Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Open letter and request to the men of the Washington Redskins

md20j

I was at that last game in seattle there was way more bad than good........I will be in the lot early and at the game and i intend on repaying some of that even if its not the same people....somebodys gotta pay the bill.........if your wearing seahawk gear be ready.............HTTR

Even Ashleigh Miller, a junior at Loudoun Valley High School, wasn't spared from the onslaught, enduring a nasty encounter with one particularly boorish Seahawks fan. "He was right up in my face," she said, her blond braid tucked under a burgundy No. 21 hat honoring the late Sean Taylor, "and I'm only 16!"

Scumbags.

I have been to Leeds/Millwall/West Ham/Chelsea/Birmingham/Swansea - all REALLY bad places for a travelling (away) fan and even at those places you would be hard pressed for anyone of those hardcore element to pick on a 16 year old girl.

HTTR

By all accounts the Seattle fans were particularly bad on that occasion, but my own teenager daughter has been hassled at a Redskins pre-season game for attending with her boyfriend and his grandparents who were wearing the other team's jerseys. No team has a monopoly on drunken classless douchebag fans.

I was at that last game in seattle there was way more bad than good........I will be in the lot early and at the game and i intend on repaying some of that even if its not the same people....somebodys gotta pay the bill.........if your wearing seahawk gear be ready.............HTTR

I'm sorry you went through that, but I sincerely hope you do NOT intend to be a douche. If you are, I hope some other Redskins fans shut you ass up. We don't need that crap here. I wouldn't want violence or anything like that... on the field or off. I just want the 'Skins to shut the Seahawks season down. For me, that would be Karma enough.

JB

Amen.

The Seahawks are a very balanced, confident, and consistent team. On offense they are just like us but on defense they are gnarly. It could get ugly this sunday.

They stop the run and they have a lockdown corner. Nice LBs too. Honestly I consider Washington to be the underdog. I don't know what Vegas says because I don't gamble but Seattle's record would have won our division if they were in it.

Well, its hard to tell if they would have won the East or not, we went 5-1 in the division and they went 3-3 in theirs. Lets look at who they played AZ twice- 5 win team, Rams twice - 7 win team, SF twice - 11 win team, GB - 11 win team (but we all know they didnt really win that game), Carolina - 7 wins, NE - 12 wins, Lions - 4 wins, Vikes - 10 wins, Jets - 6 wins, Miami - 7 wins, Bears - 10 wins, Bills - 6 wins, Dallas - 8 wins.

They finished 3-5 on the road which includes losses at Cards, Rams, 49ers, Lions, Dolphins - two teams with 7 wins, 1 with 4 wins and 1 with 5 wins. Only the 49ers had a winning record. The three road wins were against the Bills - 6wins, Bears - 10 wins and Panthers - 7 wins. The Bills are horrible, the Bears went on that terrible skid and they barely beat them. The Panthers were playing horrible at the time and they barely beat them. Of all the road wins, only one was a blow-out and that was the Bills. And those games happen from time to time. Seven of their opponents had 7 wins or less, one with 8 wins and 5 with a winning record. And one of those teams with a winning record, they really didnt beat cause you cant throw a game winning interception :/

We played the Boys - 8 wins, Giants - 9 wins, Philly - 4 wins twice, then Panthers - 7 wins, NO - 7 wins, Bucs - 7 wins, Falcons - 13 wins, Vikes - 10 wins, Rams - 7 wins, Bengals - 10 wins, Ravens - 10 wins, Steelers - 8 wins, Browns - 5 wins. Six of our opponents have 7 wins or less, two with 8 wins and 5 with winning records.

I like our chances, both teams seem to have played a similar schedule when you break it down, divisions seem somewhat close this year as far as win/loss records. They have two 11 win teams, 7 win team and 5 win team. We have a 10 win, 9 win, 8 win and 4 win teams. The stats I like are they are 3-5 on the road and we are 5-3 at home. Also, they havent won a road playoff game since 1988.

Well, its hard to tell if they would have won the East or not...

I like our chances, both teams seem to have played a similar schedule when you break it down, divisions seem somewhat close this year as far as win/loss records. They have two 11 win teams, 7 win team and 5 win team. We have a 10 win, 9 win, 8 win and 4 win teams. The stats I like are they are 3-5 on the road and we are 5-3 at home. Also, they havent won a road playoff game since 1988.

Out of curiosity, of the road games...how many were early vs. late? Time zone difference isn't so bad for a late EST game...

I don't even know where to start...

Nobody. NOBODY in the Seahawks fan base or media has EVER made fun of Sean Taylor in such a classless way. I think you are full of it!

How does it makes sense for a Seahawks fan to wear a REDSKINS jersey to the game, noneless a jersey with bullet holes?! You're full of it! Please find me just 1 article where the Seattle media pokes fun at Sean Taylor. You won't find any because it NEVER HAPPENED. Just like the Seahawks fans wearing Redskins jerseys with bullet holes at the game never happened.

Go ahead with the insults, nothing you guys say will be a surprise unless you blatantly make it up like you did with this BS Sean Taylor story...

I don't think any of us said the media was classless, just a large chunk of fans at that game.

I was at the playoff game in Jan 2008, I also live in Spokane, WA. I am not lying, and not exaggerating when I say that DOZENS upon dozens of Seahawk fans said the meanest, most classless things any person could say about a dead man. There are many of us on this board who were at the game, and endured the over the top taunting, people trying to fight us etc.

I'm a chick. I had 2 men grab me, shake me around and scream in my face. That was Before the game. Then at the game, more of the same. A grown man was screaming profanities at Mike Sellers 8 yr old daughter, and elderly family members. He wasn't alone. It was dirty, it was uncalled for. I wrote a letter to the Seattle PI, the post and to the team. The team contacted me, and confirmed they had numerous reports of these same kind of incidents, not just mine.

I came back in Fall of 2008, and it was a little better, but not much. Then last season, I had no problems outside the normal yellings of "you suck" type of comments.

I'm sorry but a couple jerks in the stands doesnt speak for all fans. I've been a die hard Seahawks fan 30+ years, I have friends that have been die hard as long as longer, many of them are really close to the organization and no one has EVER heard of fans wearing a Taylor jersey with bullets. Is it possible a couple idiots did this? Sure! But the way its been exaggerated on here is funny like everyone wore them. NFL stadiums stuff happens EVERY GAME. In fact back in 2005 when our team played at Fedex I heard of a bunch of Redskins fans jumping a Seahawks fan on a bus or subway after the game simply for wearing a Seahawks jersey. Am I gonna cry wolf and say ALL REDSKINS FANS ARE CLASSLESS? No. Theres idiots in every fan base, we're no different. Every stadium every Sunday theres drunk idiotic fans.

This was in the local newspaper a couple days ago

http://seattletimes.com/html/take2/2020010620_taketwo28.html

I still havent seen 1 link to an article where our media pokes fun of Sean Taylor dying. I've seen links to message boards and hearsay but no media outlet has ever poked fun of this because it simply never happened.

I lived in Seattle during this loss and demand retribution as well. While I lived in Seattle they ALMOST jumped ahead of Dallas as my most hated team. Those people are drunken animals when it comes to their football and annoying. I too got a "Your boy Taylor got what was coming" on game day. Angering to say the least.

SeanTaylor_zpsd7eb8a27.jpg

The real 12th man.

I'm sorry but a couple jerks in the stands doesnt speak for all fans. I've been a die hard Seahawks fan 30+ years, I have friends that have been die hard as long as longer, many of them are really close to the organization and no one has EVER heard of fans wearing a Taylor jersey with bullets. Is it possible a couple idiots did this? Sure! But the way its been exaggerated on here is funny like everyone wore them. NFL stadiums stuff happens EVERY GAME. In fact back in 2005 when our team played at Fedex I heard of a bunch of Redskins fans jumping a Seahawks fan on a bus or subway after the game simply for wearing a Seahawks jersey. Am I gonna cry wolf and say ALL REDSKINS FANS ARE CLASSLESS? No. Theres idiots in every fan base, we're no different. Every stadium every Sunday theres drunk idiotic fans.

I still havent seen 1 link to an article where our media pokes fun of Sean Taylor dying. I've seen links to message boards and hearsay but no media outlet has ever poked fun of this because it simply never happened.

http://misterirrelevant.com/index.php/2008/01/04/douchebag-columnist-john-mcgrath-accuses-skins-of-exploiting-the-dead/

http://gridironfans.com/forums/washington-redskins/49536-redskins-exploiting-sean-taylors-death.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/05/AR2008010502696.html

You don't read much do you? That last link was on one of the first pages in this thread. Go home troll!

AGAIN. The original post said that the Seahawks media was poking fun of Sean Taylor. No media outlet in Seattle ever did such a thing. You wanna call me a troll for speaking the truth, thats fine. I don't really expect any intelligent conversation in here when everything is based on lies and exaggerations. The fact is every NFL game has idiots in the crowd. If you think all Seahawks fans are classless idiots, fine but at least get the reasons right. You can show me any link you want to message boards and DC papers but the fact of the matter is no one in the Seahawks media ever made fun of Taylor. Were there a couple idiots at the game wearing a Taylor jersey with bullet holes? Maybe, maybe not but to lump together a couple morons with a whole fan base is as short sighted as it comes. So go ahead and call me a troll or other names, won't faze me 1 bit. If you guys win (which I doubt), good job! The best team will win.

Dan, fortunately for you, the News Tribune actually REMOVED the link to the story in one of the links I posted above (gee, I wonder why????). The **** happened. If you don't wanna believe it, that's your prerogative, but DON'T come on here telling us YOU KNOW this **** didn't happen when we know that's not the truth. A lot of people here experienced this crap first hand. Get over yourself already.

The post above is incorrect, bogus, and just plain BS. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

How convenient. The TNT removed the article? LOL I'm calling BS! You simply don't know any of this happened. I would have heard about it or read about it but didnt. I'll tell you and keep telling you that the jersey thing didnt happen like it was explained. You say "Seahawks fans" not "some" did this. Maybe a couple idiotic fans did this but like I said there are idiots in every fan base.

I've been a fan 30 years and yes friends who are older were with the team in 76 before I was born. Hows this hard to understand? I've shown much more respect for you then you have towards me. I havent called people names like you. So call me a troll but I've shown respect while you've shown zero! What does that say? You can say what you want about us but your behavior and comments towards me have shown your own colors... I'm sure you're simply trying to stir the pot but lying about what really has happened is a sad attempt at creating something that doesnt exist..

I guess this is the part where you call me a troll and other names... Thats fine. Show your true colors! At least I don't have to lie in order to stir the pot

---------- Post added January-2nd-2013 at 06:55 PM ----------

I posted this on a blog for loyal Seahawks fans to read, this was their reaction..

That didn't happen. Wow. Classless.
People will say anything to get support. After all, they're in Washington...
I don't remember that at all.

What I do remember is that the week before the 2005 playoff game, in Tampa, Taylor spit in the face of a Buccanneer player, and was fined for it, but was not suspended for the game.

I remember a lot of Seattle fans bringing that up before the game. As it turned out, Taylor was a non-factor - biggest play he was involved in was Darrell Jackson blocking him clear off the field.

That's something I would have heard about happening, and I didn't see it nor hear about it. Just ******** fans looking for motivation in the most classless way possible.
What is this guy talking about?
yea...no kiddin' there were tens of thousands of those jerseys around!! (kidding)
Who is this psycho?
We are all sorry for your loss regarding Sean Taylor. Regarding your upcoming loss this Sunday, well, we are pretty excited about that.
Sean Taylor was a stud.

So say what you want, I think its BS, but if there was a couple jerks wearing a jersey with bullet holes, thats on them, not a whole fan base. And certainly no one in the Seattle media wrote an article poking fun at Taylor being murdered. Go ahead and call us names. I expect that....

Dan, nobody said EVERY Seahawk fan did these types of things. But the bottom line is that these things did happen, whether you or other Seahawk fans believe it.

Either way, I'm done with this conversation. Have fun watching your Seahawks get their butts handed to them at Fed Ex! :D

How convenient. The TNT removed the article? LOL I'm calling BS! You simply don't know any of this happened. I would have heard about it or read about it but didnt. I'll tell you and keep telling you that the jersey thing didnt happen like it was explained. You say "Seahawks fans" not "some" did this. Maybe a couple idiotic fans did this but like I said there are idiots in every fan base.

I've been a fan 30 years and yes friends who are older were with the team in 76 before I was born. Hows this hard to understand? I've shown much more respect for you then you have towards me. I havent called people names like you. So call me a troll but I've shown respect while you've shown zero! What does that say? You can say what you want about us but your behavior and comments towards me have shown your own colors... I'm sure you're simply trying to stir the pot but lying about what really has happened is a sad attempt at creating something that doesnt exist..

I guess this is the part where you call me a troll and other names... Thats fine. Show your true colors! At least I don't have to lie in order to stir the pot

---------- Post added January-2nd-2013 at 06:55 PM ----------

I posted this on a blog for loyal Seahawks fans to read, this was their reaction..

So say what you want, I think its BS, but if there was a couple jerks wearing a jersey with bullet holes, thats on them, not a whole fan base. And certainly no one in the Seattle media wrote an article poking fun at Taylor being murdered. Go ahead and call us names. I expect that....

Actually, I read the link the other day when it was posted here and yes, some radio shmuck said the people with Taylor jerseys should have had bullet holes and blood on them. I'm not a lier.

Dan, nobody said EVERY Seahawk fan did these types of things. But the bottom line is that these things did happen, whether you or other Seahawk fans believe it.

Either way, I'm done with this conversation. Have fun watching your Seahawks get their butts handed to them at Fed Ex! :D

Its almost funny that because of a couple idiots, someone is painting a bad picture of the 12th man... I remember in 2005 hearing a story about a Seahawks fan jumped by a bunch of Redskins fans for simply wearing a Seahawks jersey.. You don't see Seahawks fans whining about it because theres always idiots in every fan base.

Good luck thinking you'll beat our ass, if the Seahawks lose which I doubt, it won't be by a lot.

---------- Post added January-2nd-2013 at 08:29 PM ----------

Let me guess, the 9/11 jokes by your fans didn't happen either when you played the Giants? Please...

I heard about that a couple years ago. That "fan" was ridiculed by every Seahawks fan out there because it was a moronic thing to say... BUT like I said there are idiots in every fan base and I'm ashamed that I'm associated with some, especially the human trash who poked fun at 9/11. That was disgusting!

DanS761, based on the content of your first post, and the fact that you are basically repeating the same things you've already stated on the same matters (not really adding anything new of merit of football content) it is time for you to move on (voluntarily is my preference) and just see how the game goes. You've down what you came to do. :)

And glad to see you call out those 9/11 *******s. That is awful.

Man I was so looking for this. Football is one thing but getting personal is another. How can they disrespect a man's legacy like that. I know that we can't bring Sean back but dammit, when we beat these guys, I know Sean will be smiling.

Trust me, the folks from that old team know how they talked down on Sean and will pleasure is dishing out some whoop ass. Hopefully Ced Griff can channel some Sean Taylor and take somebody's head off. HAIL

Archived