Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider - NFL looking into official’s conduct as part of probe of DeAngelo Hall incident (Updated 11-10, Rich Tandler article)

SWFLSkins

I don't understand why everyone is freaking out on the ref. Refs yell/argue with players/coaches in every sport. Remember that classic clip of Earl Weaver and that umpire? I was at the Drexel Men's Basketball game last night and clearly saw the ref standing up to Bruiser Flint on numerous occasions.

The refs don't have to stand there and take abuse. They can yell back. They just can't lose their minds, As long as the ref didn't say anything racial or crazy like that, I see no problem

It's not that D-Hall yelled at a ref and the ref yelled back.

It's what the ref said to D-Hall.

I can tell you he wasn't exactly inviting him to get a burger after the game. Possibly a lynching, though.

How cool would it have been to have Shanny throw the challenge flag and hear the referee announce the challenge over the P.A. "The Redskins are challenging the ruling on the field that referee McKenzie isn't an *******."

Yeah, yeah, I know it wouldn't really happen, but still.....

agree to disagree. I have never blown up on an athlete but no, I do not let them talk any kind of way to me.

No ref does.

It's cool man, I don't usually disagree with what you post

In this case a player suplexed Hall right in front of the ref, he didn't blow the whistle, Hall asked him what was up with that, then the ref said something that clearly agitated Hall and now has the NFL investigating it, AND this same ref has been investigated prior for conduct issues AND this same ref put his hands on Hall.

There is a way to keep order on the field as a ref w/o agitating players or having your conduct called into question and w/o putting your hands on a player. I didn't see our players abusing the refs up and down the field all day anyways, but if players are mouthing off there are professional ways to handle it, none of which were exhibited by this ref, and lo and behold he has prior issues of misconduct.

This may be nothing and I didn't think it was worthy of any kind of new thread, but...

@rich_campbell : Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall had a profane, non-physical confrontation with a reporter today & had to be restrained by DBs coach Raheem Morris.

@rich_campbell : More to come on this story...

nevermind what I said earlier...**** that ref

"Cant do nomore damage, Yep, the Ref in the Steelers game call Hall a "N" and thats why Halls eyes got big as ****. I cant blame Hall on that"

From JSteelz' twitter

---------- Post added November-20th-2012 at 08:16 PM ----------

It's not that D-Hall yelled at a ref and the ref yelled back.

It's what the ref said to D-Hall.

I can tell you he wasn't exactly inviting him to get a burger after the game. Possibly a lynching, though.

yeah...I got it now

sorry about that

---------- Post added November-20th-2012 at 08:18 PM ----------

This from LL's as well

"We have been holding on to the info for a few weeks... The Ref dropped the N word on Hall on the field. Thats why Hall was ready to box."

nevermind what I said earlier...**** that ref

"Cant do nomore damage, Yep, the Ref in the Steelers game call Hall a "N" and thats why Halls eyes got big as ****. I cant blame Hall on that"

From JSteelz' twitter

---------- Post added November-20th-2012 at 08:16 PM ----------

yeah...I got it now

sorry about that

---------- Post added November-20th-2012 at 08:18 PM ----------

This from LL's as well

"We have been holding on to the info for a few weeks... The Ref dropped the N word on Hall on the field. Thats why Hall was ready to box."

So that's why he wanted to have a meeting and keep things on the low. I don't blame Hall for getting pissed! WTH kind of professional is this official? He needs to be suspended or fired!

It's no wonder Hall has a chip on his shoulder. Damn, imagine if you had to deal with that **** on the field! It also explains why his teammates were supporting him after this happened.

Truth always comes to light. That official should be fired ASAP!

Maybe this will help people refrain from talking **** about Hall for a while. The bottom line is, we have NO idea what goes on behind the scenes (this incident is a primary example), and it's not fair for people to keep ****ing about his behavior when (especially in this case) the ref was clearly trying to instigate **** with him.

Are you kidding? If that's true, the referee should be fired. You would be fired in any highly competitive and respected workplace for that.

Rush Limbaugh was fired from ESPN for even insinuating that all of "Black America" was rooting for McNabb because they needed a hero. Jimmy "The Greek" was fired for saying that all black men are better athletes because they were bred that way thru slavery. How this official still has a job after dropping the "N" bomb on a professional football field is absolutely outrageous.

Maybe this will help people refrain from talking **** about Hall for a while. The bottom line is, we have NO idea what goes on behind the scenes (this incident is a primary example), and it's not fair for people to keep ****ing about his behavior when (especially in this case) the ref was clearly trying to instigate **** with him.

No, because in the eyes of alot of fans , Dhall will be a cancer no matter what. :doh:

It's no wonder Hall has a chip on his shoulder. Damn, imagine if you had to deal with that **** on the field! It also explains why his teammates were supporting him after this happened.

Truth always comes to light. That official should be fired ASAP!

Another ref was heard cursing a player when his mic switched on by accident. They have really showed their azzes this year.

I bet a lot of people feel stupid for trashing D.Hall about this now. I know some will still say he overreacted, but you just can't do that.

We hold players accountable for everything. A player calls a reporter gorgeous and we want to trash him. A player hits someone a couple of inches to high and he gets fined. But a ref can drop the N-word and get away with it??? Come on Goodell, you don't want this PR Nightmare, you need to fire him now.

Are you kidding? If that's true, the referee should be fired. You would be fired in any highly competitive and respected workplace for that.

How the f can u fine hall after that!!! In any other job the surrounding people would be like excuse me!!!!! What did u say?!?!? Then it would have gotten nasty!! However, the nfl doesn't care and fines him! Wow really... I'm speechless if "" ifff the ref had the balls to say that !!!! What an ignorant uneducated person....

An he gets fined 30k!!! By the nfl?!??!? He's the victim ! U don't kick the victim!!! Wow the nfl is a total 100% joke!

Archived