Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2nd Place in the Division Is Still wide open.

DubMoney

Browns O-Line is solid. Our pass rush is not. That is why Weeden had all day in the pocket.

Teams in their division have stout front 7's. Our linebackers are good. But outside of Ratliff our front 3 is garbage.

Their D-line is solid. Our o-line is not. That's why we couldn't run.

Their secondary is trash. Our receivers are not. We found a weakness in the 4th quarter and finally exploited it.

It's that last comment here that really scares me coming into Thursday. I do think that Morris should be able to exploit some runs early on just based on having to be honest with Robert in the game, but I don't have a whole lot of confidence in our secondary to shut down Bryant and Austin.

One other thing towards you DM29. It's nice to see a Cowboys fan acting decent for a change. Not the typical expected response that I have grown use to getting from most of their fans where I'm at. Quite refreshing.

The real frustrating thing, as you kind of alluded to, is the division is just about as weak as it's ever been and is there for the taking. I just don't see that we're ready to step up and meet that challenge as we currently stand.

This is true, but I don't think that the Eagles or Cowboys are getting significantly better over the next couple years. Eli still has some good years left for sure, but eventually they will lose their QB too. I think the next 2-4 years is our window to string together some division titles due to 1) Griffin and 2) the decline of at least 2 of the other 3 teams.

---------- Post added November-19th-2012 at 01:59 PM ----------

Two keys. Pretty simple, honestly.

Can we contain RGIII? If RGIII has time to pass (like last week), he can shred our secondary. We are much improved from years past in the secondary, but we're still allowing an Average of 90.3 QBR per game. If we can force you guys into 3rd and long situations, then we can drop our guys back and hopefully force you guys into some turnovers.

We give guys like Weeden, Wilson, Cutler, all day to throw. Those guys can't run. Robert will!!!

Key factor - Bruce Carter. The kid runs a 4.4 40 time. You will be amazed at how fast he can close on the ball carrier. He may spy (well, try to!!) Griffin on thursday.

For Dallas, we have to start fast. The previous two weeks, we came out flat and stunk the joint up in the first half. We cannot start slow on Thursday. The Skins will score!!! If the Browns were an above average team, they could've went into the half at least 21-0.

We make tons of adjustments in the 2nd half and find ways to win these games. With the speed of RGIII and our lack of pass rush, it could too late for us to make 2nd half adjustments. The Skins could blow it wide open early.

We all know, this game will likely be decided by 3 points or less.

Fun fact for you - Dallas has only turned the ball over 1 time in the past 3 weeks. Romo sits to pee is also 21-3 in the month of November.

Also, Tyron Smith being out is huge. We're starting a guy for the 1st time ever at LT!

Good luck this week Fellas.

So, basically, we need another superhuman effort by our young franchise QB. I tend to agree. I would be pretty excited if we get deep into this game and have a shot.

Best of luck to you too, man.

If Philly beats Dallas in Philly next week, then we will be playing for second place within the division coming off the bye. the New York Giants will fold!! Trust! that team is cooling down...was never really that hot. The Giants will lose to CINCI! they will lose to Green bay. We could possibly be playing for the division.lead by the time we play the Giants on Monday night football. THE NFC EAST is still WIDE OPEN!! 8-8 can win the divison this year.

11/11, @Cincinnati, 1:00 tickets

11/18, BYE

11/25, GREEN BAY, 8:20 tickets

12/3 (Mon), @Washington, 8:30 tickets

12/9, NEW ORLEANS, 4:15 tickets

12/16, @Atlanta, 1:00 tickets

12/23, @Baltimore, 1:00 tickets

12/30, PHILADELPHIA, 1:00 tickets

Believe!!!!!

Archived