Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Making Moves: per @john_keim

Krusheasy

What I want to hear is that Pierre Garcon is ready to come back at full speed. We need him desperately, and Shanny seemed unsure he'd even be ready after the bye week. What an incredible disappointment that has been. He looked like a potential beast early on.

What I want to hear is that Pierre Garcon is ready to come back at full speed. We need him desperately, and Shanny seemed unsure he'd even be ready after the bye week. What an incredible disappointment that has been. He looked like a potential beast early on.

Wouldn't say it's so much a disappointment as it is just plain bad luck. If Garcon was known to dog it at times, or to be a malcontent, I'd raise my eyebrows. But he's a great competitor, fierce blocker, and even gave as much as he could in the one game he played after the injury.

Players get hurt for large chunks of the season all the time. It just so happened that one of the guys we had get hurt was our biggest FA signing and a guy we were counting on. Sucks, but I think he'll be back and fine for next season at worst.

Garcon himself reportedly doesn't sound optimistic so I've all but given up on him for this year

Garcon himself reportedly doesn't sound optimistic so I've all but given up on him for this year

some tweets out there today, For what it is worth, did not sound encouraging. Hope they are wrong.

Tarik El-Bashir ‏@TarikCSN

Garcon said his foot is better, but not good enough. Acknowledged season ending surgery is still a possibility. #Redskins #RedskinsTalk

some tweets out there today, For what it is worth, did not sound encouraging. Hope they are wrong.

Tarik El-Bashir ‏@TarikCSN

Garcon said his foot is better, but not good enough. Acknowledged season ending surgery is still a possibility. #Redskins #RedskinsTalk

Good Lord. I started the season feeling pretty good about our receiving corp. Now, with the injuries and the guys we DO have out there, it's once again one of the worst in the league.

I just don't see how any team can win with this roster, no matter how good the "schemes" are. The dearth of talent on this team continues to be maddening.

(And yeah, i just used the word "dearth.")

why so serious man?

We all want him to succeed but acquiring him has turned out to be a mixed bag (being generous there).

Besides we make jokes about every player lol

Haha. I'm not trying to be overly serious, and I'm all for player jokes from time to time.

It's just a huge pet peeve of mine when guys are legitimately injured and we somehow twist that into "this guy sucks/is soft/has no heart". See, Pierre Garcon. Some guys get injured, and it's not like they wouldn't rather be healthy and playing at a high level. Here we have a ProwBowl left tackle, and I feel like some people would rather him go on IR in a week just so they can make funny remarks on ES.

It's kinda like this whole Shanny mess from the last couple of days. Fans that didn't want him here, etc. can't wait to post about how right they were, blah, blah, blah. Any way you cut it, we would be in a lot better shape if big Jammal can pull this off. I'm not really expecting him to, but I'm pulling for the big fella.

why so serious man?

We all want him to succeed but acquiring him has turned out to be a mixed bag (being generous there).

Besides we make jokes about every player lol

The problem is, they aren't just "jokes". If it was all about shiznits and giggles, it wouldn't even be an issue... but, man, the hate some of our players get for being hurt. It even started a little bit with Garcon, with people calling him soft and whatnot. The posts are clearly made in anger, and have little to do with joking.

We should be able to laugh about weaknesses in players, the problem is, those weaknesses are what is taking so seriously and the players are destroyed for it when 90% of the time it's not their fault. Guys like Haynesworth and McNabb deserved our ire because they came here and didn't give it their all... but guys like Doughty shouldn't be bashed because he clearly is trying his best and he's all thrusted into a starting job when he's meant to be depth. Same goes for Brown. We act like he wants to be hurt.

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 02:30 PM ----------

Haha. I'm not trying to be overly serious, and I'm all for player jokes from time to time.

It's just a huge pet peeve of mine when guys are legitimately injured and we somehow twist that into "this guy sucks/is soft/has no heart". See, Pierre Garcon. Some guys get injured, and it's not like they wouldn't rather be healthy and playing at a high level. Here we have a ProwBowl left tackle, and I feel like some people would rather him go on IR in a week just so they can make funny remarks on ES.

It's kinda like this whole Shanny mess from the last couple of days. Fans that didn't want him here, etc. can't wait to post about how right they were, blah, blah, blah. Any way you cut it, we would be in a lot better shape if big Jammal can pull this off. I'm not really expecting him to, but I'm pulling for the big fella.

Well said, Alvin... I wouldn't have posted a response had I seen yours. :)

Well, if Brown is healthy, he's probably better than Polumbus, but that isn't saying much.

How can anyone argue that Brown is not better than Polumbus? He's a ProBowl left tackle.

IF he is healthy and can play at a high level, he will not only beat out Mr. Polumbus, but he will acnhor the right side of the line. I think people forget how good he was pre-injury. He was one of the best linemen in the NFL.

How can anyone argue that Brown is not better than Polumbus? HE WAS A ProBowl left tackle.

IF he is healthy and can play at a high level, he will not only beat out Mr. Polumbus, but he will acnhor the right side of the line. I think people forget how good he was pre-injury. He was one of the best linemen in the NFL.

Fixed it for you. So was Jim Lachey. It doesn't mean he should play on Sunday. Its an ENORMOUS assumption that Brown is going to be at a pro bowl level now.

I think the case with Brown is that he tried to play way before he was ready because the team desperately needed him. As a result he's been injured. I hope that he doesn't rush back and that he can still play at a high level. The real question is how does everyone feel the Polumbus has been doing?

I think he has been better than expected.... A bit better than average....

I never thought he was ever that good for us.

Anyone know how he's been ranked among other right tackles since he has been here?

IIRC he was either slighty worse or even with Polumbus last year. Imo he doesn't bring much to table except an improvement at swing tackle that will make Jordan Black dissappear.

Archived