Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

31 Dec 2012 : NFL Black Monday

killerbee99

Lovie Smith gone, but Jim Scwartz stays.

I don't get what Schwartz was never on the hot seat. His team plays the most undisciplined football in the league and their players are constantly in trouble. It's one thing to play bad football and another to play undisciplined football. Matthew Stafford has regressed at an alarming rate, but Schwartz insists there's absolutely zero wrong with the fact that his quarterback throws off his back foot and side arms the ball on every single passing down.

To each there own. Good luck to the Bears finding a better HC and DC. When you look at the Bears I didn't see a coaching failure but a personnel failure. (And bad luck with Jay getting hurt in the title game a coupla years ago)

To be honest, you could say the same about Andy Reid. But, at some point when you can't get over the hump, you need to make a change. To be honest, I expected Lovie to get the ax last year when Angelo was axed, but apparently it was part of the deal to keep Lovie around.

---------- Post added December-31st-2012 at 12:08 PM ----------

Lovie Smith gone, but Jim Scwartz stays.

I don't get what Schwartz was never on the hot seat. His team plays the most undisciplined football in the league and their players are constantly in trouble. It's one thing to play bad football and another to play undisciplined football. Matthew Stafford has regressed at an alarming rate, but Schwartz insists there's absolutely zero wrong with the fact that his quarterback throws off his back foot and side arms the ball on every single passing down.

Well, remember that it is the same team that kept Wayne Fontes around for years, because he actually produced winning football teams. Never mind that he wasn't a very good coach.

I also think part of it is that the team is still recovering from Millen.

Would only work if they hired a guy to be GM and HC.

Well, unless it is a package deal like we have.

But, you have to remember that whoever is hired as "GM" isn't running the show. It is Banner's show.

To be honest, you could say the same about Andy Reid. But, at some point when you can't get over the hump, you need to make a change. To be honest, I expected Lovie to get the ax last year when Angelo was axed, but apparently it was part of the deal to keep Lovie around.
Their are huge differences starting with the W/L record during Lovie's tenure. Second, Andy Reid makes the personnel decisions Lovie does not.

It doesn't make sense to blame a winning coach for someone elses personnel mistakes.

Their are huge differences starting with the W/L record during Lovie's tenure. Second, Andy Reid makes the personnel decisions Lovie does not.

It doesn't make sense to blame a winning coach for someone elses personnel mistakes.

It is less about blame and more about clearing the palate. Not to mention that a GM would rather go down with his own guy rather than someone else's.

Does Saban get another shot in the NFL? What about Marty?

If Saban comes back, he'll probably end up going to a team with a QB (thinking either San Diego or Chicago). I would be shocked if he decided to leave, he's treated like a king in Alabama. Then again, I did say the same thing about Pete Carroll ...

What have you heard about Lovie?

The Bears should have hired Norv as the OC and kept Lovie as HC.

nothing crazy, I just meant that he could potentially be axed. When I heard that I was shocked, and when I heard he was axed I was equally as shocked.

I bet Lovie Smith is the first of all these coaches to be rehired.

Does Andy Reid get another shot so soon. Or Ken Whisenhunt.

Really? Good coaches seem to get more than they should from the talent they have and it seems like Lovie always did the exact opposite. I'm a little surprised he lasted as long as he did in Chicago.

Archived