Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick RG3 update (next person to speculate on how much time he will miss without any kind of real knowledge will miss time of his own) (merged)

TK

Wish y'all would stop with the missed time estimates. Nobody's gonna know until he gets an MRI. If it's ligament damage, which is a huge concern given how the knee bent, we won't see Griffin until next year. :(

A sprain, particularly of the MCL/LCL variety, would likely not keep him out more than a game, if that. I HIGHLY doubt he has a tear, considering his ability to weight bear and even step back out onto the field. No way do the trainers let him ambulate around if he's got suspected ligament tears (and they would know). Now, there could be meniscal damage given the spinning motion he did when he threw the ball before going out the last time. That would require surgery and would potentially keep him out all year, but there shouldn't be any long term effects. We really dodged a bullet here, I do believe.

Wish y'all would stop with the missed time estimates. Nobody's gonna know until he gets an MRI. If it's ligament damage, which is a huge concern given how the knee bent, we won't see Griffin until next year. :(

Exactly.

They say it's a sprain for now, because they know it's at least that bad. We'll probably find out if there's a tear some time tomorrow.

no MRI yet, so they might be wrong about it just being a sprain.

Damn.

They ought to have an MRI machine at the stadium

Tell me about it. I feel so numb right now. I just want their to be amazing news like a damn ultra-minor sprain or even a really bad bruise. I know it might be unrealistic for it to be just that, but why is our realism full of tons of terrible news?

Sorry, I'm rather emotional about this right now. Lol

RG3 runs helter skelter, legs splaying left and right = recipe for damage to his legs. He runs like a gazelle so there is always a chance for injury to his prized legs.

Hope it's a sprain and he can play in a couple of weeks or so.

They're always "sprains." Even the season ending kind are severe sprains. This said, I wouldn't be surprised if he survived this one pretty well. He's flexible, so hopefully that helped him right now.

RG3 runs helter skelter, legs splaying left and right = recipe for damage to his legs. He runs like a gazelle so there is always a chance for injury to his prized legs.

Hope it's a sprain and he can play in a couple of weeks or so.

He was diving forwards towards the ground dude. How he runs was meaningless in this situation.

A sprain, particularly of the MCL/LCL variety, would likely not keep him out more than a game, if that. I HIGHLY doubt he has a tear, considering his ability to weight bear and even step back out onto the field. No way do the trainers let him ambulate around if he's got suspected ligament tears (and they would know). Now, there could be meniscal damage given the spinning motion he did when he threw the ball before going out the last time. That would require surgery and would potentially keep him out all year, but there shouldn't be any long term effects. We really dodged a bullet here, I do believe.

It's possible to walk around on an torn MCL/LCL, but you'll be able to do essentially zero lateral movement.

Have to think he is going to be alright fellas. They would NOT let him walk back onto the field if they suspected serious injury. He would of been wrapped in ice and bandages and not allowed to walk. probably and mcl sprain or less with a hip pointer also. I hope I am right, my non MD thoughts though. I will be walking on pins and needles til tomorrow but at the same time confident he will be ok. Waiting for the post game presser. Go Saints!

It's possible to walk around on an torn MCL/LCL, but you'll be able to do essentially zero lateral movement.

It's possible, but they aren't going to LET him. That's my point. The field tests are going to show the kind of laxity in the joint that lets them know something is badly wrong and they're going to immediately immobilize him and take him to the locker room. He isn't going to go back out onto the field if he's got some kind of severe MCL or LCL tear. They would never let him.

Archived