG3 needs to learn how to slide, get out of bounds or throw the ball away. Im all for making a play, but man, this is ridiculous.

I've watched every play of every game this year and there is just no chance imo that there is a starting safety in this league than Madieu Williams. He is absolute garbage, cannot tackle and is out of position more often than not. I would be overjoyed if I read he got cut tonight. I may literally cry if he is on the active roster next year. Seemingly every time something bad happened to our defense tonight, and for that matter this entire fricking year, he was involved in some way and not in a positive way. I don't think I've been so disgusted or embarrassed to have a player on this team in a while. It is one thing to have a guy be physically outmatched the way Doughty is out there. But to have a guy that has as many mental lapses out there, especially as a seasoned veteran, is just plain pathetic. Never in the right place, trying to tackle Marshawn freaking Lynch by his shoulder pads, etc. Same thing he's done all year. He needs to be ****canned yesterday.

I think we all need to show up at Pizza Hut and tell you how good you are at your job

------the thread is shopping list...not flame ....

The amount of players we're getting back from injury next season is going to make any off-season we have a success. If you think back a year ago today, nearly everyone on ES thought Helu was our stud RB of the future, not too mention we're getting 3 of our better players back on defense in Orakpo, Carriker and Brandon Meriwether. Returning all of those players combined with a few solid signings and draft picks and we should be in a very solid spot going into next season.

The amount of players we're getting back from injury next season is going to make any off-season we have a success. If you think back a year ago today, nearly everyone on ES thought Helu was our stud RB of the future, not too mention we're getting 3 of our better players back on defense in Orakpo, Carriker and Brandon Meriwether. Returning all of those players combined with a few solid signings and draft picks and we should be in a very solid spot going into next season.

And then hopefully we don't get bitten too badly by the injury bug next season.

I think we all need to show up at Pizza Hut and tell you how good you are at your job

------the thread is shopping list...not flame ....

Umm, ok??? I don't work there but if you want to go that's cool. Just better hope Madieu Williams' next job isn't making pizzas because he'll probably send you the wrong one or deliver it to the wrong house or something. Thanks for pointing out the title of the thread to me, I was confused :thumbsup:

Doughty is money against the run but bankrupt in coverage. Hope we keep him for depth and special teams next year.

This is the biggest load of crap.... Doughty was terrible for years.... this year... He played well! He played in every game with a substantial role, and didn't make mistakes..... He isn't exceptional, but he played damn well. This isn't the Reed of old, and people need to stop automatically assuming Reed's a dud if he's in. He was rock-solid.

I said this before the 7 game win streak and I'll say this again: The secondary needs a major overhaul. Seriously need to clean house back there. The big plays just cannot happen. Rob Jackson CAN"T be allowed to walk. They need the talents that Kerrigan, Orakpo and Jackson together. On offense, the RT needs to be solved because Jamaal Brown was an absolute BUST. The rest of the needs I'll leave up to Shanahan & Co.

1. Synthetic field

2. New medical staff (not because of RG3, but because of this list: )

Jammal Brown Physically Unable to Perform hip is on the Physically-Unable-to-Perform List

Domonique Johnson Injured Reserve knee is on injured reserve

Adam Carriker Injured Reserve quadricep is on injured reserve

Chris Neild Injured Reserve knee is on injured reserve

Dorson Boyce Injured Reserve undisclosed is on injured reserve

Brian Orakpo Injured Reserve pectoral is on injured reserve

Chase Minnifield Injured Reserve knee is on injured reserve

Keenan Robinson Injured Reserve pectoral is on injured reserve

Fred Davis Injured Reserve Achilles is on injured reserve

Roy Helu Injured Reserve foot/Achilles is on injured reserve

Jordan Bernstine Injured Reserve knee is on injured reserve

Tristan Davis Injured Reserve knee is on injured reserve

Brandon Meriweather Injured Reserve knee is on injured reserve

Darius Hanks Injured Reserve shoulder is on injured reserve

Kentwan Balmer Out personal will miss the entire season

3. A new defensive backfield.

Just so everyone is aware, anyone mentioning Mike Wallace from Pittsburgh should know that the Steelers failed to sign him long term because he wanted to be the highest paid WR in football. While hes had a so-so year this year, I doubt he has lessened his demands all that much, so he'd probably come with a price tag more than what Vincent Jackson got this season.

Archived