Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meet Sundays Official: Pete Morelli (stats via FoxSports)UPDATED OP With Footballzebras.com Crew info

KDawg

This sucks, but you know what sucks around here? This thread getting one star. This is the second time a really good KDawg thread got low scores, someone is out here trying to nail KDawg, vote now, support one of the best content based posters on this site.

If anything this works in our favor. The linesmen knows everyone knows about their altercation. He also knows if he flags DHall that everyone will assume it's personal... Even if its clearly a penalty. I doubt in the end it means anything at all, but human nature might lead him to actually be more lenient towards Hall.

Not a bad way to look at it. I could definitely see that happening. Either way now, anyone that's aware of this is going to see every penalty as a personal issue between the refs and us even if it is entirely untrue lol. Oh well, one more thing to yell and get the home crowd fired up about.

Bottom line, don't let the officials decide the game. We're playing at home against a team that has to travel the country to get here. They're not a good road team and FedEx may be a real homefield advantage for the first few times in its history. Here's to hoping we make it as big a homefield advantage for us as their place is for them.

This sucks, but you know what sucks around here? This thread getting one star. This is the second time a really good KDawg thread got low scores, someone is out here trying to nail KDawg, vote now, support one of the best content based posters on this site.

I blame John Mara - he is clearly trying to destabilise our better posters!

Pretty sure those votes are based on dislike of the content, not the poster.

Could be. My last two threads got one-starred including the forging steel one where the first 8 posters kept saying "great op"

Doesn't really matter much, but Kdawg's threads especially are usually full of gold.

---------- Post added January-3rd-2013 at 08:26 AM ----------

And yet, every week something fishy or coincidental happens to our organization.

Its not paranoid if theyre out to get you.

Yah, besides, there is no bad time this year or next to say "F" Mara.

I blame John Mara - he is clearly trying to destabilise our better posters!

Well this is twice it has happened and the threads should be voted on based on thread content and not the theme that the thread has taken on. I only say this because of how much work and insight he puts into his threads, I think as a reader I owe him that much. Agree or disagree with his line of thinking is okay but to go around and vote his threads a one is just mean spirited. I am sure he could care less what one mean spirited poster, whom I am sure has had some disagreement with KDawg, really thinks. But I thought I would call the general populaces attention to what I have now seen twice.

I hope I am wrong in this regard but I don't feel wrong bringing it up.

---------- Post added January-3rd-2013 at 08:35 AM ----------

Could be. My last two threads got one-starred including the forging steel one where the first 8 posters kept saying "great op"

Doesn't really matter much, but Kdawg's threads especially are usually full of gold.

Yah, besides, there is no bad time this year or next to say "F" Mara.

Yes again that is true Burgold, so I think we have a hater voter in our midst. Troll or otherwise I am not sure, but someone is out here slamming good content, maybe Mara joined? lol.

We all know the Refs are going to change for the playoffs. It happens every year and last weeks game against Dallas was called like a playoff game. They will let the players play. I would be shocked to see alot of penalties. It just seems like that doesnt happen in playoff games. You can say what you want about the officials but rest rest assured none of them want to be the reason a team wins or loses.

Well the thread now boasts five stars, as it should. Thanks, KDawg, for the rundown on Morelli and crew.

No problem. I actually saw a former ref tweet who the head officials were. So I went and googled him and saw that foxsports keeps stats on these guys. I had no idea. It's actually pretty cool. Obviously, it never gives the whole story, stats never do, but I thought it was worth sharing. :)

Last Sunday's game was beautifully uninterrupted by penalty calls. The game recap shows only two on the Redskins - false start by Trent Williams and Sav Rocca's facemask on the punt return - and one by Dallas - Jason Hatcher's roughing the passer call. All were in the 4th quarter.

Credit goes to the two teams for avoiding dumb penalties. But officials conduct pregame meetings where they brush up on rules, talk about field coverage and postioning, and discuss game management. I'm betting Walt Anderson and crew talked about keeping their flags in their pockets as much as possible and letting the teams play. And with few exceptions, the game didn't suffer at all as a result.

Last Sunday's game was beautifully uninterrupted by penalty calls. The game recap shows only two on the Redskins - false start by Trent Williams and Sav Rocca's facemask on the punt return - and one by Dallas - Jason Hatcher's roughing the passer call. All were in the 4th quarter.

Credit goes to the two teams for avoiding dumb penalties. But officials conduct pregame meetings where they brush up on rules, talk about field coverage and postioning, and discuss game management. I'm betting Walt Anderson and crew talked about keeping their flags in their pockets as much as possible and letting the teams play. And with few exceptions, the game didn't suffer at all as a result.

I agree, I loved the officials backing off. It was a great game which flowed nicely. Very rare for any of our games to be under 3 hours. Only 3 calls in the game and they were all obvious and correct. Wish most games would be like that.

Just tweeted by Rich Campbell

@Rich_Campbell: Dana McKenzie, is not expected to work Sunday's playoff game, source says

Great news for the Skins the NFL did the right thing here.

Good because otherwise the conspiratorial nature of the NFL would have further validation.

Archived