Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RGIII is the 2012 Rookie of The Year! The Official RGIII Rookie of The Year Watch Thread

Boss_Hogg

[/color]

The one that matters the most to any football team. The W's. Specifically how many more W's they have now with him onboard. Coupled with the fact that they are making a playoff run...he has to be in serious contention.

But heres the thing... If the Redskins defense didnt suck, if they were just average, RG3 would have won us the Giants game and Bengals game alone, very possibly more. Its not RG3s fault that our defense sucks. We would be at least 6 and 4.

I'm not dismissing that they have Reggie Wayne, but the one main thing that's changed from that last placed team last year is Andrew Luck. And look a them now. You can have Reggie Wayne as your wide out, but it still takes talent to get the ball to him. Luck has shown that he has that talent. Now, would RG3 do better if he was in Luck's shoes? Possibly. That still doesn't negate anything that Luck is doing.

I disagree with you saying "the one main thing that's changed from that last placed team last year..." The big thing that has changed for the Colts from last year, and I really don't hear many people talk about it, is that this year they are not in the "suck for Luck" mode. If they needed to go 0-16 last year to get the 1st pick, do you think they would have won a single game? Once they had the first pick, they won a couple. They weren't a good team last year, but I am sure they didn't put in their best effort on many occasions. Yes Luck is very good, but with everyone trying a little harder, that will also account for more wins this year vs. last year.

Doug Martin: 1,000 rushing yards 7 rushing TDs 5.1 YPC; 319 rec yards 1 rec TD; 1 fumble lost; Buccaneers are 6-4.

If Doug Martin is in the running, then maybe Alfred Morris should be too. Martin had 1 GREAT game that changed his stats totally. If Morris has 1 similar game 251 (against the Cowgirls please!) and 4 TDs, then Morris will have 1,120 yards and 9 rushing TDs after we thump the Cowturds. Martin would need 120 yards and 2 TDs just to catch up to Morris.

I know it is unlikely Morris will have such a game, but Martin won't have another game like that either. So, lets hope it becomes a four horse race, right Skins fans?

If Doug Martin is in the running, then maybe Alfred Morris should be too. Martin had 1 GREAT game that changed his stats totally. If Morris has 1 similar game 251 (against the Cowgirls please!) and 4 TDs, then Morris will have 1,120 yards and 9 rushing TDs after we thump the Cowturds. Martin would need 120 yards and 2 TDs just to catch up to Morris.

I know it is unlikely Morris will have such a game, but Martin won't have another game like that either. So, lets hope it becomes a four horse race, right Skins fans?

Take away that Raiders game and Doug Martin would be on the same pace as Alfred Morris.

251 yards and four touchdowns against the Raiders.

There is one major problem with Luck that is hard to ignore because EVERY QB is judged by it. Passing touchdown to Interceptions. He's got 12 TDs and 12Ints and that's not even good let alone RoTY numbers. His completion percentage is also below the 60% where good NFL QBs are expected to be. Perhaps in an average QB class Luck would be leading the way but Griffin is putting up numbers that are nearing pro bowl worthy, not just good among rookies.

Griffin has 16 TDs to 4 Interceptions. An excellent ratio though the TD number is below that elite level. Manning, Brady, Rogers, and Brees each have 24 or more passing TDs. Griffin is already in the elite level in completion percentage (over 66%). He also has 6 rushing TDs and over 600 yards rushing at a great YPC rate.

Statistically Griffin is destroying Luck. One is having a good year for a rookie, the other is having a good year for a NFL QB.

Archived