Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2nd Place in the Division Is Still wide open.

DubMoney

2nd place just means a tougher schedule next year. Although I'd rather have the Rams get a 13-18 pick instead of 4-7.

I for one would gladly exchange an easy schedule for a harder one. We stand toe to toe with winning teams but can't beat the bottom feeders. So bring on the harder teams, atleast then I can expect the loss.

I shudder to see how the defense does against Vick. That's 2 games that I can't see the Redskins winning. We couldn't even beat the Panthers so the game against the Browns isn't a guaranteed win. It's a possibility that we could make it to 2nd in the Division but realistically our team isn't good enough to win the tough games. And there's no chance that we'll beat the Ravens.

2nd place would be better than last place.

Sure, it's not 1st, and we wouldn't make the playoffs, but there is a certain morale boost to ending the season ahead of the Cowboys and Eagles.

Unfortunately, playing the way we did yesterday we won't get anywhere close to 2nd place.

i think if we win against Philly we could ride that momentum into the Thanksgiving day game and beat Dallas 4 days later. Yes, that's a big if but I think its possible and would put us at 5-6

Yeah if we win those two it completely changes our outlook. It is a big if, but I'm hoping.

i think if we win against Philly we could ride that momentum into the Thanksgiving day game and beat Dallas 4 days later. Yes, that's a big if but I think its possible and would put us at 5-6

Don't really see that happening. Andy Reid's under fire and his team loves him. Our team can't seem to be disciplined enough to even avoid false starts...

Don't really see that happening. Andy Reid's under fire and his team loves him. Our team can't seem to be disciplined enough to even avoid false starts...

I'm not so sure about that, he looks fed up and ready to skip town, the players don't appear that there will be any love lost once he goes.

After watching that game last night it seems like he's lost his players like Shanny did here.

The defense may very well get a sack or two against Philly. Their line looked HORRENDOUS. I'm not expecting anything BUT am holding out hope! The Giants do, historically, flounder the 2nd half of the regular season. Good thing most of these game are against divisional teams, too...

I'm not so sure about that, he looks fed up and ready to skip town, the players don't appear that there will be any love lost once he goes.

After watching that game last night it seems like he's lost his players like Shanny did here.

I don't know. Vick and Reid are tied at the hip - if Reid goes, Vick's getting dumped.

That aside, I hope for a real game plan against the Eagles in two weeks and, most of all, some effin' discipline. I always thought Shanahan was a discipline guy, but the number of penalties this season are ridiculous.

2005 and 2007 disagrees with you.

While I agree with you that those two seasons produced season ending momentum, I don't care that Redskin fans bring these two playoff appearances up as if they were gold. They were garbage as far as my standards are concerned. There was a time when wild-card or divisional round losses were looked at as a failure around DC. Now we look at these as some holy grail.

Sorry, didn't mean to say you were wrong, but I just get irritated at the mere mention of these two seasons that to me were basically aberrations for an otherwise crappy 21 years.

While I agree with you that those two seasons produced season ending momentum, I don't care that Redskin fans bring these two playoff appearances up as if they were gold. They were garbage as far as my standards are concerned.

I wish it were another way too. But if you look at it one way, if Brunell doesn't get a helmet on the knee vs. was it during the Eagles game(?) we might have won the whole damn thing.

2007 was a result of us NOT benching Campbell soon enough to get homefield.

Neither year was great but it was bad luck and coaching that put us behind the eight ball and prevented those from being really special years (NFC Title game or better.)

I'm disappointed because I think this year should have been better than it has been. I think we all did once we had a good start.

Archived