Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedEx Field Nicknames

E33Green

First and foremost, this is not the thread to express how much you hate FedEx Field. That has been discussed ad nauseum on here and if you wish to continue that discussion please post in one of the several hundred threads dedicated to that topic.

The fact of the matter is that the Redskins will be at FedEx Field for another 20-30 years unless Snyder sells the team to Bill Gates or someone else similarly rich. Since we will most likely be there for the long haul, I would love to see a fan generated nickname that everyone can can the stadium instead of the corporate "FedEx Field." I'm thinking something along the lines of "The Big House", "The Horseshoe", "The Big Sombrero", "The Frozen Tundra", etc.

I know some people still refer to it as Jack Kent Cooke Stadium, I also heard "The Big Jack" used in the late 90's. Then suddenly, last night, it hit me: the perfect name for the Stadium with a great double-entendre related to our FedEx sponsorship.

Imagine the ESPN intro for Monday Night Football tonight, followed by an aeriel view of FedEx Field. You hear Tirico say:

"We are coming to you live from THE BIG PACKAGE in Landover, Maryland!"

How great would that be? Find me a single red blooded American that wouldn't chuckle every time he or she heard that. Other suggestions are more than welcome.

HTTR

i love the idiots who complain that the team should move back to DC. RFK was a dump. people only liked it because we won there. thats it. if we won at fedex people would love it

FedEx is crap. It's a huge pain in the ass to get to unless you live pretty damn close and actual experience is terrible. I don't think most people want it to move back to RFK, we want a new stadium in DC...

Archived