Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Open letter and request to the men of the Washington Redskins

md20j

DanS761, based on the content of your first post, and the fact that you are basically repeating the same things you've already stated on the same matters (not really adding anything new of merit of football content) it is time for you to move on (voluntarily is my preference) and just see how the game goes. You've down what you came to do. :)

And glad to see you call out those 9/11 *******s. That is awful.

Just responding like others have. I have made my point and the bottom line is there are jerks in every fan base, no one fan base bigger idiots then the next... IF some idiot wore a Skins jersey with bullet holes it was a deplorable act by 1-2 idiots.

Of course I don't condone the 9/11 jokes, we might live in Seattle but we're just as American as you! Just saying don't judge a whole fan base, based on some idiot with a keyboard making some appalling statements.. My parents were in NYC during that time and couldnt get a hold of them all day because of the chaos. Anyone who makes jokes about this is a coward.

Dan,

It was two radio DJ's that talked about wearing the jerseys with holes in them. There won't be any print on it out there unless someone wrote about it, and I doubt they would. Whoever your two biggest douche DJ's are will more than likely be the culprit for that. But believe me, that got our attention. We didn't make that up... we played a number of teams between his murder and that playoff game, and nobody said anything about it. Our own NFC East rivals -- and maybe you don't know about how intense those rivalries are between our fan bases in the NYC/Phili/DC megapolis -- were incredibly kind and supportive because they knew that kid, too. But what happened did happen, and no matter how many posts you want to quote from your team's website, or if folks want to call people "psycho" for bringing this back up, but as I said: we've been waiting.

Whatever happens will happen... but we've been waiting for this.

Thank you for somewhat stimulating conversation and at the very least representing one opposing or tangential view. If you wish to continue the conversation, perhaps you could link some stories about how bad our fans were out in Seattle? Or perhaps some news coverage of Seahawks fans being jumped here in DC? Could you say where, as all of our source-documented stories, and even your own in the story you provided, mention specific spots along the way into your stadium that bear out the conditions our fans endured? Some sort of knowledge of our facility would go a long way in helping us believe and value your dissent.

JB

But what happened did happen, and no matter how many posts you want to quote from your team's website, or if folks want to call people "psycho" for bringing this back up, but as I said: we've been waiting.

I often find myself questioning the intelligence of people who post message board forums as sources.

I guess that's what an education will do to you.

Dan,

It was two radio DJ's that talked about wearing the jerseys with holes in them. There won't be any print on it out there unless someone wrote about it, and I doubt they would. Whoever your two biggest douche DJ's are will more than likely be the culprit for that. But believe me, that got our attention. We didn't make that up... we played a number of teams between his murder and that playoff game, and nobody said anything about it. Our own NFC East rivals -- and maybe you don't know about how intense those rivalries are between our fan bases in the NYC/Phili/DC megapolis -- were incredibly kind and supportive because they knew that kid, too. But what happened did happen, and no matter how many posts you want to quote from your team's website, or if folks want to call people "psycho" for bringing this back up, but as I said: we've been waiting.

Whatever happens will happen... but we've been waiting for this.

Thank you for somewhat stimulating conversation and at the very least representing one opposing or tangential view. If you wish to continue the conversation, perhaps you could link some stories about how bad our fans were out in Seattle? Or perhaps some news coverage of Seahawks fans being jumped here in DC? Could you say where, as all of our source-documented stories, and even your own in the story you provided, mention specific spots along the way into your stadium that bear out the conditions our fans endured? Some sort of knowledge of our facility would go a long way in helping us believe and value your dissent.

JB

If it was a couple shock jocks doing this it was classless and out of line! Nobody in Seattle would condone this garbage and lumping together a couple idiots with the millions of Seahawks fans isnt a good indicator of what we represent. We arent very nice, but have morals. I specifically remember going to some Redskins web site and offering my condolences to the Redskins nation. Also remember many Seahawks fans offering condolences and talking about how tragic it was.

I can't provide a link to where a Seahawks fan said he was jumped by a bunch of Skins fans in 2005, I believe I read it in 2005 on Seahawks.net. I'm not mad about it at all because I understand their are idiots in every fan base. You don't have to believe me, I don't care. I forgot this even happened until now.

Popular Seahawks web sight is FieldGulls.com. There also 12thmanrising.com and Seahawksaddict.com. Seahawks.net and fieldgulls.com are probably the best. hawkblogger.com doesnt have a forum, but a very popular site.

Anyways I posted a link to this site in the Seattle Times Seahawks message board and here are the reactions to these allegations.

http://forums.seattletimes.nwsource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=192009&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=80888d7cf3d44ec8d49b2871b8a11863

You guys can believe what you want, I think the original post was exaggerated a little or a lot in my opinion. Maybe trying to pump the fans up? Who knows...

I'm as big a ST fan as many others here. I only wear #21 jerseys. I want to let ST rest in peace without all this 2007/2008 Skins/Hawks memories with talk of revenge or whatever.

Am I still hurt by the why hawks fans treated the situation, yes. But for my own peace I want to let it go...and let ST21's memory from when I saw him play on the field be what I remember...

For this sake I want to let this go as part of conversation for this game and focus on the great game we are awaiting Sunday

The post above is incorrect, bogus, and just plain BS. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

This guy is coming on to our messageboard and opionate what and how we should feel about the most horrific incident in our history. Dude who are to pass judgement on what we feel was ill timed antics for one or a hundred of your fans. When theres smoke theres fire and something on some level probably did happen.

Why don't you go on to another nfc east divisions message board and ask them how guarded we are on this topic. They even know! My first Skins home game was the Bills game right after he passed. It was a funeral like atmosphere. I have good reason for comparison having been to Yankee games right after 9/11 and the moods were similar.

Just let it go before we get RG3 to remove his legs brace and beat Wilson over the head with it.

Hail!

Archived