Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Foles broke his hand before Halftime...

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Saw it on espn.com, he had a hairline fracture in his throwing hand some time in the second quarter. I was wondering why every once in a while he was throwing a duck, and that's probably why. That's a tough cookie right there, and a rookie. Is he going to be a threat though going forward? I mean, here he broke his hand and still through for over 300 yards. He could've tied it twice and taken us to overtime, I had not choice but to relax and believe we was going to win anyway...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8777723/nick-foles-philadelphia-eagles-broken-hand-michael-vick-start-week-17

I didn't watch his game against the Bengals, but ever since he's played us, it just seems like he's gotten better and better. I don't know how good he can be with their o-line situation, but I think he can be pretty good, especially with the offensive weapons around him. I don't know about a "Threat" though. Probably not right away, but with the right coaching, I think he has the tools to get there.

He doesn't really have to be. That team is loaded with talent and speed. All he has to do is get it to the talent in space, let them make plays. That offense would be great with a more traditional WCO and solid coaching. ETA: and more touches for mccoy

That being said, I have yet to be all that impressed by him, though doing what he did yesterday with a broken hand, that's pretty incredible (and scary for our D).

With a player who part of his family has been trained by this man,

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhc3hGrzoUIZWGKgy_5o0PxmzPMzaxGjMYrHLFyxPmbReb9WhAmQ

And taught a little QB by this man,

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzsfh2MtKy9cXpTrHmXJOBs5ILSS9_s1kdf27XoBZFPtGw-ZKEwg

I expect him to play through pain and keep chuckin' it.

break the wrist, walk away

i don't know if it indicates he'll be any real threat.. he made plenty of boneheaded mistakes in his rookie campaign.

But it does show toughness, and an ability to play through pain and be somewhat effective.

He has a good arm, moves well in the pocket.. good awareness. I'll give him that for now.

~Bang

Patrick Ramsey showed toughness too. Just saying there is more to playing QB than being tough.

True, true.

Foles has shown some ability. but he's a rookie. he's also shown some mistakes We'll see.

Clearly he's the 4th best QB in the division and will remain so unless he drastically improves over the next few years.

~Bang

I dunno about him threatening the NFCE, but I do know the last thing the Gnats wanted to hear is that Vick will be starting against them, in what's sure to be his last chance at a highlight reel, and getting paid next year!! :yes:

it will be interesting to see how they use vick this week. I am guessing we will see a lot of zone read/option plays like the redskins run. The giants cannot stop the run right now. I am thinking Vick is going to have a pretty decent game since like you said he will be playing for a paycheck next year.

He doesn't really have to be. That team is loaded with talent and speed. All he has to do is get it to the talent in space, let them make plays. That offense would be great with a more traditional WCO and solid coaching. ETA: and more touches for mccoy)

Those are my thoughts...the eagles were winning matchups all over the field but execution was killing them.

Patrick Ramsey showed toughness too. Just saying there is more to playing QB than being tough.

Foles has shown a hell of a lot more awareness in the pocket than Ramsey ever did though. If Ramsey had ever learned to slide in the pocket he wouldn't have needed to be nearly as tough as he was.

Archived