Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In honor of Sean Taylor's induction into the 80 Greatest this Sunday ...

Diss

What the??? So when was S.T. Called the tarantula??

---------- Post added November-2nd-2012 at 02:54 PM ----------

Still say it, and will probably always say it.

The best I've ever seen.

agree, he was well on his way to being that. He could cover ANY receiver. Could destroy any RB. Turnover machine with ball handling skills. :( :(

What the??? So when was S.T. Called the tarantula??

Doc Walker dubbed him "The Tarantula" because of how he moved, those long arms slowly swaying back and forth like spider legs. I think it's a great description.

Losing this guy set this secondary back a decade or more, and we're now seeing part of that tragedy play itself out on the field.

Definitely miss ST back there. He'd have protected the backend from many of this years atrocities up to and including Victor Cruz debacle. :doh:

Not only are you missed as a football player, but more importantly as a father, son, and brother. RIPST

I had bought some tickets to this game randomly(My first game ever), and finding out that Sean will be inducted, and I'll be there to see it live, means a LOT to me. Wow...

Very cool!

Jackie Taylor, Sean Taylor's daughter is going to be the coin girl this weekend FYI

That's very cool, too...I hope everyone at FedEx shows her how important her father was to this team and its fans.

The YouTube collection of his highlights called "The Legend of Sean Taylor" is my favorite. My husband has caught me watching it and crying more than once.

RIP 21...you're loved and missed.

... here's his segment from the recent "10 for 80" documentary, along with the segments of the other inductees.

Sean "The Tarantula" Taylor:

:rubeyes:

Man, I hate you. Makin' a grown man cry on a Saturday morning. :nono:

Man, do I ever miss Sean. We would be closer to 6-1, 5-2 right now if....

...if only...

I miss ST so much and geared up when watching the video.

I love RG3 now and no one will ever take ST place in my heart but RG3 has helped.

Question for you guys... If we still had ST do you think we would have gotten RG3? I think our D would have been better and our record too so I don't think we would have drafted RG3.

Will miss you forever Sean!

Still say it, and will probably always say it.

The best I've ever seen.

Yeah, Polamalu can't hold a candle to him. I've never seen anyone hit other players with such force like he did. He truly defined the description of "running through you".

---------- Post added November-3rd-2012 at 10:58 AM ----------

Question for you guys... If we still had ST do you think we would have gotten RG3? I think our D would have been better and our record too so I don't think we would have drafted RG3.

Will miss you forever Sean!

Yes, because we still would have had to repair the offense. We needed RG3 like we needed ST when we drafted him.

And I agree with you about RG3 helping heal that wound. He is the first since Sean that the whole fanbase has gotten behind that we can believe in.

Sean Taylor was a one in a million type of player!! He actually went to the coaches and asked to play on both sides of the special teams? That's insane!! Most superstar would blast their coaches,if they asked them to play on SPT! Here's the video I think they should use on Sunday the greatest tribute vid out!! Enjoy...Warning this vid may cause alot of anger when we see how special he is just listen to the commentary Smh ..WE got robbed:( him a RGIII would've brought the ship back to DC:mad:

crazy how these videos still get me choked up years later.

I remember the night before he passed, I was refreshing blogs all night that were saying he was in bad shape, but I never thought it would be fatal. I will never forget the feeling I got the next morning when I woke up, hit refresh, and saw "Sean Taylor has passed away".

Living in Canada restricts me from having the opportunity of attending many games@ FedEx, but was lucky enough to see him live one game many years ago. His impact as a player struck chords with me that have not felt many times in my life. As a die hard sports fan and one who bleeds the essence of Redskins football, I will forever cherish that one day, that memory, forever.

My youngest son who is only 9 years old and has just begun his football career ( I hope :) ) was so adamant that he chose Taylor's number for his jersey, his coach question why it was so important to him. He looked at his coach while I stood beside him and simply said " for Sean Taylor, the greatest Redskin". It brought a smile and a shock to his coaches face, as he knew my son never seen him play. He asked how he knew about Taylor after handing my son his much sought after number. I told him I have been teaching my son the importance of playing at a high level each and every play, but more importantly, to give it your all and be the greatest team mate you can be....such as Sean was.

My song old me, he' ll never where another number......one of many proud moments for a father north of the border :)

I prayed to God that we got RG3 because he took ST from us so early.

I still wear his jersey and will never forget watching him play or watching him

Live.

My first game was in 2004 against the bengals when he clothesline the RB.

To some fans who say let it go etc I will always remember him fondly and his memory will always burn brightly within me.

Who thought once we drafted Landry that we would have such atrocious safety play!!

I really felt we were cursed when he died but feel RG3 is a gift that can now take us back to the promise land.

not going to go into how much ST meant to me, how much I miss him, and how much that video choked me up because i think everyone has covered it well. i am glad i saw this thread because my brother was a huge ST fan. so much so that the game just doesnt bring him joy anymore like it used to when Sean played (has said so often and it breaks my heart each time). i just went on stubhub and bought two tickets for he and my dad (late bday gift for him) to go to the game so he could be there and witness this moment.

Archived