Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody Worried about Kyle and a Head Coaching Gig?

Murphs56

Cutler may be old enough that he'll be set in his ways. (ie McNabb) I would think that he would want to go to a team that is ready to draft and groom a QB

Cutler had his best years and cut his teeth in the NFL in Mikes offense which is still the basis for what Kyle runs. There is not a QB in this years draft I would feel comfortable spending a high pick on and building my offense around.

I would love to know how much of this offense is Kyle, how much is Mike. Since we are not at practice or seeing how they handle themselves at work, we dont know if Mike and Kyle worked togther on the piston/option stuff or if mike said "I trust you, work your magic". Kyle could be alot more valuable to our offense then we know....that being said if Mike has more say then we know of and was sitting in those rooms making up this offense too then having Mike would be fine.

The commentator on CSN Sportstalk with BMitch last night said he thinks Kyle will be the Skins HC in 2013 with Mike moving to the GM slot. Not sure what that would mean for BAllen (president?). This wasn't an "insider information" comment, more of a "things I expect to see in 2013".

Anyway, interesting comment that had BMitch agreeing would happen.

Would be less than ideal. Mike Shanahan isn't known for his personnel decisions.

Who do you think has been making the personnel decisions so far?

Mike Shanahan. I know we are having a good year but he basically wasted his first two seasons here with poor decisions. Also the same thing that got him canned in Denver. I'm not saying it can't be done but history has shown us that Mike Shanahan is a questionable when it comes to making personnel decisions.

There is a rumor that the Skins want to extend Mike Shannahan. If that's the case, wouldn't Kyle start to get a little anxious, especially if his stock is at an all-time high?
No because who is going to be Kyle's QB on his new team? He is coaching a QB right now that is about to change the game,crush Records and get Rings. He might be the head coach here one day.

Mike Shanahan. I know we are having a good year but he basically wasted his first two seasons here with poor decisions. Also the same thing that got him canned in Denver. I'm not saying it can't be done but history has shown us that Mike Shanahan is a questionable when it comes to making personnel decisions.

He made two poor decisions. McNabb and Brown. The reason we were so bad the first two years was because the previous administration left us with no depth. He has been very good in the draft starting in his final 2 years in Denver and every year he has been here.

I don't know about that, Fuzzy. In an article I read the other day, Shanahan was quoted as saying, "We have cut over 150 players since I got here and only 1 is a starter on another NFL team (Rogers)." So, basically, he had to gut the roster of players that were unable to start (or for most, sign) with another team to get where the team is today. Lots (most?) of the players on this roster are a result of his decisions. Obviously, credit needs to be given to the scouting department & BAllen. But make no mistake: this is his roster.

By my count, there are 11 players left on the roster he inherited. Plus 2 from the 2009 Practice Squad: Rob Jackson & Darrel Young. And by my count, there are 8 other players from that roster that are still in the NFL (I would correct Shanahan's above comment by adding Rinehart, Dockery, Suisham, & Landry as starters on other NFL teams). So of the 53 on the current roster, Shanahan added 40 of players.

We all (well, certainly myself & many others on this board) have questioned a lot of the player moves that have been made since he got here. But seeing this team running on all cylinders it's pretty obvious he is a decent judge of talent.

I'm hoping we can (finally) build some continuity around here and solidify the foundation. That's been a hard thing to do with this team, even Gibbs 2.0.

I'm encourages by the very young core of talent and the FO decisions thus far.

Very exciting! Would love to see Kyle continue his success in DC.

:ols:

Be that as it may (I'm with you there!), I don't think Mike would put Kyle in a situation to feel anything negative. I think his overall long-term goal is to be our president while Kyle becomes our head coach.

If he keeps demonstrating consistently innovative playcalling and the ability to adapt his O-playcalling to his opponents, I hope you are right.

I'm reading all on twitter from Rich Campbell, Grant , etc that he is definitely excited/eager to interview for HC vacancies after we win the super bowl. << - see what I did there?

Open up the checkbook danny.... We can't let him slip. He can takeover for Mike after his tenure is done.

What were his poor decisions in 2011? I see a pretty solid draft in 2010 and 2011, and a phenomenal one in 2012. He did well in 2011 Free Agency. Cofield, Bowen, and Wilson were all good pickups. We gave away very little for Tim Hightower and Gaffney, who were solid contributors for us.

---------- Post added January-3rd-2013 at 02:09 PM ----------

Never mind Kyle - I just saw tweets that Morocco Brown (our Director of Pro Personnel) is interviewing for the Arizona GM job.

Damn, hopefully his scouting system he's helped install here has someone ready to replace him.

---------- Post added January-3rd-2013 at 02:10 PM ----------

@ESPNRadio980

Kyle says "yeah, definitely" about wanting to be a HC, "I'm looking forward to having that opportunity" after the season to talk to teams

Blah, I was seriously worried about that. I hope he only goes to someplace that's A) in the AFC, and B) isn't a disaster.

Figured he would interview, doubt he's hired. Great offensive mind at this point, but I don't know if at 33 he could lead a football team (especially when times get tough- see McNabb). More importantly, I don't think other teams would think that. Give him a few years and absolutely yes. I'm optimistic he'll be back next year.

Archived