Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most dreaded postseason stadiums?

RichmondRedskin88

I WAS THERE at Qwest Field when Marshawn Lynch made the "Beast Mode" run against the saints (I was living in Seattle at the time). Never have I experienced anything like that. Its the most memorable moment I've ever had at a sporting event in my entire life. Probably the loudest noise I've ever heard. I pray the Redskins never have to play there in the post-season.

The Seahawks crowd was so loud during Marshawn's run, they triggered a minor earthquake in downtown Seattle

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/10/marshawn-lynch-touchdown-seahawks-earthquake_n_806940.html

Holy smokes that's insane!!!! That is the true definition of the 12th man. The way they built that stadium, makes it so that all the noise bounces off each wall.

I'd rather be the best team in the division when the rest of the division is actually good. The same way it was back in our "glory days." I want to be able to brag about our team being at the top of the best division in the NFL... not like the Eagles of the past decade when they kept winning and the rest of the division hovered around 5-11 and 7-9. Plus I think it'll be more satisfying to say "I sent you home!", instead of "you don't even get to play in January!"

I agree. One of the things that makes our 3 sweet was that we were one of the best of the best. Fans of other teams can't whine about us taking advantage of a down period in the NFC East, During the Eagles dominance of the NFC East, I could always point to the fact that most of the NFC East sucked at that time and trash that the Eagles were just the least sucky team. To a much lesser degree, same goes for the Giants in recent years although its not as strong because the Giants did win two SBs against the Pats (but anybody can beat anybody in a single game). Dallas' 60s domination is also made a little less by the lack of competition.

Hands down Seattle and Chicago.

If we make the playoffs as a wildcard, I don't want us going to Seattle again. I'd rather win the division and has those chumps come here. Same with Chicago. But man, oh man, if we win the division and have a home playoff game, I can guarantee we won't lose that first game. Don't matter who it's against.

I can agree with that, going on Skins history. But, if we are just talking about any random stadium for any random team I'd have to give it to Seattle or Green Bay.

Seattle is a tough place to play during the regular season much less a playoff [ or paloff ] game.

70,000+ drunk fans screaming at the top of their lungs, in a stadium designed to hold sound, and to be honest, they've got a decent QB themselves, with no disrespect to RGIII.

Not that we play there, but the Orange Bowl had a pretty negative effect on opponents; but thats prob cause they knew Shula was disguised as a dolphin with frickin lazers swimming in a tank...

For us, it's Seattle. As well as them having home field. Baltimore going all black in the stands isn't easy to look at either. New England...ehh, been there. Their fans have really come to expect this ****, and if something goes wrong they're kind of like "**** it, switch the coordinators and try again". The only thing they do is play Thunderstruck 30 times a game, and everyone says "First Down!".

I wouldn't be too fond of the idea of playing up at the new Giants stadium. And probably Arrowhead.

Seattle is a tough place to play during the regular season much less a playoff [ or paloff ] game.

70,000+ drunk fans screaming at the top of their lungs, in a stadium designed to hold sound, and to be honest, they've got a decent QB themselves, with no disrespect to RGIII.

Not that we play there, but the Orange Bowl had a pretty negative effect on opponents; but thats prob cause they knew Shula was disguised as a dolphin with frickin lazers swimming in a tank...

that was because it was hot most of the year, and the Dolphins always chose to wear white uniforms. And still do to this day. ; )

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 01:09 PM ----------

Seattle is a pain in the ass. I obviously think we'd be able to handle them with our new offense... but our defense would have a hell of a time with it.

I went to the game up there when we played in 2009 I believe. Zorn was the coach and Seattle was mad at Snyder for all of the bruhaha for Zorn. The fans were so nice going in, but coming out, after they'd lost... was a different story all together.

Also, any dome stadium... especially in the colder cities (Indy, Minny, Detroit) would be a pain... cold cities with domes have some weirdos that show up to the game. And they are always nice and lathered up from the tailgate.

I'd rather be the best team in the division when the rest of the division is actually good. The same way it was back in our "glory days." I want to be able to brag about our team being at the top of the best division in the NFL... not like the Eagles of the past decade when they kept winning and the rest of the division hovered around 5-11 and 7-9. Plus I think it'll be more satisfying to say "I sent you home!", instead of "you don't even get to play in January!"

Well, you don't get style points for beating anyone in your division in the playoffs. I'd rather beat the best teams in the "conference" then the division. That's a better indicator of where you stand in the NFC. I witnessed the glory days. Some have really over glamourized that time. Beating someone outside of our division didn't minimize our 3 Lombardi's. Here is who we beat on the way to our three SBs:

1982- Detroit, Minnesota, Dallas (1 NFC East)

1987- @ Chicago, Minnesota

1991- Atlanta, Detroit

So this mistique that we beat up on our division on the way to our Super Bowls is just fable. I want to beat the best also, whether or not it's in our division. Yes, the Eagles kept winning division titles, but ultimately they have nothing to brag about without a Lombardi. I don't want any of our division rivals anywhere near the playoffs, but that's just me.

Well, you don't get style points for beating anyone in your division in the playoffs. I'd rather beat the best teams in the "conference" then the division. That's a better indicator of where you stand in the NFC. I witnessed the glory days. Some have really over glamourized that time. Beating someone outside of our division didn't minimize our 3 Lombardi's. Here is who we beat on the way to our three SBs:

1982- Detroit, Minnesota, Dallas (1 NFC East)

1987- @ Chicago, Minnesota

1991- Atlanta, Detroit

So this mistique that we beat up on our division on the way to our Super Bowls is just fable. I want to beat the best also, whether or not it's in our division. Yes, the Eagles kept winning division titles, but ultimately they have nothing to brag about without a Lombardi. I don't want any of our division rivals anywhere near the playoffs, but that's just me.

I'm not necessarily saying that I want to face them in the playoffs (though I'm not scared of them), I'm just saying I want to be the division winner of an actual competitive division.

And in 82-83, the Skins, Cowboys, and Cardinals made it to the playoffs. In 87, the Cowboys, Eagles, and Cards were all one win away from making the playoffs. In 1991-92, both the Skins and Cowboys made it. The Eagles were 10-6, and the Giants were 8-8. We weren't just good and would make it to the playoffs cause the rest of the division stank, we were the best out of the best division in football.

Notice that everyone is mentioning stadiums up north? The weather has more do with this discussion than the stadium itself or the team associated with it.

And half of Seattle's advantage is location: east coast teams invariably suffer from the long plane ride and then on top of that get subjected to the loud crowd et al.

My vote goes to GB just cuz it's the most likely place to freeze your balls off.

Seattle has an incredibly loud atmosphere but don't let that tell the whole story. Visiting teams going West all the way up to Seattle can take a little gas out of their tanks come game day.

---------- Post added December-15th-2012 at 01:28 AM ----------

And probably Arrowhead.

I could be wrong but I don't think KC will be reaching the Super Bowl within the my lifetime LOL (watch them make it in 2 years now that I said that).

Well I would get to go to the game if it were in Seattle, so I wouldnt mind that at all.

- Ive gone the last 2 times we played there and we won them both. There are a lot of skins fans over in this area. The last couple times there was burgundy and gold all over in the stands there. We represented well!!

HTTR

I just looked it up, the only playoff game that the Seahawks lost at Qwest Field was against the Rams in 2004. But it looks like the Rams just had their number that year because it was the third time they beat them...

So by looking at that, I am going to say that we should answer the question like this.

Most dreaded home-field in division, and most dreaded home field outside division.

In division, I think I am going with the Eagles. The other two stadiums have too much going on.

Outside division, it is easily Seattle. I didn't think that it was a bad place to play until they beat the Saints that year. That is when I realized that they have a trap house.

I just looked it up, the only playoff game that the Seahawks lost at Qwest Field was against the Rams in 2004. But it looks like the Rams just had their number that year because it was the third time they beat them...

That was the game where Bobby Engram dropped a TD pass from Hasselbeck at the very end of the game. Guys were dropping passes all over the place in that game. Darrell Jackson was their number one receiver back then, and I think he was out. They could've won that game as well.

So by looking at that, I am going to say that we should answer the question like this.

Most dreaded home-field in division, and most dreaded home field outside division.

In division, I think I am going with the Eagles. The other two stadiums have too much going on.

Outside division, it is easily Seattle. I didn't think that it was a bad place to play until they beat the Saints that year. That is when I realized that they have a trap house.

I do have to agree with the Linc. That place SUCKS to walk into. It's just filled with the blood fueled anger of fans who celebrate the existence of no accomplishments. I got to be honest though, in recent years the Redskins have had a multitude of success in that stadium. 05,07,08,10, They're disrespectful human beings that have nothing better to do then hate. I actually feel like if they won a Superbowl, that whole city would calm the hell down for about 20 years.

And in regards to the Seahawks, look what the hell they did with the replacement refs. That place is ****ing cursed! I wonder how much that technology costs to create roofs like that for FedEx. But I think Seattle is built with a ton of sound design in their end zone area's as well.I feel like if you combined a FedEx crowd with a Seattle stadium, we could make it louder.

I know for a fact we have at least a top 5 passionate fan base. I think it's a lot closer to 1, sticking around the Steelers and the Packers (with a lot of those core fans being old as hell). It's really hard to rival Pittsburgh in terms like these, as so many of them have explained it to me; "There's really nothing better to do over there other than go to sports games". So I'm glad we have better things to do, but also make time for our passions around here.

telling ya....say what you want about fedex, redskins fans, the way they've acted at some games (KC Zorn, booing Rex preseason)...it is going to be loud and ****ing crazy when RG3's playing a home playoff game. It's been louder this year than practically every other year of fedex combined.

that is an interesting note in this thread- should we make the playoffs, Seattle could be the team and the location should be huge...but I'm still not that scared of @SEA this time. Rg3 hasn't been phased yet, and in case we forgot, in this offenses FIRST GAME they had a system in place to deal with crowd noise at the superdome (some way of lineman looking/tapping each other) and it worked beautifully. I swear, most of our false starts are RG3 faking his own line out, which they've gotten noticeably better at throughout the year. They handled dallas/thanksgiving/national tv, and the unfortunate # of opposing team fans at big home games (which changes once we're a playoff team). And then, of course, there's the fact that people just like RG3 and are in awe of him ;). We're going to hear RG3 chants in opposing stadiums,

Feel really good about how insane our home crowd will become, and how confident/dominating our offense can be in hostile environments. They already have been.

telling ya....say what you want about fedex, redskins fans, the way they've acted at some games (KC Zorn, booing Rex preseason)...it is going to be loud and ****ing crazy when RG3's playing a home playoff game. It's been louder this year than practically every other year of fedex combined.

that is an interesting note in this thread- should we make the playoffs, Seattle could be the team and the location should be huge...but I'm still not that scared of @SEA this time. Rg3 hasn't been phased yet, and in case we forgot, in this offenses FIRST GAME they had a system in place to deal with crowd noise at the superdome (some way of lineman looking/tapping each other) and it worked beautifully. I swear, most of our false starts are RG3 faking his own line out, which they've gotten noticeably better at throughout the year. They handled dallas/thanksgiving/national tv, and the unfortunate # of opposing team fans at big home games (which changes once we're a playoff team). And then, of course, there's the fact that people just like RG3 and are in awe of him ;). We're going to hear RG3 chants in opposing stadiums,

Feel really good about how insane our home crowd will become, and how confident/dominating our offense can be in hostile environments. They already have been.

The Redskins haven't beaten the Ravens in 12 years - fixed.

The Redskins haven't won on Thanksgiving ever - fixed.

The Redskins haven't won on MNF in YEARS - fixed

He's been fixing a lot this year. I don't think he would mind fixing Seattle.

Archived