Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am SOOO PROUD of this team right now!!

Commander PK

Man, what can you say? Seriously, what can really be said at this point.

This is without question the best I have felt as a Redskins fan in YEARS. Specifically, since 2005. A month ago, this team had EVERY SINGLE REASON in the world to pack it in. They have a horrible loss to one of the worst teams in the league on their "homecoming" day. They are 3-6...the media was crucifying their coach for talking about evaluating players for the future. Everybody is down, the coaches, players, fans. Everybody is hurting. The bye week comes and goes, and they come back and in and hunker down for the last half of the season.

Where do we go from here?

Well, this team has answered that question with a resounding straight the **** up is where we go from here. This team has lit FIRE since that game.

Blow out Philly at home, Beat Dallas in Dallas on Thanksgiving, then come home to beat one of the best team's in the league...the defending Super Bowl Champions at home when you were THREE AND SIX just a month ago.

Awesome just awesome. My hat is off to the team. You have made us proud guys. I know you would say that the job isn't done, and you're right it's not done yet, but thanks for not throwing in the towel. Thanks for being men and meeting the challenge head on. Thanks for getting the wins, and thanks for keeping the faith.

Hail to the Redskins indeed.:point2sky

this is very possibly the greatest three-game stretch in redskins history. beating the eagles, cowboys, and giants in 3 consecutive weeks? including games on thanksgiving AND monday night f'n football, both historically tragic situations? impossible. impossible. cannot happen. and yet this team made it happen. there is NOBODY in this league this team is not capable of beating. the giants are the reigning champs. they just came off trouncing the packers, who went 15-1 last year. NOBODY is out of our league right now. we are the team to beat and rg3 knows it.

Whether or not we make the playoffs this season, this three game run has no doubt changed things. If you don't think Kyle Shanahan is the **** at calling plays I dont know what to tell you. The guy is using RGIII's talents perfectly right now, and he has defenses on their heels. Garcon makes an epic comeback which makes the WR corp complete. Overall, this team is headed in the right direction, and with 7 draft picks and a free agency period where guys WANT TO SIGN BC OF RGIII ...

Watch out.

Those first round picks mean nothing to me. Starting safety in round 2 is a given.

There seems to have been a shift in the earths axis or something because tonight, for the first time is a couple of decades (and yeah, I remember that far back), with the game on the line , I thought we could win this. And he deilvered. They delivered.

HTTR. Today is a good day.

HTTR.

Its crazy how in one year our team has done a complete 180 and were relying on our OFFENSE to keep us in games. I still cant believe how much the defense stepped up and got the sack on Manning right when we needed it most. As great as the offense was it was the defense that really overperformed today. I was pleasently suprised i hope they can keep it up!

Ps i love how every time fletcher makes a mistake he comes back and lights up someone on the very next play. That hit was VICIOUS!!! Dude was pumped up today and you could tell it was rubbing off on everyone else

I'm especially proud of the defense... they gave up big plays and third down after third down in the first half and the third quarter, but they locked it down. And when we got the ball back with just over 3 minutes on the clock, the Skins channeled the Hogs and pounded the Giants away (along with a clutch pass to Pierre Garcon from RG3).

There seems to have been a shift in the earths axis or something because tonight, for the first time is a couple of decades (and yeah, I remember that far back), with the game on the line , I thought we could win this. And he deilvered. They delivered.

HTTR. Today is a good day.

HTTR.

It's funny. I'll still say "well, this is where we **** up and do XXX" in years past I've totally believed it and everything terrible that could go wrong did go wrong. This season however I don't believe it anymore. We're not that same **** up team. We might have been a little bit at the start of this season but something happened after that bye.

Everyone was pissed off when Mike Shanahan said we were basically playing to evaluate talent. Critics said "how could he be saying something like that to the media???" players said they weren't happy about it. My thoughts were: good, you shouldn't be happy. Maybe if you give a damn you'll use that statement as motivation and turn this thing around. 3-0 We're not halfway there yet. 4 games are left and we need to finish 4-0. 10-6 is the target. I think this season 10-6 will win the NFC East. We have the Ravens and then a couple of creampuffs. We need to take care of business down the stretch 2005 style.

Fletcher played like he was possessed tonight. If you would've told me we would only score 17 points I wouldve no doubt expected us to get killed. The D really stepped up when it needed to. I'm eating servings upon servings of crow after I was freaking out about the D in the first half.

:giantsuck: :giantsuck: :giantsuck: :beavisnbutthead:

The D really stepped up when it needed to. I'm eating servings upon servings of crow after I was freaking out about the D in the first half.

The bottom line, is that the D while not without it's flaws is playing much better ball over the last three weeks. This is indisputable. There may be a time, when it becomes time again to talk about change at the top on the defensive side of the ball, but right now you have to give Haslett, his defensive captains, and all the players their due credit. Can it continue? We'll see, but considering the ridiculous number of injuries they suffered, to be playing the kind of ball they are playing now is nothing short of heroic.

Its crazy how in one year our team has done a complete 180 and were relying on our OFFENSE to keep us in games. I still cant believe how much the defense stepped up and got the sack on Manning right when we needed it most. As great as the offense was it was the defense that really overperformed today. I was pleasently suprised i hope they can keep it up!

Ps i love how every time fletcher makes a mistake he comes back and lights up someone on the very next play. That hit was VICIOUS!!! Dude was pumped up today and you could tell it was rubbing off on everyone else

Its crazy that he is 38 and still this good. He is too good to be true. Him and Griffin and Morris(He redeemed himself by closing out the game. Powerful running all night long)

Proud is a great word and I agree wholeheartedly. IDK what else to say, or even if anything else even needs to be said. I have never been this excited, proud or optimistic as a 29 year old Redskins fan.

It's nice to FEEL something when we're playing on Sundays. For so long, I was just watching the games, cheering for my team, but nothing like now. Now, I'm screaming, I'm jumping/running around the room, I'm still anxious and nervous, but I'm EXCITED.

Remember that feeling when you just knew we were gonna give it away in the 4th quarter? Where would we just lay down and punt a 2 possession game, or make multiple costly mistakes down the stretch and just make it as difficult as possible for ourselves? I almost don't wanna say this, but I truly believe it... I think those days are over and we're proving that right now, w/ this 3-game winning streak. A huge indicator is us ending the game w/ our offense on the field tonight. We closed this game out--that's what good teams do and I can't remember the last time we did that in any meaningful game.

I was literally high off this win, still am a little... which is probably why this post is a jumbled mess. I miss that and I almost feel sorry for any fanbase who has forgotten what it's like--whether it's from being perennial winners OR losers. I'm making a promise to myself not to take these feelings for granted, winning feels good.

I was literally high off this win, still am a little... which is probably why this post is a jumbled mess. I miss that and I almost feel sorry for any fanbase who has forgotten what it's like--whether it's from being perennial winners OR losers. I'm making a promise to myself not to take these feelings for granted, winning feels good.

I'm with you bro. One of the biggest natural highs in a while. I just feel good. We should all feel GOOD right now. Savor these moments, because they have been few and far between in recent years. Our time has come again, I really feel that. We are on the right track.

We took it to the NFC East. The entire NFC East.

Really blows that the Packers couldn't get it done last week, but whatever. We just need to keep our heads down and keep on moving.

Agreed. This team just has to continue to take care of it's own business. The past is the past this season. They can't get those early losses back, but what they can do is control right here, RIGHT NOW Keep fighting, leave NOTHING on the field.

OMG, this has all been worth it!! 20 years of horrible teams, I still wore my Redskin shirt and rooted hard for them every Sunday, only to be disappointed over and over again. Now watching this team, it was all worth it, all the bad years, bad QB's, bad coaches, bad players, because now we have a winner, great players, great coaches, a team we can be proud of and the other thing, I believe it will be the Giants and Redskins that will be battling for years to come for the NFC East and we have their freaking number!!! HTTR!!!

We took it to the NFC East. The entire NFC East.

Really blows that the Packers couldn't get it done last week, but whatever. We just need to keep our heads down and keep on moving.

I thought this at first too, but this'll just make us play as if our backs our more legitimately against the wall. I love to see it. We're handling the pressure. I'm thinking if we keep this "excel when everything's on the line" attitude up for the next few years, we can be perennial super bowl contenders when we have a team that gets us to 13-3 consistently.

I know that myself and every other redskins fan out there probably took a look at this portion of our schedule at the beginning of the season and collectively cringed. It seemed we had all of our big division games all within a couple of weeks and that usually spells doom if your a card carrying member of the redskins franchise.

I must say it has been an absolute honor to see this team knock down all of the division opponents and making a statement to everyone in the NFL. And to quote Independence Day the movie, "WE WILL NOT GO QUETLY INTO THE NIGHT.........WE WILL NOT GIVE UP WITH OUT A FIGHT. WE ARE GOING TO LIVE ON!!!"

Archived