Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick RG3 update (next person to speculate on how much time he will miss without any kind of real knowledge will miss time of his own) (merged)

TK

Have to think he is going to be alright fellas. They would NOT let him walk back onto the field if they suspected serious injury. He would of been wrapped in ice and bandages and not allowed to walk. probably and mcl sprain or less with a hip pointer also. I hope I am right, my non MD thoughts though. I will be walking on pins and needles til tomorrow but at the same time confident he will be ok. Waiting for the post game presser. Go Saints!

I really don't trust the training staff, so I think anything is possible at this point, sadly.

He was diving forwards towards the ground dude. How he runs was meaningless in this situation.

his right leg went up as he rolled so it hit the diving DL. If he's just kind of crumpled into a ball it wouldn't have happened

MRI is the proof, everything else is speculation. Yes you can walk on torn ACL, and he had a massive brace on at the end of the game. The pictures speak for themselves...

However, usually MCL/ACL come together when knee gets hit from the outside. This hit was from the inside (knee bending the opposite way), so it may be the LCL in question. No question that the team is greater than one player, but I am not happy to continue the season without the guy, meh.

Hope this question isn't inappropriate.... but...

If this turns out to be serious (fingers crossed that it isn't) and Robert came off the field, then went back in only to come back out. Will there be ramifications from the league regarding our medical staff and handing of the injury? I can't recall a situation quite like this before.

Whatever happens, we learned 2 things today. 1. Griffin is a warrior. If there were any questions before today, they have been answered. He is one tough SOB and I couldn't be more proud. 2. Cousins has ice water in his veins. He is capable. The offense will be different, but he can operate.

Proud of both of these players today.

Cleveland is dangerous. I believe they have won 3 in a row? Someone confirm quickly.

Cleveland sucks. And I'm not trying to be dismissive or anything. They forced 7 turnovers against the Steelers and won by like a point. They beat KC, but so did everybody else. With a clean, well-played game, we can beat them with Cousins.

MRI is the proof, everything else is speculation. Yes you can walk on torn ACL, and he had a massive brace on at the end of the game. The pictures speak for themselves...

However, usually MCL/ACL come together when knee gets hit from the outside. This hit was from the inside (knee bending the opposite way), so it may be the LCL in question. No question that the team is greater than one player, but I am not happy to continue the season without the guy, meh.

Dude. NO ONE is going to let him back out there with a torn ACL. They would know. That isn't the direction that the ACL resists translation of the tibia in, and a simple Lachman's test would have told them immediately that the instability was too great for him to return. I saw them performing the tests on him on the sideline. If they saw laxity in that direction he would have been full leg air cast immobilized and that would be that. I'd bet my house it's not an ACL tear.

A sprain, particularly of the MCL/LCL variety, would likely not keep him out more than a game, if that. I HIGHLY doubt he has a tear, considering his ability to weight bear and even step back out onto the field. No way do the trainers let him ambulate around if he's got suspected ligament tears (and they would know). Now, there could be meniscal damage given the spinning motion he did when he threw the ball before going out the last time. That would require surgery and would potentially keep him out all year, but there shouldn't be any long term effects. We really dodged a bullet here, I do believe.

if he has a meniscus tear, he wont be the same runner.

Gosh that looked really bad on the replay. The thing that really bothers me is it looked like the Ravens player was going for Griffin's legs when he was already down. It looked dirty to me.

I shouldn't be surprised, teams have been trying to hurt him in every game we play. It is pretty obvious that defenses want to take him out of the game even if it means late hits and unsportsmanlike conduct. RG3 has dodged a lot of bullets this year, but he could not dodge that one.

Here's hoping it was not as bad as it looked.

rg3hurt.gif

Looks to me (PT student) like just a hyperextension, maybe grade 1 sprain of ACL at most. I wouldn't think it's a grade 2, but it could be.

Grade 1 may be able to play next week depending on how it feels. If he does, he might be playing with a brace on.

Dude. NO ONE is going to let him back out there with a torn ACL. They would know. That isn't the direction that the ACL resists translation of the tibia in, and a simple Lachman's test would have told them immediately that the instability was too great for him to return. I saw them performing the tests on him on the sideline. If they saw laxity in that direction he would have been full leg air cast immobilized and that would be that. I'd bet my house it's not an ACL tear.

It looked more like it was a dislocation with the type of movement the leg had. It was a painful looking play. Wife almost threw up when she saw the replay. Looked bad

Hope this question isn't inappropriate.... but...

If this turns out to be serious (fingers crossed that it isn't) and Robert came off the field, then went back in only to come back out. Will there be ramifications from the league regarding our medical staff and handing of the injury? I can't recall a situation quite like this before.

Thanks chris! Another thing to look forward to think about in the morning. Lol

UGH! I'll take that damn fine all day if it means RG3 is ok.

I love having smart ppl on the board lol

Thanks for the analysis

Can't you apply for the Skins and Wizards training staffs?

Archived