Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider Article: The Future of Robert Griffin

terpskins10

Great article. I just hope he can back up the hype on the national stage. I would hate for him to not look his best on MNF.

Ok Eyeore, He already did it on Thanksgiving in Dallas. Accept the greatness you are witnessing.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2012 at 08:33 AM ----------

Excellent read.

It stands to reason that as he ages his legs will become less of a factor.

Luckily for him AND US, his arm is golden, and can carry the team as well, so his legs are a weapon of luxury. That is a great feeling.

Great point, his arm is crazy accurate and that would be enough. He is Steve Young 2.5.

I think the "Vick 2.0" label carries too much of a negative connotation. When I see that term I think of a QB with Vick's unprecedented athletic ability at the position with the passing ability of an elite QB.

When I think "Vick 2.0" I imagine the best athlete in the NFL who isn't dumb as a box of rocks.

Great point, his arm is crazy accurate and that would be enough. He is Steve Young 2.5.

Young is probably one of the best comparisons to RG3, definitely not Vick.

Young was accurate, smart, and could use his legs if he wanted to. Sounds just like Rg to me.

I feel like the best point the author makes is providing the context about the percentage of short throws that are a part of every decent NFL passing offense.

But I also believe the author missed the point about RGIII's playmaking ability and he was still somehow conservative in his praise. It's his single most important and special quality and it's presence is immediately obvious to anyone who watches him. RGIII has a unique ability to frequently turn negatives into positives. He is a genius when it comes to that kind spontaneous decision making and execution. There is nobody else in the NFL like that. Probably never has been. It's only a matter of time before he's the best football player in the league.

If RGIII became just Aaron Rodgers, that would be him underachieving. RGIII is a rich man's Aaron Rodgers talent-wise. People around here have been saying that since last year (DG in particular). It's nice to see the national audience catching on to this comparison, but this guy is still a bit behind the curve.

Once again another good article about our young QB.

Had a cowpuke fan come up to me after the Thanksgiving game, and tell me that he wouldn't want Robert as his teams qb. Didn't think there was a leader there. All I could do was chuckle to myself and think, and this is coming from a cowpuke fan who has Romo sits to pee as his captain. REALLY? I mean come on give credit where it is due. This young man has taken to the NFL like a fish to water. Now if we get a good RT in the offseason, and can get all our receivers both healthy and teach them how to NOT drop passes, our offense next year is going to be something to watch. Although in my eyes it already is.

And SWFL is exactly right he has already been on center stage for a big game. Thanksgiving Redskins vs. dallas, didn't check but pretty sure the ratings were probably through the roof.

HTTR

midgets suck!

Young was accurate, smart, and could use his legs if he wanted to. Sounds just like Rg to me.

Absolutely. I think RGIII as he matures and gets a team around him will become even more Young like, running only when really needing to.

When I see "GOAT" my mind automatically thinks of Michael Jordan. It's fitting because I think Griffin will be come the Jordan of the NFL. Aside from bringing in new NFL fans like Jordan did for the NBA, his playing style is aesthetically pleasing, electrifying, and dare I say dominant.

Been telling my friends this since the 76 yard run. He is going to be the Jordan of football.

I feel like the best point the author makes is providing the context about the percentage of short throws that are a part of every decent NFL passing offense.

But I also believe the author missed the point about RGIII's playmaking ability and he was still somehow conservative in his praise. It's his single most important and special quality and it's presence is immediately obvious to anyone who watches him. RGIII has a unique ability to frequently turn negatives into positives. He is a genius when it comes to that kind spontaneous decision making and execution. There is nobody else in the NFL like that. Probably never has been. It's only a matter of time before he's the best football player in the league.

If RGIII became just Aaron Rodgers, that would be him underachieving. RGIII is a rich man's Aaron Rodgers talent-wise. People around here have been saying that since last year (DG in particular). It's nice to see the national audience catching on to this comparison, but this guy is still a bit behind the curve.

Agree with every single word of this...

"But, but, but, he's not black! Therefore he CAN'T be compared to anyone else!" - Ignorant wannabee football fans and morons.

Great read. I love and hate the fact that Redskins nation is getting so much publicity. In the past, this usually meant something bad was going to happen. I guess we'll have to get used to it, and just know that this kid is changing everything. Not only is he changing the game, but maybe he's changing our luck, and for once we can get some national publicity without the drawbacks.

Once again another good article about our young QB.

Had a cowpuke fan come up to me after the Thanksgiving game, and tell me that he wouldn't want Robert as his teams qb. Didn't think there was a leader there. All I could do was chuckle to myself and think, and this is coming from a cowpuke fan who has Romo sits to pee as his captain. REALLY? I mean come on give credit where it is due. This young man has taken to the NFL like a fish to water. Now if we get a good RT in the offseason, and can get all our receivers both healthy and teach them how to NOT drop passes, our offense next year is going to be something to watch. Although in my eyes it already is.

And SWFL is exactly right he has already been on center stage for a big game. Thanksgiving Redskins vs. dallas, didn't check but pretty sure the ratings were probably through the roof.

I read the Thanksgiving game had the largest TV audience for any NFL game this season. I would disagree with the article in regard to the part that said,the receiver corp had fallen apart.By and large the recievers have done pretty well,Robinson has emerged,Moss has re-emerged,Garcon has had a major impact in 2 of the 4 games he's played in,Morgan has been solid,and others have made contributions.

When they say he's thrown 75% of completions 10 yards or fewer, does that mean 75% are plays of 10 yards or fewer? Or that the ball travels fewer than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage in the air? (i.e. ball could go 9 yards in the air then YAC of 20 more)

I think it's the latter, so when RG3 throws 8 yds downfield to Garcon and Garcon runs 70 yds for a TD, in their stats it's an 8 yd pass.

Still, it is Griff and AlMo's running threat that pushes the LBs forward and opens up those crossing routes for big gains. Furthermore the bombs to guys like Aldrick et al show he's got a great deep ball.

Archived