Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

5 Year Anniversary of Sean Taylor's Death: RIP #21

brandymac27

Great player. big loss both as human and player.

that said - time to move on - the best way to honor him is to give out 21 to a player on the field and let him carry on... he didnt accomplish enough to warrant a retirement... save those for 7, 44, 81 & 28.

I agree with everything you said. It was fun watching that great era of safeties all in their prime, Taylor, Reed, Palomalu, Sanders.

But I always thought the retiring his number business was a little much.

I toyed with the idea of posting this, primarily because I'm in the camp with letting the departed rest in peace.

My wife used to work at Georgetown with a Redskins team doctor. (He resigned shortly after Joe Gibbs retired) Dr. D. took Sean's passing very hard. He had been with Sean since 2004 and had seen Sean mature into not only a good football player, but also a fine young man.

Sean had gotten into some trouble earlier in his career, but had done a 180 after Jackie was born. Sean absolutely adored that little girl and would've moved heaven and earth for anything she needed/wanted. Sean's happiness was evident Redskins Park, the dude was always smiling, it's almost like he found that one missing piece in his life.

Sean's death goes way beyond football, this travesty involves the loss of a son, brother, father, fiance', and friend.

The news on Sean Taylor's death broke the morning of my grandfather's funeral. I was in such a state of shock to have just lost him that I was almost numb to it all. In retrospect, it was probably the single lowest point of my life to that time... and I often think of how different my life would have been the last five years if I had Pappy around and ST playing on my favorite team of all time. Who knows?

RIP Bill Agnew

RIP ST21

If anyone just saw ESPN a few minutes ago, they did an amazing feature on Sean's life. Had great never-before-seen photos and videos of Sean. loved the video of his in-awe face in the delivery room when his daughter was born. Had interviews from Snyder, Portis, Cooley, Antrel Rolle, Ed Reed, and a very emotional and candid Santana Moss. Love that man's heart for this team and Sean.

Hopefully someone can record it if/when it airs again.

RIP Sean

This video explains the greatness,Never Forgotten..Skins are the best fans in the NFl, and this proves it. Look at how much love that we have for our own Sean Tayor! I'm so proud to say im a part of a fan base that treats their players like family Hail Yeah!

RIP ST21 so glad I got to chance to meet you once, I'll never forget that experience so chill and down to earth.#HTTR

---------- Post added November-27th-2012 at 12:56 PM ----------

:(

Fantastic though.

I guess we owe Portis alot of credit He was a mian plug in getting ST21

RIP ST but its time to move on and give the number to other players.

I disagree with you. Me, personally never want to see another player in that number again. Let ST21 rest in peace! Having another player in that number will only bring up more memories,and probably hate from the fanbase to the other player if that player doesn't live up to be as great ST21 was. Why can't we just give him the respect that Boston gave Lin Bias(who never played a single gm) ? After Lin's passing they never had another player have that number. We will do the same,Im so glad That Danny will never listen to a fan who shares your same opinion. Dan has it right..and Im sure other star players can appreciate what he has done for ST,and I'm sure that other stars can respect playing for the burgany and gold because od the class Dan has handled the ST21 situation. Never Forgotten is what we say here in Redskins town and we mean that ST21 will never be forgotten in this fanbase. ST21 will forever be apart of this team,just wait till we when the Superbowl people will still bring him up. You'don't believe me? Go to a Skins game, More 21 jersey in there than they are RGIII, go to your local gas station in DC/MD People will bring up ST21.. Just saying I respect your opinion,but your ****in and complaing is not going to change a whole fanbase. Skins fans have made ST21 forever on this team sorry,but my advise to you is to just sit back and enjoy the memories #HTTR

We saw last year with OJ, he would not touch that # he wore his whole life. No one would be that disrespectful

Four years after is probably not a good idea to be on the good side of the fanbase/organization. But in 2020, I mean, really, are people going to get in a fuss over it? Probably nowhere near as much. Time gives people perspective. I don't think ESPN did anything for Derrick Thomas' death in 2010 for the decade anniversary and I doubt they'll do anything for the 20th of Reggie Lewis' death in several months. But that doesn't mean people don't think about it. Someone can wear #21 and it's not a knock on anyone's legacy.

He's already in the Ring of Fame. Not all #21's are the same. OJ wearing it is OJ wearing it. It's not the #, it's the name above it, and the name in the ring around FedEx Field. It's the memories that define him. 10 other people could wear #21 in the next century of skins football but they will not be mistaken for Sean Taylor and they are certainly not attempting to take his place.

The biggest shame is some punk kids played thief and took a father etc. away.

Four years after is probably not a good idea to be on the good side of the fanbase/organization. But in 2020, I mean, really, are people going to get in a fuss over it? Probably nowhere near as much. Time gives people perspective. I don't think ESPN did anything for Derrick Thomas' death in 2010 for the decade anniversary and I doubt they'll do anything for the 20th of Reggie Lewis' death in several months. But that doesn't mean people don't think about it. Someone can wear #21 and it's not a knock on anyone's legacy.

He's already in the Ring of Fame. Not all #21's are the same. OJ wearing it is OJ wearing it. It's not the #, it's the name above it, and the name in the ring around FedEx Field. It's the memories that define him. 10 other people could wear #21 in the next century of skins football but they will not be mistaken for Sean Taylor and they are certainly not attempting to take his place.

The biggest shame is some punk kids played thief and took a father etc. away.

Sorry I highly disagree. But were done with this.

Archived